January 2018 Moms
Options

STM+ Check-in 5/24

How far along are you? 

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be?

Re: STM+ Check-in 5/24

• Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks, 1 day

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? DD is 21 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I find these days I have no patience. I know DD needs me to be patient with her right now, but my hormones are going haywire and some days I can't deal with another tantrum. Cue the guilty mom feelings...

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm thrilled to be able to give DD a sibling, I know they are going to be best friends. I just need to make it through this first trimester!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Rant/Rave - I've already had to unbutton my pants because they are too tight, which is awesome, but I have a feeling I'm going to show a lot sooner than last time.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I would love to live in the Harry Potter books, preferably in HP and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
  • Options
    mrs_lltmrs_llt member
    How far along are you?  7w2d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Mia - 22 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  My daughter loves babies and kids all together. That said, I'm still worried that she's going to be so annoyed with #2. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: The past few days I have been able to focus on self care and it's been nice. I feel rejuvenated and I'm even more madly in love with MH for encouraging me to do so. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I'm supposed to go to dinner with a friend tonight when I really just want to sleep. I'm lame!

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? The Blacklist for sure!!
    Mom to Little Miss M - IUI - Delivered July 2015
    #2 - Due Jan 2018

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mdfarmchickmdfarmchick member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 
    4w5d

C is 21 months... Do you have an August baby too @chloandcoco ?
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  
    I'm just struggling with the nausea and had really bad insomnia the past few nights so mornings are rough. I feel bad too because in the late afternoon/early evening I have no energy so C is stuck with Daddy, and he is teething so he really wants me. 

I had a follow up appointment yesterday and got to tell my doctor that we are pregnant so obviously I had to pee in a cup. Today the nurse called me back; turns out I'm pregnant. Haha. I like the little confirmations because it doesn't feel real until there's a heartbeat to hear. 

NA

I am so bad at these questions... ha. I kind of like my life so I have no idea. But somewhere set on a beach since I'm stuck in the desert for now?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7 weeks, 3 days

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? DD is 2yrs

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  @ChloandCoco I am so with you!  The first trimester with a little one is rough!  Zofran is my new friend, but I sure wish I could stomach coffee...I have no energy.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I actually haven't been able to think much about welcoming a second child at all, which makes me feel horrible, but it's true. I've been too sick, tired and hot (major hot flashes alredy) to think much at all except everyday stuff.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: The GoT official trailer was just released! Ahhhh! I can't wait!!!

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? LOTR, as a hobbit...minus the hairy feet, hahaha.
    3 MCs
    1 Rainbow Baby: Born 4/4/15
    BFP: 4/23/17  EDD 1/5/18
  • Options
    How far along are you? 6+4

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? E will be 11 months on Friday 

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Walking is still so much fun, but it looks like she's getting a cold and shared with me so that's just great. This nausea and exhaustion with a baby is 10x worse, even though I was sicker the first time around. I can't wait for 2nd tri!

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm getting really excited to see DD with a sibling!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I'm getting nervous already about things like GD, the BP issues I had last time, and just the fact that we haven't even seen this baby or heard a heartbeat. I still have 3 long weeks to wait before I can even schedule the dating u/s.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? Oh gosh, either Harry Potter or LOTR. I can't choose between the two.
  • Options
    How far along are you?  8 + 2

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 11 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  We are planning A's first birthday party and I'm so excited. So far I have made paper tulips and a high chair tutu. I sill need to make doilie table runners. It's a tea party theme. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I have the feeling DD is going to love having a sibling. She goes to an in home daycare with 2 other little girls and has so much fun. I feel she is so bored when she just has to hang out with me all day. 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: ahhh I'm getting so anxious for my appointment on friday. Even though it is the second time around I have so many different questions to ask.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I am pretty obsessed with New York City so although vastly different I'd say Gossip Girl (hello the clothes) or Friends 
  • Options
    @mdfarmchick - I do! I was more of a lurker in Au15. Since this is our last one, I'm trying to be more active. 
    @YorkieLove4 - I really needed a caffeine hit at 3pm this afternoon. Or an afternoon nap, but that's frowned upon at work...
    @schaze - I'm sorry you and your DD have a cold, hopefully you can rest up this evening. 
    @burnsmommy27 - A tea party theme birthday sounds awesome! We had an ice cream party theme for my DD's 1st birthday. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 8 weeks

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Julian, 2

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  DS waking up lately in a tantrum is killing my sleep and nausea.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I have a belly all of a sudden that I cannot hide. I know it's bloat but I'm actually looking forward to looking pregnant again.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Broken record but I'm over this nausea.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? Any 80's movie. I love them all so much. And the fashion would be fun!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 

maybe 2 weeks, I got my BFP on Sunday and won't have my dating ultrasound till July 3rd!

my son just turned 1 this month! 

No questions, I'm just anxious about the new juggling act but I know now that there's an end to the madness of the newborn days and baby smiles are like crack.

I love the idea of my son never knowing a life without his sibling because I was an only child and never got to experience having a sibling

Anyone going for a VBAC? I'm looking into a birthing center for a waterbirth because I've heard it's better for your incision and gentler on the uterus

The only show I watch religiously is GOT and yeah, no thanks.
  • Options
    @KatieEl I love that you talked to your son about your doula. DD (2.5) probably wouldn't understand it yet but I want her to meet the doula this time around, probably when we have our first meeting. Are you using your same doula again?
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6+5

DS is 4 yrs

Just worried about how he will handle sharing me, he's very attached and a bit clingy. I'll probably worry about this for the next year.

DS has been amazing with the news. He's so excited, asks me every day "how's the baby in your belly?" And gives my belly hugs and kisses all day. Can't wait to show and have him be able to feel kicks.

My MIL is currently "offended" because we tried to donate a bunch of crap she gave us for DS that was DHs. We never used it, DH doesn't want it, he told me to put it in our donate box. If you don't want your 30+ yr old junk donated, don't give it to us! We don't have enough room to keep things we DONT NEED. We barely have space for what we do need.

Easy. Harry Potter Universe
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    7 weeks

DS is 3

Will I ever sleep again?

I can't wait to snuggle my new baby and sniff its head.

WTF is with this food aversion/nausea w/out vomiting? I feel like if I could vomit I'd actually feel a bit better.

I would want to live in Neptune, be bffs and solve mysteries with Veronica Mars, but somehow also steal her man. Because Logan Echolls in uniform is... :*

June Siggy Challenge: Fictional Dads
    Stanley Tucci in Easy A
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  @ChloandCoco I am so with you!  The first trimester with a little one is rough!  Zofran is my new friend, but I sure wish I could stomach coffee...I have no energy.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM:  I actually haven't been able to think much about welcoming a second child at all, which makes me feel horrible, but it's true. I've been too sick, tired and hot (major hot flashes alredy) to think much at all except everyday stuff.
    Girl, yes! I'm so tired (because I'm pregnant), and I know my coffee would help take the edge off, but I can't manage to finish a cup without gagging (because I'm pregnant). What a terrible cycle!

June Siggy Challenge: Fictional Dads
    Stanley Tucci in Easy A
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @RC1014 we moved in between having DS1 and DS2, so we'll be using the same doula we used last time, but Amy "his special birth lady" sadly doesn't live near us anymore! I would totally recommend introducing DD though, we did that at our first prenatal with DS2 because I was worried that I might be laboring at home while DS1 was awake and I wanted him to know our doula in advance.  That's not how my labor ended up working out, but I'm still really glad I took the time to have them spend a little time together.
    DS1: Nov. 2013
    DS2: Jan. 2016
    DS3: Dec. 2017
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 
    7+5

1.0 is 2.5yrs

If I throw up, she has to "throw up". She's started telling random people "mommy sick earlier" and has constant tummy aches.  

um... I'll get back to you when I'm done trying to wrangle the first while puking my brains out from the second  :s

H went away this past weekend while we already had a crap ton on the calendar. I am still feeling the effects from all the running around and dealing with 1.0 all night long. 

Is there a book or movie where everyone goes to sleep? Because I want to be in that world. Sleeping. 

ETA because autocorrect is out to destroy my life. 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    5+4

DD is turning 3 on Monday!

My main challenge is not yet feeling confident in this pregnancy - counting down the days until we hopefully see the heartbeat. 

DD loves babies, so I'm super excited for her to have a sibling. I realize we will probably have some jealousy issues, but as an only child myself, I'm really looking forward to her having a built-in friend as she grows up.

Just continuing to deal with late onset OHSS and now starting to add in the delightful early pregnancy symptoms, mainly fatigue. Because of all the fluid in my belly, I look about 4 months pregnant, which is making getting dressed for work really challenging and I'm just waiting for one of my students or worse, their parents to ask.

I was on modified bed rest last week and I did a lot of binge watching. I can confidently say I'd like to live on the yacht from Below Deck and travel around the Mediterranean while people cook for me and wait on me!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7w 3d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Eva will be 3 in July

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  I don't have any questions, but I'm concerned about DD's relationship with DH. She has a very strong preference for me, all the time, and it's starting to really impact her interactions with him. :(

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: This is so random, but Eva said the Pledge of Allegiance the other day and my heart almost exploded. It was so cute.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I want to just be able to eat normal food. I hate being sick and I feel like I huge baby.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I love my life but I'd like to temporarily live in one of my trashy novels. Like, having a hot sexy romance with some ridiculously hot billionaire. That would be fun. (haha)

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Options
    EmmyMommy123EmmyMommy123 member
    edited May 2017
    How far along are you? 4+3

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? My son Marlo is 16 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  My son is still a boob-aholic and has never slept through the night. He was waking only once, but with a molar coming in and a cold, it's twice lately. I have no idea how I'll juggle him waking and a newborn, especially if the new baby is as horrible a sleeper as he was and he's still waking up. I'm not suuuuper into tandem nursing, but I'm willing to do it if weaning doesn't naturally happen when/if my supply goes down while pregnant.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm really enjoying my son's age right now. He was really challenging for a long time, a lot of which I think was because he was strong willed and wanted to communicate but couldn't and would get frustrated, so now that he can communicate, all that feistiness has created an awesome personality. New baby...I loved being pregnant, the birth process, and everything about babies (except the never sleeping), so I can't wait to do it all again.

Anyone else still nursing?? How soon are you ladies telling friends and family? I had a range of when I told people last time and I'm thinking the same this time, but am also feeling more open about things, so maybe it'd be earlier. We don't get ultrasounds until 20 weeks here, and don't hear the heartbeat until 12 weeks, so I plan to book an appointment at a private place for the heartbeat at 8 weeks. I just don't know that I can keep it secret that long! Will probably end up telling people before that. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I'd say sex and the city cause I love New York and partying all the time is a life I will never have again, but that's not really true to my current life, so friends is probably more accurate lol.
  • Options

How far along are you? 8 weeks and 1 day!

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Emily just turned 20 months yesterday (5/24). I took the day off work and spent the entire day with her.

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Small challenge—DH is going out tonight, so I am in charge of putting DD down, which he normally does. My nausea is the worst at night it seems, so I am just hoping for a smooth process.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: For whatever reason, my anxiety about this baby is creeping back in—just the typical is he or she alive/healthy etc. But barring that, I am just so excited for Emily to have a sibling. I keep thinking back to all of my great childhood memories with my brothers, and it makes me SO excited for her.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Come on, second trimester, where nearly everything is better. CANNOT wait to feel that reassuring movement.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I think I’d like to be one of the departed on The Leftovers just so I know where they are!

@ChloandCoco  Don’t feel guilty! The hormones are no joke! This video is so relevant to how you are feeling and made me cry happy tears… you should watch it! When you think you are being a bad mom, your DD probably sees it differently! https://www.scarymommy.com/a-normal-day-video-story-of-this-life/

@schaze  I hope the cold gets better. I am battling one too but on the end of it, thankfully!

@tgortney LOL your GOT comment… did you see the new trailer? Definitely not a place to live!

@KatieEl  I just started Seabands… they seem to sort of help… Also, I have found just giving in and throwing up helps in the long run. Can you believe that is my advice? PS so cute with DS1 asking about his birth story!

@SouthernMs yes, actually vomiting days are WAY better for me than unproductive nausea. So many aversions here too.

@EmmyMommy123  If it helps, DD is also a boobaholic and it was not until 18 months that she started sleeping better/through the night often. For us, I think it was mostly taking her out of the crib! There’s hope! I’m with you re: considering tandem nursing if DD needs it but hoping she self weans. 

*TW*

DD1 EDD 9/29/2015, Born 9/24/2015

DS1 EDD 1/3/2018, Born 12/26/2017

BFP #3 3/21/2019, EDD 11/29/2019, MMC/D&C 5/7/2019

BFP #4 6/28/2019, EDD 3/12/2020 

• Options
    How far along are you? 5w2d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)?  DS1 is 5.5, DS2 is 4, DD is 18 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Nothing yet 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: My first and third are so close.  He calls her his girl.   Number 2 was still pretty young so didnt bond as well.   Im excited for 2 and 4 to hopefully bond like 1 and 3.  Im hoping that I can have two sets of BFFs (1 and 2 and 3 and 4) and then two mentoring relationships (1 and 3 and 2 and 4)

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: None yet. 

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? I have no clue.   I dont watch much tv, read mainly non fiction or childrens books, and havent seen a non kids movie in forever.  So maybe The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  It would be awesome to eat all that food and turn into something beautiful.  
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123  If it helps, DD is also a boobaholic and it was not until 18 months that she started sleeping better/through the night often. For us, I think it was mostly taking her out of the crib! There’s hope! I’m with you re: considering tandem nursing if DD needs it but hoping she self weans. 
    @EmilyLove25 thanks! I've heard from a few people 18 months things improved with their terrible sleepers. But I also heard that for 3 months, 6 months, a year..... lol, I've given up! When you say you took her out of the crib, is she in a bed now? I have planned to pretty much never take my son out of the crib because even in it he is all over the place, I can't see him staying in bed whatsoever! We only just got him to stay in his crib all night (go back in to it after feedings vs into out bed) since a little after a year! I haven't nursed him to sleep in months, thinking that would help, but no he wakes and only wants boob. Maybe if he manages to wean during this pregnancy it will help!
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123 So I think DD hated the crib. It was rough and sleeping was awful. She too was all over the place. DH and I decided to get her a twin bed, but we got one with a trundle bed and we are using that (didn't even put the rest together), so it is on the floor and if she rolls out she'll only roll a few inches. Of course this means that she can get  up and walk around her room if she so desired, but that hasn't been a problem. Obviously it is baby proofed and I am still using the monitor. Part of the reason I did this is because I found that she needed me to get into her crib some nights after she would wake up for a boob... so there I was, an adult woman, curled up in a crib for an hour or so most nights  :D However, I think she just really likes having more space. I'm glad we skipped the toddler beds altogether. I can lay with her comfortably until she falls asleep and then by the AM she's moved around a bit. And lol I remember people telling me 3 months, 6 months, etc. Ummm... NO!
    *TW*

• Options
    @tgortney, this will be my third vbac.   My hospital doesnt allow you to birth in the tub, but I do plan to use it when laboring.   My third was born in another state and that hospital did water births, but not for vbacs since it makes it harder to monitor blood loss 
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    I keep meaning to ask. Those of you that had csections - Are you feeling any sort of pulling around the incision area? Normal, right? 

• Options
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks tomorrow

Zach is 2y7m

Z is becoming more capable (of getting into things he shouldn't) every single day. I'm just too tired and crummy feeling to keep up. He keeps dumping things on the carpet, including forcing a Miracle 360 cup open yesterday so it could pour juice everywhere.

That said it's still cool to see him growing, talking, doing more on his own. I'm excited to see how Thing 2 will be similar/different.

D.C. traffic in the rain sucks. MS while meeting with my boss sucks. Being hungry ALL THE TIME sucks. That is all.

Oh man... I wouldn't actually want to live in most of my favorite fictional worlds. Maybe the Shadowhunters' New York.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Jan 18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies

• Options
    @bainidhedub lol Thing 2! 
    *TW*

• Options
    @KatieEl - I love Downton Abbey too! I could live in that show too.
    @mamakassie2 - My DD is extremely clingy to me too, I'm a little worried with how she will do with the new baby. 
    @lemonandlavender529 - I feel the same way, I'm struggling to believe this pregnancy is actually happening. When do you get to hear the heartbeat? I won't hear it until 10-12 weeks.
    @EmmyMommy123 - I've already told a few of my friends and my parents, but we won't tell anyone else until after the NT scan at 12 weeks.
    @EmilyLove25 - Thank you for sharing the video, I definitely cried some happy tears. And good luck tonight with your DD, hopefully your night time nausea kicks in after she goes to bed.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 4w 1d

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? Banner is 18 months

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Just tired all the time and trying to keep up with Mr. Independent who likes to yell NO about everything. 

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: My first was a totally unplanned but welcomed and well loved baby. This time around, we planned and I'm just so happy that we, as a family, are at a better place, both financially and just life wise, than we were 2 years ago.

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: Just wishing my first OB appointment wasn't so far out (June 28th), but I guess that's what happens when you find out at 3 weeks that you're pregnant and they wont see you till you're 8 weeks and you can't go till you're nearly 9 weeks because you have your stepson the week you turn 8 weeks and he doesn't know yet and you aren't ready to share it with him or the rest of the world just yet.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? Gilmore Girls. That show is my jam. I would love to live in Stars Hollow and just hang out at Luke's (which I did do when they did the pop ups here in Nashville), and go to Mrs Kim's antique shop. Like... How cool would that be? haha

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    cyanopecyanope member
    How far along are you? 
    8 weeks 4 days.
    DD is 16 months.
    I just don't have the energy right now to be the mom I'm used to being. DD is doing a LOT of independent play while Mama is sprawled on the couch. Luckily she's just a genuinely happy kid who is perfectly content to do her own thing. But I'm still plagued by the Mommy guilt... 
    I can't wait to see DD as a big sister. She LOVES babies. I told her a couple of weeks ago that Mommy has a baby in her tummy, and now whenever DH or I ask her, "where's Mommy's baby?" she points to my tummy and gives it a kiss. It's the cutest freaking thing ever. 
    Can I just rave about my DH for a second? I pride myself on being able to do it all: a full time job, a clean house, dinner on the table every night, and a happy kid. Right now? I'm failing at everything. DH has totally stepped up to the plate. I still cook dinner (because he doesn't get home until 6:30 every night) but he is doing EVERYTHING else. Cleaning the house, folding/putting away the laundry, bathing DD, putting her to bed, packing our lunches, making me breakfast...the list goes on. I'm getting emotional just thinking about how ridiculously amazing he is. Sorry for being braggy. I just appreciate the heck out of that man.  
    Pride and Prejudice. But I would get Darcy...not Elizabeth.
    Or basically ANY novel/TV show/movie where I get to wear an old-fashioned dress, impress people with my wit, and get the brooding but unbelievably good looking hero.  
  • Options
    How far along are you? 
    6+5

How old are your other kids? 
    DS1 - 15 In August
    DS2 - 2 in June

Today is DS1's last day of 9th grade. He gets his learners permit in August, and my anxiety is through the roof about him driving! He's still my baby!!! I'm hoping DS2 potty trains before new baby comes, but he is showing zero interest right now at 23 months. Also he is still nursing, and I'm hoping he weans before January too. I'd like a little break on both issues before new baby!

Having a teenager and a toddler is surprisingly similar. LOL. As obnoxious and moody as both of them can be sometimes, they are are at fun ages. DS1 is witty and charming, and DS2 is really starting to develop a personality and talking more everyday. He ADORES his big brother, and my heart melts when DS1 takes time to play with his baby brother.

5 more days til our 1st u/s and I'm going crazy. I just want to know there is a heartbeat. Also the all day nausea sucks...

Hmmmm. I always wanted to be a Huxtable kid growing up. But then Bill Cosby went and ruined everything with his rapey and skeevy behavior. Ugh.
    -Emma

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    All these adorable stories about all of your older kids are adorable. I wish DD was old enough to understand what was going on, but I'm also excited for her to know that she's always had a sibling to grow up with.
  • Options
    @EmmyMommy123 I'm still nursing! But my son is turning 13 months. Are you weaning? My plan is 18 months max because I don't tandem feed. I need a break from feeding a tiny human with my boobs for a little bit

@EmilyLove25 girl, yesss! I love GOT! I'm so sad it's delayed this year, it better be amazing!!

@AnyMax I definitely feel something on incision. I have no idea if it's normal or not but just commiserating that you're not the only one :)

@hwoodmama I'm going to reply to your comment soon in the VBAC thread. I have so many questions!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 7+5

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? 22 Month old boy

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Right now my biggest concern is how rough my son is with me. He loves to body slam, punch, kick and I'm worried about when I'm bigger that he'll jump on me and hurt the baby. He's strong and heavy.

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: I'm so excited about giving him a sibling and watching them grow up together!

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I'm over the nausea especially when toddler mom life doesn't always leave room for eating.

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? That's a hard one! I'd have to say Beauty and the Beast. Magic and fairytales are my favorite.

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• Options
    @EmilyLove25 that gives me hope that some day he'll be out of the crib!

@ChloandCoco thanks for the feedback. I told one of my best friends who was my doula last time, as she's has all the connections to get a midwife again so I had questions for her the day I got my bfp. I plan to tell my parents next weekend and my in laws the following week, and my two best friends the next time I see them in person. The big question mark is telling my DHs best friends. I'm ok with telling a few select people, but there may be drama if person a knows before person b and blah blah. So silly!

@tgortney I'm not super actively weaning. Sometimes I try to distract him when hes asking or offer a snack instead or tell him later, but otherwise no. I'm mostly still enjoying it! I only don't love that I think it contributes to him waking in the night and not eating a lot of food, and I'd like to be able to confidently have him be away from me for a day or night! So my only weaning plan at the moment is that maybe he'll give up or lose interest if my supply drops while pregnant. (He's 16 months).
  • Options
    mrs_lltmrs_llt member
    @KatieEl I'm using seabands also, seeing an acupuncturist and taking diclegis at night. I can't take it during the day as it makes me sleepy. So far it has really helped my morning sickness which at first was really all day sickness.  :s
    Mom to Little Miss M - IUI - Delivered July 2015
    #2 - Due Jan 2018

• Options
    ChloandCoco I have another us on June 7, which will be 7+3 - lots of extra monitoring because of IVF and OHSS. My DD was conceived naturally, so I didn't have a scan until at least 10 weeks and honestly, I feel like all of these early tests are actually making me more crazy! Hope the next few weeks pass quickly for you and then you get to see a great heartbeat!
  • Options
    @AnyMax that was probably the first pregnancy symptom I had. My c section scar was hurting at about 4 1/2 weeks but it's gone away for now. After my c section, my incision opened up again when I was 10 weeks postpartum so I freaked out when it started hurting again lol! How long ago did you have a c section? I've heard moms even 7 years later have this issue
  • Options
    How far along are you? 5 weeks today!

How old are your other kids (Share names if you would like)? JJ will be one on June 9!

Current challenges/concerns about being a STM or questions about things your children are going through now?  Things are going pretty well here! My husband is in school and not taking the semester off when #2 arrives so that makes me nervous!! I can do this though... Right???

Current joys/successes/or happy thoughts about being a STM: they will be about 18 months apart, they will be such good friends! 

Rants/Raves/Randoms/Questions: I JUST WANT TO TELL EVERYONE!!!! With JJ I was sooo nervous and waited until about 15 weeks to announce. This time around I just want to tell the world!

GTKY: If you could live in a book, TV show, or movie, what would it be? Ooo that's a tough one! No matter what it would be a comedy! I love to laugh! 
  • Options
    This is an old thread. Please see the check-in from this week to participate!

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014