January 2018 Moms
Options

Weekly Appointments Thread - Week of 5/29

Who has appointments this week? Check in here!
DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekly Appointments Thread - Week of 5/29

• Options
    Friday, I'll finally have my first ultrasound and hopefully hear the heart beat! I'll be 6w+5d. I'm beyond excited!!!!
  • Options
    Me, finally! I have my first u/s tomorrow afternoon and then my first meeting with the doctor after that. I've never met her before so I'm a little anxious but my friend who is much further along is using her, too. She's in the same practice as my gyno who I wanted to use but no longer practices as an OB. I've kind of been holding back on getting too excited until we see the heartbeat so I'm hoping today and tomorrow morning fly by.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FX for all of you ladies!  I'm benched for this thread until next week but I'll be thinking of you!
    Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    I have my first appointment tomorrow morning where I'll be prescribed progesterone and be on an asprin regimen through this pregnancy with high hopes of a sticky baby!
  • Options
    Have my second US Wednesday. At first US, my OB thought she saw two heartbeats but couldn't be sure since it was so early so going back to find out what we are dealing with!
  • Options
    FX for all you ladies this week!!!!
  • Options
    sammiev24sammiev24 member
    edited May 2017
    I also have my first ultrasound for my rainbow baby on Friday 6/2! So anxious! I'll be 7w 2d!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Ultrasound tomorrow at 5w+6 checking for positioning. Hoping to see a heartbeat but I know it's still probably too early. 
  • Options
    Fx for everyone with appointments this week!
  • Options
    Good luck to the ladies with appointments! Can't wait to hear all the reports!
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    MEEE!!! I have my first appt with ultrasound tomorrow at 2pm! I'll be 8 weeks. The last 4 weeks has been torture. Still nervous though.  Especially considering this morning I woke up and don't feel much as far as symptoms. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just had my first US. Nothing was seen unfortunately and it looks like they are moving my EDD to February 4th. Anyone know when the Feb. Birth Club will be available? 
  • Options
    My first appointment is Friday! FXed for an ultrasound. New practice, so I'm not sure what to expect.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Me me me!!! I'm 9 weeks today and have my first ultrasound tomorrow. I'm so excited I planned for a substitute and took the whole day off work (also because I'm tired and done with this school year, ha). 
  • Options
    @BrandedCowgirl92 I second what @EmilyLove25 said. You can sit with us!

• Options
    LHC2011LHC2011 member
    Friday! I'll be 7w3d but she said they won't be doing an US ;( wahhhhhhh
  • Options
    I had my 3rd beta this morning! HCG is 15,788 20dp5dt. Ultrasound is scheduled for Friday 6/9, since DH and i will be out of town 6/1-6/7... :smile:
  • Options
    I had my first US today and I think I'm 7w6d... the technician answered no questions at all, told us it was policy that she wasn't allowed to tell us anything. Told me she was just taking pictures. I had no idea what we were looking at, and we tried to hear or see a heartbeat, but she said it's too small. I'm really nervous now, and annoyed that she didn't show us anything or tell us what we were seeing! This is my first pregnancy, so I don't know what to expect. 
  • Options
    @k8lynedd0109 unfortunately she was just being honest, the techs for the most part are not to answer questions or really discuss anything. Just like when a nurse takes your bp and asks questions she can't really answer any of yours :/
  • Options
    We have our first u/s this afternoon! Work is CRAWLING BY and I'm trying so hard not to feel anxious, as I've had so little pregnancy symptoms so far. (I have lots of symptoms that could also be explained by my progesterone supplements, however).
    Prayers and good vibes welcomed! So ready to see that little blueberry and hear its heartbeat in a couple hours. <3
    Me: 32 | DH: 32
    DSS: 5- starting kindergarten this fall!
    TTC since our wedding: October 22, 2016
    BFP #1 5/10/2017!!!
    *Sadly, we lost our sweet babe on 6/19/17 at 9 weeks, 2 days. But we are made of hope, and we'll be back here soon.*
  • Options
    @k8lynedd0109 That is interesting that the tech would not tell you guys anything, because mine talked to me the entire time about what she was looking at - uterus, cervix, ovaries, baby. I was asking a ton of questions, so not sure if they typically do that. Sorry that you left your appointment with more questions.

@hunt_adventure_society Hope your first u/s goes awesome!!!

Me: 34 | DH: 32
    Married: May 2015
    DS: 12/17
    BFP#2: 12/26, EDD#2: 9/5

• Options
    @FireLily0 - my tech was the same! She was pointing out everything and explaining what everything was and why everything was being done the way it was. It sounds like it depends on the practice.
  • Options
    Same as the above ladies...my US tech was very talkative and let me know everything she was doing as she was doing it.

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    Had my genetics counseling appointment today. Basically this lady just went over a bunch of case studies of women taking the drug I did and thier outcomes. It was a lot of back and forth data and very unhelpful to me. Plan going forward I'll be getting a 12, 15 and 18 week ultrasound in the hopes the docs can tell if my baby formed correctly. I'm very unsure how to feel. I want to be excited but don't want to be heartbroken in the end. Wait and see game.

So happy for all the ladies with great appointments and scans this week. 
  • Options
    First u/s went great! Didn't get to hear the heartbeat but we could see it beating beautifully on the screen <3 Baby is measuring perfectly and I am just in awe over here. (Posted our u/s pic in the u/s room!) 
    Dr. said she'll be seeing me every 4 weeks through the second trimester, then every two weeks in the first part of the third trimester, then every week in the home stretch! 
    Our next appt with her will be in our 10th week, and we'll be doing first trimester screening at the hospital somewhere between weeks 11-14, so I'm super relieved that we'll be getting to see our little babe a LOT. 

Me: 32 | DH: 32
    DSS: 5- starting kindergarten this fall!
    TTC since our wedding: October 22, 2016
    BFP #1 5/10/2017!!!
    *Sadly, we lost our sweet babe on 6/19/17 at 9 weeks, 2 days. But we are made of hope, and we'll be back here soon.*
  • Options
    @KLake42 I have been thinking about you and I'm so glad the appointment went well and that there is a membrane between your LOs! Relieved for you!
  • Options
    @klake42 welcome to twinhood! It's so special and so hard all at the same time. Let me know if you have any questions! 
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    @KLake42 Was just coming to check for am update from you! Wonderful news!!

• Options
    I was just wondering about this last night , @KLake42. Such good news!
  • Options
    @KLake42 that's the best news! So happy for you!
  • Options
    EagsEags member
    @k8lynedd0109 That really stinks about your tech. I've had 3 pregnancies, monitored by 2 REs, and 3 different OBs (we switched during the 1st OBs pregnancy and used one set during the surrogacy to achieve pregnancy and then my normal set for monitoring and delivery). 

Thats to say, in 5 different offices I've always had techs who told us what he/she was looking at (baby, length of baby, heart rate, yolk sac, backed out view of uterus, parts is baby, etc). 

What part of if the world are you located in? I've had a few friends in Canada who have encountered this before (not saying anything negative about Canada, and obviously each office is different, just anecdotal info I've seen). 
    6th cycle of meds/iui combos = BFP!! - EDD 1/21/13 <3
    Born via emergency c-section - 8lb, 19.75 in, 100% stubborn BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    8 cycles of unmedicated trying = BFP!! - EDD 1/10/18  <3
    BabyFetus Ticker
    *Waiting for Baby Eags 2.0*;
  • Options
    @KLake42 what great news!
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    I had my first appointment today. Went into it thinking I was 7 weeks 2 days, came out 4 weeks, 6 days. I am a huge mess and feeling like this is going to end but the doctor didn't seem concerned since I got pregnant on birth control and I have no idea when I ovulated. 

I go back in 2 weeks for another u/s. I'm going to keep praying and trying to stay positive.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @KLake42, that's great news! 

@Dani0329, prayers that you just ovulated late- it's absolutely a possibility! 

U/s techs are supposed to take the pictures and not explain things to you. It's outside of their job description/what they're qualified to do. It doesn't vary by practice, it varies by whether or not the tech is playing by the rules. If you have a radiologist doing your scan- which is incredibly unlikely- they can tell you. They are the only ones qualified to read and interpret a scan. 

Before my last pregnancy I appreciated the chatty tech who slipped some info by. But then I had the one tech, during one of my regular scans, tell me that everything looked great. Imagine how it felt when my OB called to say that no, it didn't look great, that nothing had changed and I needed to schedule yet another scan?
    DD1 4.14.10
    DD2 8.22.13
    MMC 1.4.17 at 16w
    Expecting #3, EDD 1.29.18

Pregnancy Ticker