May 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 5.29.17

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Progress made or plans for baby preparation?

GTKY: Do you have plans today for Memorial Day?

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: Do you have plans today for Memorial Day?
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: Monday Ticker Change 5.29.17

• Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    How many weeks old is baby? 5 weeks today. Today was our due date!

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Nope

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? Sometimes I wonder if I'm feeding him too much when I give him the 4 oz bottle, but I don't force him to take it all. If he wants to stop at 3 oz, it's okay. 4 oz is normal every 3 hours for a month old baby, right? I didn't really question it until @BeachMommy2B said her pediatrician was concerned about overeating. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? No, we're sleeping as best as we can. MIL keeps asking if my sleep is getting any better, which is mildly annoying. It's not going to get better for the foreseeable future.

Rants/raves/questions? Should we keep doing ticker change once all our babies are here? I imagine we'll stop at some point, but I have really enjoyed it!

GTKY: Do you have plans today for Memorial Day? We normally would go camping or hiking, but we have a group at camp. If the rain holds off, I'll try to get a hike in today on my own.

• Options
    How many weeks old is baby? 2 weeks old today.

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Yes, we have his two week check-up tomorrow and I hope my pediatrician is ready because I have a TON of questions :)

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? I had to stop nursing (nipple issues - too painful) so I have been pumping and bottle feeding Mason. I am just concerned we are giving him enough per session. He doesn't seem to be hungrier, but FTM so I am questioning everything. Also, since we are still trying to get up to his birth weight, I am super anxious for the appointment tomorrow,

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? Mason seems to be sleeping a good 3 hours at a time. I need to get my pumping in line with his feeding schedule so I can nap more when he sleeps.

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: Do you have plans today for Memorial Day? We went to a friends house yesterday for Memorial day today we are just going to hang out at home the three of us. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is 3wks and 2 days old. 

We have his 1 month appointment this week and they will assess how well his reflux meds have been working. I do think they are working, which is awesome because my next step was to eliminate dairy and I don't think I could do that. I could, but it would suck. 

Feeding/weight: He's a great nurser. He eats about every 2-4 hrs around the clock. He's gaining well. He was 1 1/2 lbs over his over his birth weight at his 2 wk appt. We've outgrown NB diapers and his NB clothes are a little tight. 

Sleeping: Because of his reflux, night time is a bit hard. I do the feeding and DH does everything else. So DH usually holds DS upright for about 20 mins before laying him down. If not, DS falls asleep immediately but then wakes up grumpy 10 mins later. It makes for a long night. 

Memorial Day: We went to a friend's pool party yesterday. Today we need to go grocery shopping and pick up the house a bit. DH heads back to work tomorrow and I'd like to start with a clean house. 

@kns1988  no idea if 4oz is normal. DD didn't take 4oz in a bottle until after 6 mos, but it doesn't seem like an oz one way or the other would be that big of deal. Is it just BM? If you're supplementing with formula, I know a lot of kids take more oz in formula than BM. 

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot, Yeah, it's just BM. That reflux sounds really hard to deal with. I hope the meds are helping!

• Options
    Thanks, @kns1988! They do seem to be helping with his discomfort. I can still here him swallowing it down in his throat after eating, but he's not so angry anymore. So much of this Mom game is worrying, right?

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • Options
    vrj0522vrj0522 member
    B turned one month yesterday.

Feeding: We went to a bf group last Friday and he drank a whole 4.5 oz during rhe session. I was shocked because the nursing session was so fast, probably 30 minutes as opposed to the hour and 15 minutes that it would take my other kids to feed initially. He was up to 10 lbs on Friday so I have decided to stop worrying about feedings. He seems to have reflux or something because he has projectile vomited a handful of times but burping him 3-4 times during a feeding and keeping him upright afterwards seems to be helping. 

Sleep: The last 3 nights he has given me some longer stretches which are nice but who knows how long they will last. I will take them though. We are already on the sleep/eat/play routine and it seems to be working.

Memorial Day: We had DS1's birthday party on Saturday  and we got to see family that day so yesterday we just hung out at home and then went to dinner in the evening. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Options
    How many weeks old is baby? 9 weeks today (2 months and 2 days)

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? He got his 2mo wellness check & shots yesterday. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? doc was pleased with his weight gain..mom is sad watching her little peanut grow but it's life and he's healthy :) 10.5lbs from a 5.5lb preemie. 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? I was told to not go past 5 hrs in between feedings for him :/ I'm contemplating not lustening. if he is sleeping soundly at the 5hr mark I don't think I should wake him. he eats well during the day and is gaining wel

Rants/raves/questions? I wish he'd burp! He keeps holding them in. I try every trick/way I've used growing up (babysitting & mom did daycare). He is so stubborn

GTKY: Do you have plans today for Memorial Day?  Sunday we did a cookout with hubs grandparents and sister and then Monday was with my family. 
  • Options
    Wow, 10.5 pounds! Good job, @SWoodd2012!

• Options
    @vrj0522 FTM silly question here. What do you mean by sleep/eat/play? What kind of activities do you do during "play"? At what age did you start this? Mason is a GREAT sleeper during the day but come night time it is horrible.
  • Options
    Thanks @kns1988. I certainly wasn't expecting him to be that big but we're playing catch up. :)
  • Options
    @vrj0522 thanks for the advice. I feel like Mason is sleeping the day away but then night time comes and he could care less about sleeping. I'll try your suggestions and see if I can't get him "re-trained" :)