October 2017 Moms
Options

POTD: Man Buns!

keiraannekeiraanne member
edited May 2017 in October 2017 Moms
There's no love out there for the man bun. While I'm not particularly a fan, I don't agree that the notion putting long hair in a bun should be the sole domain of women. I have long hair and it's often simply more comfortable and efficient to throw it up in a bun rather than a tight ponytail, and I wouldn't resent anyone with long hair to do the same from time to time. Where do you stand on the man bun debate?

POTD: Man Buns! 75 votes

Let there be man buns!
29% 22 votes
No. Just... no.
34% 26 votes
It doesn't matter to me either way.
32% 24 votes
SS
4% 3 votes

Re: POTD: Man Buns!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    bluejeanbabi05 Haha yes! +1 for Chris Hemsworth.
  • Options
    lola4411lola4411 member
    edited May 2017
    this is hilarious!  @keiraanne you definitely picked the hottest man bun out there. i think that might sell the man bun option a bit!

my 3 year old has longer hair and it is always in his face during his swim lessons.  his teacher and the lifeguard requested a man bun for his next lesson lol. i am going to try it for the pool!

not a fan on guys, but i dont care if they decide to wear it

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @beezeemarie yessssss.  thank you for saying this.  my little guy has had a lot of haircuts but i keep his hair long. man bun is inevitable at this point lol

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    beezeeebeezeee member
    To clarify, I'm generally not a fan of long hair on men when they wear it down. But the man bun though... lol.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    nbcarlsonnbcarlson member
    edited May 2017
    I don't really care but I think most men just can't pull it off. I wish DH would let me do it to DS because it's so adorable on little kids. But DS looks better with short hair. 

• Options
    note on toddler man buns - i CANNOT stand the in between longer than reg hair and shorter than man bun territory frazzled hair always in the eyes phase. i get it is unavoidable and you have to go through it to get to the other side. but when parents leave their kids in that stage drives me bonkers.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    note on toddler man buns - i CANNOT stand the in between longer than reg hair and shorter than man bun territory frazzled hair always in the eyes phase. i get it is unavoidable and you have to go through it to get to the other side. but when parents leave their kids in that stage drives me bonkers.
    that stage was horrible to get through. it was the one time i was grateful to not have any grandparents near us because they would have given us more shit than they already do for his long hair. i picked him up from school a few times and they put a little ponytail in his hair. the teacher apologized but i laughed it was so cute.  

now its long enough to tuck behind his ear but he loves having it flop in his face now and again. he loves flipping it off his eyes!  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Don't really care.  Sophomore class president ran and his platform was he could sport the man bun- he won because they voted for the bun hun. No lie!
  • Options
    I don't mind them either way, but i hate when i see women just tear men apart that have them. Like It's fine you don't like it but A.) Don't judge a person by their hairstyle choice and B.) Think if a guy made fun of you because of your looks. 
  • Options
    I voted SS because when I read the post title I thought of buns as in butts.  
  • Options
    tyannejtyannej member
    Nope. Just no. Why is this a thing? I feel like men who have man buns also wear man rompers and that bugs me lol 
  • Options
    Major no.  I don't like long hair on guys at all, and I think man buns look terrible.  That said, I know my opinion doesn't matter and men should be able to wear their hair however they want.  I'll just be over here barfing in my mouth a little bit.    :D

• Options
    Honestly I think they're cute. My husband has the short on the sides long on top hair cut and it's far from man bun length but I wouldn't hate it if he chose to have a man bun. Though he very likely would never go for it.
  • Options
    A little late. I honestly dont care, i even find some men rocking them to be ver cute... But there is no way id be living with a man that has one. Nnnno way my man will shed as much hair as I do or even use my hairbrush! :p 
  • Options
    kpintokpinto member
    https://www.facebook.com/viralthread/videos/800256406813711/

Thought this was fitting! I hope the link works