October 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change | 05.30.17

Hi Mamaz! Hope you had a great long weekend! If you're due date falls on a Tuesday, please feel free to share how you're doing!

1) How many weeks?

2) How big is baby?

3) Team blue, pink or green?

4) How are you feeling?

5) Any appointments this week? 

6) Rants/Raves/Questions?

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity? (If anyone has suggestions for future GTKY questions please let me know!)

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change | 05.30.17

• Loading the player...
  • @soprano19 it took me months to decide on a travel system last time. Read ALL the reviews! I ended up going with the chicco keyfit zip and the chicco bravo stroller. I absolutely love both and don't think I could've made a better decision for what we were looking for! Oh and house boating sounds like a blast! 

@sdarling2010 yes, floating the river is soo much fun! Some friends actually invited me to go with them this weekend, but I had to pass because I figured it would be lame being the only pregnant one and not drinking with everybody. 

1) How many weeks?
    19 weeks

2) How big is baby?
    size of a mango

pink!

4) How are you feeling?
    fine other than having a ton of braxton hicks already. 

yes, I have my anatomy scan Thursday morning! So nervous/excited! It's been 10 weeks since I've seen my little bean. 

I can finally feel solid movement! If I lay my hand on my stomach when I'm laying flat I can even feel it from the outside!

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity? (If anyone has suggestions for future GTKY questions please let me know!)
    I love camping on the lake and kayaking/fishing while we're out there! I don't think it'll happen this year though being pregnant and having a toddler. 

October 2017 May siggy challenge - Parenting fails

DS-02/25/16
    Pregnancy #2-Due 8/24/17 MMC-01/09/17
    DD-Due 10/24/17
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 1) How many weeks? 21

2) How big is baby? Endive

3) Team blue, pink or green? Blue!

4) How are you feeling?  Holy gas pains!  Oh, and I was finally sleeping through the night, not waking to pee, etc. but DS has woken up with night terrors 3 nights in a row.

5) Any appointments this week? Nope.  

6) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I still haven't had my first Makenna injection- getting pretty close to the outer window of usefulness, I think.

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity?  Neighborhood bonfires and get togethers.  Lots of s'mores and hotdogs and kids playing outside together until way past bedtime.
    *Siggy warning - loss mentioned*
    Preemie ID DDs; then DS; then natural M/C; now due 10/17
    High risk for pre-term: weekly Makena injections
  • 1) How many weeks? 20! Finally reached the halfway point :) 

2) How big is baby? A banana this week

Blue baby! 

4) How are you feeling? Overall pretty good. I've been having tons of gas, and occasional RLP, but altogether much better than 1st trimester. 

5) Any appointments this week? Nope, none until June 21st. 

6) Rants/Raves/Questions? I just can't believe I'm already halfway through this pregnancy. Day by day, it seems to go by so slowly. And then BAM! Only 20 weeks left! 

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity? Everything outdoorsy. We enjoy going out on the boat, camping, hiking, etc. It will be pretty different this summer since I'm pregnant, but it'll all be worth it in the end :) 
  • tyannejtyannej member
    1) How many weeks?
    21!

2) How big is baby?
    An Endive (TF is that), or a Chipolte burrito!

PINK!

4) How are you feeling?
    Good, my moodiness is on a whole different level. Like woooooo hormones. 

Nope, one next Wednesday!

I feel like our house is way too small for this baby. Like I have a living room full of boxes of diapers and so much anxiety about where to put it all!

I really don't know, DH and I typically do a yearly summer trip to the Guadelupe River, but we aren't this year because negative. 

@soprano19 I did a lot of research and I'm going with the Evenflo Modular Pivot Travel System. Just because it's so light and the SafeMax and LightMax car seats are interchangeable and I'm sure we will have grandmas with car seats too. Also, the SafeMax, that comes with the travel system is supposidly the only car seat that has been roll over tested. 
  • 1) How many weeks? 21 weeks

2) How big is baby? Size of a baseball hat

3) Team blue, pink or green? Green team!

4) How are you feeling?  Feeling great

5) Any appointments this week? Appointment tomorrow 

6) Rants/Raves/Questions? Still waiting for my baby bump! 

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity? (If anyone has suggestions for future GTKY questions please let me know!) eating snow cones  
  • ariz17ariz17 member
    Sorry I'm late to the party..

1) How many weeks? 
    22 (+1 for today)

2) How big is baby? The size of an ear of corn!

Pink!

4) How are you feeling? Ugh. Sick and nauseous lately... has anyone else experienced this? I really didn't have any morning sickness in the first trimester but now I'm getting sick? I do have bad acid reflux so I think that may have something to do with it. I also have lots of gas and get emotional over everything.

5) Any appointments this week? Nope next Friday.

6) Rants/Raves/Questions? Rants - I want this strange sickness to go away. And the heartburn :( Raves - I love feeling the babe moving around. Also, BF just texted me and said he cant wait to snuggle with his girls  :) Aww

7) GTKY: What is your favorite summer activity? (If anyone has suggestions for future GTKY questions please let me know!) I love sitting outside by a pool with a cocktail...this summer it will be a mocktail 
  • 1) How many weeks? 21 weeks
    2) How big is baby? The size of a pomegranate
    Pink!
    4) How are you feeling?
    Back/butt were bothering me this weekend, but I think it’s just from chasing after my toddler and going up and down the stairs about a million times.
    Nope

Beach time and drinking wine on the patio.

@soprano19I was so stressed out about this last time and did so much research (Baby Bargains is an excellent resource for unbiased reviews with multiple price points).  We ended up with the Chicco KeyFit 30 and the Baby Jogger City Mini GT.  A couple of things I’ve learned along the way are that even though there was an adapter kit for the two of these, it wasn’t very good, and other Baby Jogger strollers had better adapters.  When we transitioned LO to the actual stroller seat, he cried a lot because he couldn’t see us, so having a seat that has the option of facing towards you is a nice option.  If you even have a glimmer of thought that you might have a second child, I would suggest looking into strollers that have an option to add a second seat.  If we would have gotten the Select version we could have just added an additional seat, instead we just invested into a double stroller…sorry for the novel!

Pregnancy Ticker