Weekend Randoms: 5/27-5/28

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekend Randoms: 5/27-5/28

• Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    DH and are both down for the count with the worst cold ever. Praying my mom comes to rescue the boys from another day of nonstop tv.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    I'm sorry you and YH are sick @KatieEl! I hope you get some relief!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Here is my random - DH and I had decided not to tell anyone until after our first us (June 8). I am 5w4d today. But I'm about to go visit my 89 yo grandmother. It's just a short visit because I am nearby for work. I have been toying with the idea of telling her. I feel like there's a chance for regret either way - on the one hand if I don't tell her I almost certainly will not get to tell her in person. On the other hand if I tell her and something goes wrong I will feel bad putting an old sweet lady through that. Eek.
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @zamora_spin if it were me I'd tell her, the joy that will probably bring her would be worth the (small) risk to me. Enjoy your visit no matter what you decide to do!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    jackmamjackmam member
    My husbands brother is getting married in july, I'll be 10 weeks with my 5th.  I'm trying to decide if we should spill the beans or try to hide it as not to take attention from them.  Being my 5th, I could show early.
  • Options
    My mom and I have this connection, she knows things are going on in my life without talking. I have a BIG test coming up on tuesday and we agreed to wait to tell our parents until that test is behind me so I can focus, but my moms 6th sense has kicked in and she's become clingy. My dad tried to get it out of me a few days ago by telling me my mom has said she suspects it, but this is our first, and their first grandchild, so she has nothing to go off of. Regardless this is going to be a long weekend trying to dodge them! Tuesday can't come fast enough!!
  • Options
    @WildMagelet I totally should have gotten my BFF one of those, but I was just so excited I had to tell her immediately. I am sure she will love it!

Me: 34 | DH: 32
    Married: May 2015
    DS: 12/17
    BFP#2: 12/26, EDD#2: 9/5

• Options
    @WildMagelet I love that so much. I've been trying to tell my best friend for a week now, but she's so busy so we haven't had time to hang out. I'm hoping she has a day off work next week so I can tell her!

@KatieEl hope you both are feeling better soon!
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @jackmam if you're going to tell them I'd say you need to do it around week 8 or wait until at least a week after the wedding, you don't want to steal their thunder. A babydoll dress or something super flowy, may be suspicious but at least you're doing your best to let them have their weekend!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    sjb2215sjb2215 member
    @KatieEl hope you and YH feel better soon!
    @zamora_spin me and MH are in a similar boat -didnt want to tell anyone until after first appt (8 weeks on 6/16). Haven't seen my parents yet but it's been so hard to keep it from my mom bc we talk on the phone a couple times a week! Also the weekend after our appt were going to celebrate MH's grandma's 90th birthday. Figured it might still be early to tell the entire extended family and didn't want it to take away from the birthday party. And also wanted to tell both sets of parents before anyone else. FX whatever you decide works out!
    @WildMagelet super cute mug! Was it an etsy purchase?

AFM having a nice chill morning, going to a festival and helping SIL move this afternoon 
  • Options
    jesscmvjesscmv member
    @zamora_spin I would definitely tell her! Keep us updated on what you decide
  • Options
    Had an amazing Friday. I took the day off and so did BF so we went to take a tour of the birthing center and then went kayaking for 3 hours followed by a night of fishing. After the appointment, we had to stop in Target and he was so sweet (he doesn't get excited and already has 2 pre-teens) but he was like "want to look at baby stuff?" He could tell I was so excited but haven't really wanted to overload him with baby stuff since we both have extremely stressful family situations to deal with due to the baby. 

Anyway, just relaxing this weekend and then driving a few hours to visit my parents on Monday... dreading it. My mom wants to go to the beach but the thought of a bathing suit is so uncomfortable right now. And I feel like I need to tell them so that the disappointment and shock can wear off soon and my mom will eventually be happy and involved. Even though I'm happy, the timing is absolutely horrible... 
  • Options
    DH just took DD to his dad's a state away. I couldn't go because I have a retirement party tonight and graduation party tomorrow. I'm ok missing the driving (nausea in the car  :s) and it helps to be able to spend one on one time with my dog (first baby/was just us for many years), but OMG do I detest being away from DD. It's awful. I'm really going to miss her at bedtime and first thing in the AM. Luckily they'll be back tomorrow afternoon. 
    *TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    So Dh is working today and i'm home with my 3yo. Nornally this is great but since we got the news she's been super sensitive. I took her to the Touch a Truck festival and she lasted like maybe 45 minutes before she lost it and melted down. She's yelling about everything and crying and she's usually so pleasant. 

I think she's just working though big feelings amd i'm convinced she knows i'm pregnant even tho we haven't told her. I just want my cheery little girl back. 

I'm going to a party tonight but I kind of don't want to with the type of day i've had. Ugh. 

• Options
    @KatieEl hope you feel better soon.

@WildMagelet that is the cutest mug ever! I'm sure your BBF is gonna flip.

@katmarie13 where in the world did you get the energy to do all of that yesterday?!? I am very jealous. I can barely manage to get out of bed, put clothes on and go to lunch. Haha

I hope everyone has a nice long holiday weekend (if you're in the US)
  • Options
    jakobabyjakobaby member
    edited May 2017
    @zamora_spin that is so sweet! Tugs on my heart strings.

We have family in town from San Fran this weekend. I've looked forward to this for months but I'm afraid this bod isn't going to handle two days of romping around the city. I've basically been in bed or on the couch since the MS kicked in 3 weeks ago. At least the restaurants we plan to go to all sound good. Just weary about the middle eastern place that I normally LOVE so much. I may just eat hummus and laffa for dinner haha.

I hope that getting out of the house will serve as a good distraction. Happy weekend to all!

Edited: because I had more to say.
  • Options
    DS had a fever last night  :( would not sleep. I think it reminded us of newborn days lol. Pretty sure it's teething and a slight cold. He didn't get his 1 year shots, we're waiting till 15m check up because of it. It's been a great start to our long weekend haha
  • Options
    I wish I could just tell people we are expecting. There are days I seriously do not feel well, but have been trying to hide it so as to not raise suspicion. 12 more days til our first US and then I can spill the beans...

• Options
    First trimester is sooo long and drags by. I hated this feeling the first go-round. Second tri was great then that last month. Ugh.
  • Options
    Ugh. I just left a baby shower and am still secretly pregnant. It was the worst keeping it a secret. Especially since I have a friend who was there who is already convinced I'm pregnant and she kept teasing me about it. *eyeroll*
  • Options
    @FireLily0 - I hope so!  DH thinks she will, and that's a lot coming from him, LOL.  

@schaze - I know the feeling!  I saw her the day before we found out, but she lives an hour away, had a death in the family last week and has had two job interviews this week so we just haven't found time to get together!  In the meantime I've had two blood tests, two OBUS, and like 3 changes in medications so I feel like she's just missed so much already even though its only been less than 2 weeks.

@sjb2215 - Yes!  Here's the shop link if anyone wants to check out their stuff.  The shipping was a bit slower than I'm used to (because I'm spoiled by EMS and Amazon Prime) but it took just over a week from start to finish to get to me.  https://www.etsy.com/shop/AurumPrincipium?ref=l2-shopheader-name

@burnsmommy27 - Thanks!  I hope she does  <3

Me: 34 | DH: 46
    SD: 21 & SS: 17
    BFP #2 6/3/2020

*Trigger Warning*
    TTC 6/13/2015 | BFP #1 5/14/2017 | MMC 7/28/2017 (Trisomy 18) | IL + D&C 8/4/2017

• Options
    @KatieEl ugh, no fun! Hope you're better soon!

@zamora_spin Cute! I looove Grandmas! I bet she feels so special you told her early!

@jackmam I agree with waiting if you can; it's good your being sensitive to not stealing their day.

@MeggsM @tgortney  Somehow trying children when you are pregnant just feels over the top. Toooo much!

We're leaving today for Ohio for 10 days. The day we fly home, I'll be 6weeks. Really hoping I don't get MS before we come home. Last time was pretty bad!
  • Options
    Ugh. I just left a baby shower and am still secretly pregnant. It was the worst keeping it a secret. Especially since I have a friend who was there who is already convinced I'm pregnant and she kept teasing me about it. *eyeroll*
    Oh man! I've got a baby shower that I'm hosting at my house in a couple weeks and lots of my really good friends are going to be here. It's also right during prime morning sickness time. I don't know how I'm going to pull this one off  :#
  • Options
    I need to mow the lawn today and was supposed to do it early before it got hot! Now I've waited until its 80 degrees out. Ugh, long day of lawn mowing, cleaning, and giving my dog a bath! Then going out of town for the day tomorrow. I just want to relax before the week starts. And I just remembered I have to get an oil change before I leave town. Days like today I am so thankful I haven't gotten MS but am so nervous that I might!
  • Options
    I have a feeling we will get flack for #4, for no reason.   We're happily married, healthy, financially responsible, and good parents to our other children.   But 4 kids in 6 years just seems like a crazy decision to most.    So, we are toying with the idea of not saying anything for a while (the other three were announced between 8-10 weeks) and just seeing how people react to my growing belly.  
  • Options
    We are headed out of town today for a family reunion in my DH side. We still havent told our parents and we are 9 weeks today, this ought to be an interesting day.
  • Options
    @KatieEl I hope you both feel better soon and that the grandparents rescue you guys for at least a day!  <3@MeggsM my DS is super clingy and only wants Mommy since before we found out officially. I wonder if he suspects too. 

I'm loving our weekend in San Diego and wishing we lived here. @cyanope thanks for the tips--we've been enjoying all the things. I'm already plotting when we can come back.

I wanted to wait to announce to our parents and Siblings until after the first US but my SIL and Family plus MIL/FIL are planning a trip to visit us in August and they have zero comprehension of distances when they are planning to drive all over three different states. I didn't want to come across as a jerk when I said we can't do xyz so DH and I discussed it and decided we better tell them. Otherwise they get it into their heads that we don't want them to come or some other ridiculous nonsense. Eh. Oh well. Everyone was happy and I still managed to tell my parents first. My mom was grinning like crazy the whole entire call. 
  • Options
    @hwoodmama lol I can just picture one of your family/friends walking into your house to see you six months pregnant. You'll have to record some of the reactions if you go that route. 

Also, have as many kids as you want. 
  • Options
    I have a presentation I need to prepare and I am really not able to function without caffeine.  Mind you I am still drinking ~150 mg a day but I normally drink so much more than that just to function.  Today has also been terrible with mood swings.  I really think its just the frustration with needing a cup of strong coffee and everyone is just getting on my nerves - and I feel like no one here understands.  

DH and his entire family act like pregnant woman are made of glass and that pregnancy is an illness.  They want me to stay in bed all day every day and no matter how much I tell them that it very dangerous for me and the baby they just don't want to listen and keep nagging. :/  Definitely not helping at all today. 

Other than that, I'm just hangin out with one of my cats - who I'm pretty sure knows I'm pregnant bc he really isn't a snuggler but has become incredibly attached to me the past two weeks. I am going to the beach tomorrow and I'm sure that should help put me in a better mood as it is my absolute favorite place in the world. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @gamilasalem82 enjoy the beach! That sounds glorious.

@EmilyLove25 hope you were able to enjoy your quiet night alone!

@tgortney hope DS is feeling better today. Fevers are the worst.

@hwoodmama my parents had 4 of us in 6 years, and then went on to have 2 more a few years later. I hope you get 0 negative reactions, because that's nobody's business but your own!
  • Options
    Holy heartburn. It has arrived with a vengeance this afternoon  :| My last pregnancy it did not get this bad until late in the second tri. I'm hoping today is a fluke.

Jan '18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    I think my two year old is picking up on my being pregnant. He's chosen to take it out on me by beating me up. Constantly. We were making headway on the whole gentle concept and suddenly that's out the window. I am so over being jumped on and punched all day long.

Other than that, every time I'm not eating, I feel like I have the flu. So I keep eating but then I feel too full and feel like I have an even worse flu. Can't win so far. But at least I know baby's healthy in there! Since we're moving it'll be a few more weeks before our first appointment so I'm thankful for the super strong symptoms to show me it's all good.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• Options
    I'm going to miss IPAs and delicious hot day drinks this summer. At a BBQ and just looking enviously at everyone's beer :(
  • Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    I'm craving beer like crazy, and I'm not normally a beer drinker. Maybe because it has folate? I'm thinking about trying an alcohol free beer (I know the "nonalcoholic" beer has a little alcohol).

Maybe I just want something cold and foamy, and not sweet,
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    @Lizbeth86 Couldn't have said it better! 
  • Options
    @Lizbeth86 preach, girl