Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

UO Thursday 5/25

2»

Re: UO Thursday 5/25

• Options
    @pebbledam - I don't keep cards. I don't even really like them. I think they are a waste of money and I rather have something hand written like a letter. 

@grnmtnmama -- LOL. That's me. I have an annual pass to WDW and constantly theme my outsits. I "disney bound" and even have ears to match different rides. And personalized buttons. Whatever. Disney is my happy place.

Me: 33
    DH: 30
    TTC #2 Since April 2017
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @izza2 - I think that last tag is supposed to be for shortstack930? 

Also, we just found out that my DSS's mom has been giving him her phone to play on. I'm not sure how much time he spends on it or what sort of apps he's using, but he's 16 months old and we aren't thrilled about it. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    For the record no judgment on screen time! My kid gets plenty of it but I agree that using it to placate or giving hours and hours of it can be more harmful than helpful. 

Also re: joint Facebook accounts I have seen it and I do unfriend when it is a situation where I'm only really friends with the wife. DNW random husband I don't really know also having access to my page. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @garnetandgoldgrace I think being able to have an annual pass is so cool! I haven't been able to go since I was 12. Every time I try to plan a trip
    it just seems so expensive!!! You are probably an expert at doing in affordably though. I know my friend with a pass is!
    Me: 31 | DH: 34
    Together: September 29, 2009
    DS: January 15, 2013
    TFAS June 2017
  • Options
    @izza2 @vflux33 totally agree - we're on the same page. I was just trying to balance the "screens are always terrible" message I thought I was hearing, but you're right, screens aren't then "awesome" - they just have potential. I think parents need to find the middle ground of not accepting as is but also not entirely rejecting screens to get more of the educational/enrichment/creative options from developers. 
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @doxiemoxie212 Totally. I think as a society right now we're not making a great distinction between the possible uses of this technology: there is a lot of binary thinking going on and I agree screens are neither 100% good or bad and I wouldn't want any potential kid of mine to be "behind" other kids in school in terms of understanding how to use technology.  

In general I love the idea of producing something with new mediums, and that should definitely be celebrated through screens and otherwise. I just wish my nephew hadn't played hours and hours of Angry Birds before learning how to talk and seeing that made me want to be more protective with screens (as opposed to a full ban--though at 2 I say full ban personally). 
  • Options
    @vflux33 yeah, totally, if a skill like language is lagging, playing Angry Birds, or any game like that, is not going to help. But I could totally see a really cool game that might actually improve language! It's a shame that kind of thing isn't what kids are actually using screens for 9 times out of 10. 
  • Options
    @izza2 @pebbledam I 100% agree! I can't stand when people give their kids screens to placate them. Absolutely teaching them the wrong thing. At that point they're just rewarding bad behavior. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22