Options

TWW Wednesday 5/24

Month/Cycle: 

CD/DPO: 

Timing: 

Testing: 

R/R: 

CS/Q: 

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Which do you dislike the most? 

Re: TWW Wednesday 5/24

• Options
    Month/Cycle: 3/2 (1AL)

CD/DPO: 22/5

Timing: O

Testing: Maybe, but not until 14dpo at least

R/R: Rant- I have a F'ing YI and I'm really upset about it. Really upset. 
    Rave- I found my mabis!

CS/Q: No

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most?
    Honesty
    Which do you dislike the most? 
    Negativity
  • Options
    pebbledampebbledam member
    edited May 2017
    @kbamomma33 - YIs totally suck! 

Month /Cycle: 5/4

CD/DPO: 34/10-ish?

Timing: blech

Testing: no more

R/R: I'm in a weird headspace right now. This cycle is basically a bust, but I'm not really looking forward to a new cycle. DH and I don't have a solid game plan for the next cycle and it just makes me anxious. I'm afraid he's just going to give up again. 

CS/Q: n/a

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Authenticity.
    Which do you dislike the most? Intolerance.

^ETA - My answers are for personality traits I value/dislike in general, not specifically for myself. 
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 sorry about the YI but that's great you found your mabis!
    @pebbledam I'm sorry about how you're feeling.  I hope you start feeling better and that you and you DH can come up with a game plan.

Month/Cycle: 14/13  (3/3, 2/2 AL)

CD/DPO:  26/11

Timing: It was decent

Testing: Tomorrow

R/R: I was going to test today but I really had to pee this morning.  So when I got up I just forgot about it until halfway thru and I just said F* it.
    **TW**  I had to unfollow someone on FB yesterday.  They posted a pregnancy announcement in the month that would of been my due date.  I was so sad and angry.  *end tw*

CS/Q: nope

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most?  I'm very honest.
    Which do you dislike the most?  Anxiety.  I worry about everything.
  • Options
    @mispanda - So sorry for the FB announcements. *hugs* FX for you tomorrow. 
    @beachbunnyxo123 - Please tell me Samsung or your home owner's insurance is paying for the damage. I once had raw sewage back up into my basment for over an hour and legally the city wasn't responsible for the damage even though the clog was in the city's line. It was a huuuuuge pain. As for MH, he can't finish through intercourse ans, but this cycle he just couldn't finish at all. He psyches himself out because of his insecurities regarding his delayed ejaculation. We've talked about IVI, but I feel like his dignity is going to get in the way. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options

Month/Cycle: 4/4

CD/DPO: 15/2

Timing: -5, -4, -2, -1, +1

Testing: Probably not until AF is missed (expected AF on the 5th)

R/R: I’m struggling to move today. I’m so sore from working out everyday since Saturday including mowing the lawn that did the most damage. I could also use an epic back crack right now.

CS/Q:

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Which do you dislike the most? 

Value – Loyalty. Dislike – Procrastinator (I get nothing done unless it absolutely has to be done, i.e., cleaning)

@kbamomma33 – ugh so sorry about your YI!

@pebbledam – sorry about this cycle being a bust. Hopefully you and YH can figure out a game plan for next cycle.

@mispanda – the urge to pee is always what wakes me up so in order for me to remember to POAS (well in a cup actually) I put everything out the night before right next to the toilet. Sorry that you forgot this morning and FX you remember tomorrow! Also so sorry about the pregnancy announcement on FB. So many hugs!

@beachbunnyxo123 – ouch that’s a lot of damage. I wonder if you can file a claim with Samsung to have them cover some of it since you asked about it being part of the recall but they said no then changed it.

Married: August 2014
    TTC #1: February 2017 - BFP 7/28/17; EDD 4/8/18; DD born 4/7/18
    TTC #2: February 2019
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 1/1 AL

CD/DPO: 23/6

Timing: all the days

Testing: no

R/R: Yesterday my mom and I went to Russ & Daughters, and it was delicious. 

CS/Q: 

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Which do you dislike the most? Ones that I have? Or that I value in other people? I'll do the former

most - sense of humor and perspective even in difficult times
    least - too blunt with my phrasing sometimes which means I accidentally hurt feelings 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 Definitely agree with you about negativity as a personality trait - one of the worst!

@pebbledam Sorry you're feeling down. It's so hard when you aren't sure what's going on with/will be going on with your partner. 

Month/Cycle: 5/5 total, 1 AL

CD/DPO: 24/9

Timing: O

Testing: I should wait til the weekend, but I have a big new pack of internet cheapies just begging to get used up, so we'll see how long I last.

R/R: 
    *TW* Not sure if this is a rave or a rant, but I went to my MC follow up appt yesterday and my doctor gave me a requisition for testing to see if there's an explanation for the back to back MCs. */TW*

CS/Q: 

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Which do you dislike the most? 
    Like: trustworthiness
    Loath: there are a few. I definitely second @pebbledam about intolerance and @kbamomma33 about negativity. Close-mindedness is up there, but I think I'll go with dishonesty. I can't hang with people who lie.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @justkeepswimming8 - Sounds like a good time for a rest day!
    @doxiemoxie212 - What sort of food does Russ & Daughters have?
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    @pebbledam like upscale Jewish food? Like, chocolate babka french toast. They do "boards" and my mom got one since she's been eating a bit of fish lately (she was vegan for almost my entire life as has her sister, but her sister has a bunch of weird health stuff and cannot eat anything with oxalates? which is like everything, so in solidarity she's eating some fish so her sister doesn't waste away), so she got a pumpernickel bagel with lox, red onion, tomato and capers, but it's disassembled which is fun (or maybe what I think is fun is weird?). We got some latkes. I got some blintzes. They had these homemade strawberry shrub sodas that were divine. My mom wants to go back and go to their market to get some lox to bring back to my apt so she can give it to our dog lol. 
  • Options
    @doxiemoxie212 - I'm going to have to Google a bunch of those things later.  :o
    @hedgepig - Peeing on things is a hard habit to break when you have a box of cheapies. Did they draw b/w yesterday? 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    Month/Cycle: 16/14

CD/DPO: 24/12

Timing: 0

Testing: I broke down this morning and took one even though I was 4 days away from a new cycle and I kept telling myself not to do it. Obviously not a BFP. The good news is I am now out of tests and at least they wont be haunting me to use them lol. I only go to the store once a week so I am safe from testing for a few days at least. 

R/R: Tomorrow is my last day of work then a 4 day weekend is here! 

CS/Q: Nope 

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Loyalty  Which do you dislike the most? @pebbledam I totally stole this from you - Intolerance (I hadn't really thought about it but I don't think anything makes me crazier) 

@mispanda I did the same thing! I have however taken a step further and "unfollowed" anyone who is pregnant pretty much. I am super happy for them I just don't want to see it lol. 
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @kbamomma33 Sorry about your YI! I had a UTI once but never a YI and I heard they are a world of suck. 
    @pebbledam I'm sorry you're feeling hopeless this cycle. :/  I hope you and YH can think of a solid plan and that he doesn't give up. 
    @mispanda I'm so sorry about the FB thing. That is rough. I deactivated FB when I was just 2-3 months into TTC and I think I'd not handle it well bc of IF so I'm not sure when and if I'll even go back. 
    @hedgepig I hope you get some answers from your Dr.  <3
    @doxiemoxie212 If you move back to CA, for the love of God, BRING THE BAGELS WITH YOU. I am so sick of these CA bagels aka jokes and affronts to actual bagels. 
    @bswishe4 Sorry about the BFN. 

Month/Cycle: 14/12
    CD/DPO: CD44/ DPO 2 or 3 
    Timing: As a last ditch effort before starting treatment, we did the timing differently this time. MH and I both (but more importantly him) get "drained" after going too many days in a row or even EOD (he has an above normal SA but the volume goes down, you know) and it's possible in the past we have started too early bc I "think" I might surge way earlier than my real O (or my body doesn't react to progesterone as quickly as others'). So this time we purposely abstained for like 10 days, purposely abstained the first day of my positive OPK, and then did ED starting the day AFTER my first positive OPK. I know that sounds dumb, but we wanted to change something up just in case. But I may have had CM this morning (not 100% sure it wasn't leftover from HIO yesterday) and when I put that into FF just now it dotted my CHs. But temps high so just assuming I O'd and will probably HIO tonight just in case. 
    Testing: Not for at least a week and a half. 
    R/R: See above
    CS/Q: 
    GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? Which do you dislike the most? If others I'd say I value honesty the most and dislike the tendency of people to rewrite history in their favor (which is kind of like dishonesty but more nuanced?)
  • Options
    @vflux33 yay welcome to TWW! The rewriting history one is good. I can't stand when people do that. I will try to bring the bagels with me, but I'm not sure how well they'll travel ;)

• Options
    *lurking from WTO with a question*

When should I pop over here from WTO?  Do most wait until FF gives CHs?  I'm about 99% sure that I know my O date... just want to follow the norm.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ladybugsamom I wait until CH, but I wouldn't fault you for popping over earlier. TWW has been really slow so the more the merrier! :) 
  • Options
    ladybugsamomladybugsamom member
    edited May 2017
    @doxiemoxie212   Thanks!!  Don't mind if I do...  It's super slow today, so I've got plenty of time to bump! :smile:

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD/DPO:  14/1

Timing: -4, -3, O (DH got very sick at -2 and -1, so we almost missed our window)

Testing: June 7th

R/R: Today is my Friday! I'm super excited about the long weekend and our trip to Vegas.

CS/Q: My temps are a bit wonky still.... up and down and back up.  Not severely, but enough to make me worry that I might not get CH although I'm 99% sure I O'd yesterday.

GTKY:  What personality trait do you value the most? From others? Loyalty and patience.  I suffer from some mental health issues that make it difficult to deal with me at times. Having friends who are patient with me during those times is such a blessing.
    Which do you dislike the most? Dishonesty.  I hate being lied to.  I would rather be hurt with the truth than comforted with a lie.

@kbamomma33 – Oh no!!  That completely sucks. I hope you start to feel better soon.

@pebbledam – Sometimes a fresh start (cycle) can be good for you mentally.  Stay encouraged… (hugs)

@mispanda – So sorry about FB… I hope you find comfort and feel better soon.

@beachbunnyxo123 – OMG! $30K?? I really hope Samsung or your homeowners insurance takes care of that.  That’s insane!! Good luck.

@justkeepswimming8 – I usually like the soreness that comes from working out (pain with a purpose)!  Maybe a hot shower will help you feel better. 

@doxiemoxie212 – Having a sense of humor and perspective in difficult times is an awesome trait to have.

@hedgepig – LOL I tend to be a bit of a POAS freak, so I don’t think I could wait if I were in your shoes.  I have 1 HPT on reserves and I don’t plan to buy more, so that will force me to wait until D-day.

@bswishe4 – Yay for a long weekend! Any plans?

@vflux33 – Sounds like you might be in good shape.

• Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 that is so frustrating!  Will your home insurance cover any of the damage?

@justkeepswimming8 that's a good idea.  I'll put a test on the sink.  I too also always pee in a cup for everything.

@ladybugsamom I normally just wait for CH because it means less time in TWW which means less time to go BSC.

• Options
    MythrilMythril member
    I'm on my phone, so I'll respond to your guy's stuff when I'm at my computer!

Month/Cycle: 17/13

CD/DPO: ?/6

Timing: -1, 0

Testing: when at is due

R/R: No rants. Just impatiently waiting. 

CS/Q: My temps are climbing. It's weird, they just keep going up.

GTKY: 
    What personality trait do you value the most?  Consideration. When a person considers how they make you feel, or how a thing will affect you. Even good things, like bringing you something They know you love.
    Which do you dislike the most? Not communicating. I hate when someone doesn't just tell me they don't feel like hanging out, and instead ignores me. Or tries to come up with an excuse when I'm poking holes through them. I don't feel like it is acceptable.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Options
    @mispanda LOL! I agree... The TWW is definitely one of my least favorite parts of the journey
  • Options
    @pebbledam@justkeepswimming8 @ladybugsamom @mispanda so thankfully homeowners is covering everything and they are going to be suing Samsung for the damages. The whole process is just a pain and my house is rough right now smells like mildew and down to bare bones. I'm just sick of getting the run around from Samsung and all the stress!!! But I am glad my homeowners is great and taking care of everything!

@pebbledam sewer backup omg that sounds awful. Did homeowners cover the damages? I'm sorry to hear about YH, fx he works towards accepting that it's not his fault and not something he chose for himself and is able to agree to the IVI!! 
  • Options
    @pebbledam No BW yesterday... I wanted to make sure that my insurance will cover it before I do it. I'm a total noob when it comes to doctors/insurance/hospitals, so I don't want to screw up :smile:

@vflux33 Man, I hate west coast bagels too. If I want good bagels I make them myself, so I don't get them very often! FX that your timing works this cycle!

@doxiemoxie212 Wow, that food sounds so delicious! I want!

@beachbunnyxo123 Wow, that sucks the worst. GL with the insurance runaround!

@mispanda Bummer about the FB announcement. I'm sort of anxiously awaiting an announcement from one of my cousins (because I suspect she's KU), so I've been staying away from FB.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @pebbledam I'm so sorry about everything that you are going through with YH. It sounds like YH is really psyching himself out about finishing. I know that is hard on you. Do you think that maybe just taking a month off of TTC would do him any good? Like, you just stop temping and everything for a cycle and he can finish wherever/however? I know it's hard to think about "throwing away" a cycle, but maybe a month off from the stress would encourage him (and you)? Then, you guys could just focus on being together as a couple and having sex for fun. It's clear that he's probably destroying himself mentally over this and it's probably beating you down just as much. Have you thought about a breather cycle before? Not going on bcps or anything like that, but just ntnp for a cycle? Do you think that would help?

@mispanda I don't blame you for unfollowing her on fb to shield yourself emotionally. Good for you for recognizing that that's what you needed to do and then doing it. FWIW, I hate Facebook. Hate. People post so much emotionally charged shit on there- *TW* pregnancy stuff, political stuff, horribly sad news articles, animal and child abuse stuff, etc. *TW* It can be really emotionally assaulting if you aren't ready for it. Especially if you happen to be in a fragile headspace. That's why I just generally stick with Pinterest and TB. I don't even go on IG anymore. 

@beachbunnyxo123 Ugh- I'm glad that your insurance is handling everything. I'd probably still be losing it over the mess though. Sorry friend. 

@justkeepswimming8 Being sore sucks but, look at you getting it with all those workouts! Yeah girl!

@doxiemoxie212 All of that food sounds ah maze zing. I live for bagels and lox with all the cream cheese. Sooo gooood.

@hedgepig Try to hold strong on the pee sticks!  ;) *TW* I'm so sorry for your losses. Hopefully the testing will yield some sort of answer for you. *TW* 

@vflux33 It sounds like you are feeling positive about changes to your timing this cycle. I really hope that it does the trick for you! <3

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @ladybugsamom Have a great time in Vegas!

@hedgepig @doxiemoxie212 I've always wanted to make my own bagels, but haven't ventured yet. My parents are both from NY so it's in my blood to be extremely discerning with bagels. My uncle (who still lives in NY) says it's something in the NY water that makes them so good. Have either of you guys heard that? Is it because the water is softer there than out west? Can we do something to the CA water to make it more bagel-worthy?!

As you can tell, this is very important to me. Also here is the best bagel gif I could find. 

• Options
    @vflux33 YES! They (I think Food Network?) did a "study" where they had the same exact guys make the same bagels with the same ingredients but used local tap water. It's the only difference! No idea if it's softer... I don't think it's softer here, I think it's harder. I get hard water marks really easily on toilets, etc. 
  • Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @doxiemoxie212 OMG I need to see that Food Network study and show my mom! Do you remember what show it was on?
  • Options
    @vflux33 it was at least 4 years ago because it was before I was married.... I'll try to find it....
  • Options
    @beachbunnyxo123 glad your insurance is covering it!  That's stressful about the situation of your house.  Hopefully they pay for someone to get in there and fix everything up soon! 

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @doxiemoxie212 That is interesting, but it's not bagel-related! :'(  I have had plenty of good pizza out here. Hmm. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 you are right, but I think this is still what I was talking about lol, so I got you excited for no reason. I think it still applies tho! Pizza has come a long way in CA, but I don't think pizza is 100% about crust, whereas bagels are definitely 100% bagel. I do think crusts are better here in NY, but the sauce and cheese make pizza delicious, so it's not as big of a deal. 
  • Options
    @vflux33 - I'm so happy to see you in TWW!!! Please please please be a speshul snowflayke and get KU this cycle! 
    @beachbunnyxo123 - It was terrible and our home owner's insurance only covered $5K because that was our policy. We didn't realize that we would be responsible for a clog on the city's water line. (Un)fortunately the contractor we used to re-finish the basement sub-sub-contracted the project and they SUCKED. After they passed the agreed upon timeframe in the contract we refused to pay the rest of the money owed because they did such a shitty job. They threatened to sue us, but didn't show up to court (we were prepared to fight), so the judge dismissed the case. It was a nightmare and I was the only one that had rain boots so I got the honor and privilege of sopping through the sewage trying to save stuff. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    @kbamomma33 - I have definitely thought about taking a break for a cycle. Its hard for me to throw it away, but it might be what's best. I'll let DH make the final call on it. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    Lurking from WTO-- @vflux33 it's definitely true about the water! I grew up in NY and we had the best bagels and when we moved down to NC two years ago we found a bagel place that has water shipped down from NY so that their bagels taste the same!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @pebbledam Thank you--I hope so too!

@shortstack930 Nice! Very jealous. Too bad that would be too much of a hassle in CA  :s