December 2017 Moms
Options

FTM check-in Week of 5/23

How far along are you? 

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves?

Questions?

GTKY: Do you think you're having a boy or girl? Why? (If you already know, can you share?)
Me: 33 DH: 34
Married: Oct 2015
TTC #1: Sept 2016
BFP: 10/19/16 ~ blighted ovum ~ D&C 11/23/16
BFP: 3/24/17   <3  DD1 born 12/2/17
TTC #2: July 2018
BFP: 8/26/18 <3  DD2 born 5/16/19

Re: FTM check-in Week of 5/23

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @whiska thanks for the kind words! Good luck at your scan on Friday :)

• Options

@whiska The book I have on expecting multiples says that moms to twins should eat 1,000 calories more than the normal amount of calories they would eat to maintain their  pre-pregnancy weight. I was shocked it was so high since I knew that moms of singletons only had to eat an extra 300. My guess is even though I feel like I'm eating a lot, I'm still not actually getting in a full 1,000 more calories.

And I completely agree about the fear and anxiety. We've already told our close friends and family and that was fun and exciting, but mostly I've just been worrying and wishing time would move a whole lot faster!

• Options
    @candyapple2012 @txmomma16 Thank you ladies for the reassurance! <3
    @leilagphillips Oh my gosh, your vacation sounds amazing!
    @peachy13 Your nerves are totally understandable. FX Friday gets here quickly so you can see LO!
    @tinkerbellwest That scavenger hunt for the boys sounds so fun!
    @squeen1991 Yay for your first U/S!
    @brittabatwhite So glad you had a good U/S and your SCH has cleared up.
    @abcola I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that, but so glad you got some reassurance!
    @whiska I totally feel you on the constant anxiety. Before we started trying, I figured you got pregnant and you were constantly happy minus irritating symptoms. The anxiety is so real.
    @CandyApple2012 I'm sorry you have to deal with that procedure. I'm sure it will go off without a hitch, but no food or water for that long is rough!
    @txmomma16 It is frustrating. Especially when you think about how if men were the ones who got pregnant the US would probably have amazing paternity leave too...
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    @blueskies17 @MJDsquared @txmomma16 thanks!

@CandyApple2012 omg mashed potatoes!!! That sounds heavenly! 

• Options

CandyApple2012 Thanks for the bug spray tip. I just went and checked Bermuda's national website and, thankfully, there has been no known local transmission of Zika. Still, better safe than sorry! Also, I'm now craving your craving! I love mashed potatoes soooo much!!!

peachy13 Same thing with your craving, that sandwich sounds amazing!!!

• Options
    @ktcakes87 ha DH and I only had sex on one day during my last fertile window too- because I had the flu! And I have a feeling that I didn't ovulate until a couple of days later. This makes me even more confused about the sex of this baby lol.
  • Options
    @blueskies17 How weird! I was doing BBT and OPK, there is almost no way I ovulated before CD12, so at most that sperm had to hang on for 5 days! Someone told me about the girl sperm fun fact and it has just stuck in my head! It'll be interesting to find out what you and I are having!
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @breezybee Good luck with your ultrasound tomorrow! I've confirmed mine are di/di which I figured because we transferred 2 embryos. 
    @MJDsquared Please trust us, you do not want the nausea. It's awful. I'm up  to 3 Diclegis per day as of today. 
    @leilagphillips A cruise would be lovely. We're trying to decide where to go for our baby moon. 
    @peachy13 That sandwich sounds amazing. Pesto is soooo good.
    @tinkerbellwest A scavenger hunt is such a great idea! I can't wait to hear how it goes and what your clues will be. I love stuff like that! I don't even want to think of my boobs growing. My bras are already uncomfortable and I'm an H so I'm just hoping I can find something that will fit. 
    @squeen119 Good luck with your first ultrasound tomorrow! 
    @brittabatwhite My MS is worse during the day and so much better at night. 
    @abcola I can't imagine how scary that would have been, but I'm glad that all is well now. FX it stays that way. 
    @CandyApple2012 No food until 2:30??? I thought I was going to die fasting for my blood tests this morning, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I can't imagine 2:30pm though. 

How far along are you? 
    10+3

Any appointments this week/last? How did it go?
    I had another ultrasound today and saw the babies moving and their heartbeats again. They are measuring right around 10 weeks, but he says my due date is 12/18 rather than 12/15. 

Cravings?

Today, sushi and Famous Dave's bread pudding or a Cinnabon. Unfortunately, I had none of those today LOL. 

Rants/Raves?
    MS go away! 

Questions?
    None at the moment. 

GTKY: Do you think you're having a boy or girl? Why? (If you already know, can you share?) 
    I have no clue, but we'd love one of each. 
  • Options
    @clovelyone our twins are di/di as well, so I was relieved that they're lower risk. And I'd never even heard of a babymoon until this past week! My parents planned this trip months ago, so the timing just worked out perfectly. We're also fairly sure these babies were conceived in Paris, so it's been a good travel year for us. :smile: I hope you find somewhere wonderful to to visit!
  • Options
    @leilagphillips That's great news and how cute that they were conceived in such a romantic city  <3
  • Options
    @clovelyone Yes for di/di!  Hopefully you and @leilagphillips have a smooth and uneventful...6+ months. God that's soon!
  • Options
    @breezybee Thanks! Good luck with your appointment today! 
  • Options
    @CandyApple2012 thanks! I'm only a little bit worried about telling my AP because he isn't very approachable and I've had to fight so hard for my program this year... I'm hoping that I can get a say in my lts because I don't want my kids to go however long without actual music... I know it sounds silly but I am super worried that all the work I've done this year will be dashed to smithereens because they won't care to hire a music person...