March 2017 Moms

Fit Mama check-in: May 22

Hello busy fit mamas! I didn't see a check-in and I have a moment to indulge in TB for a few minutes so I figured I'd post one up. We are all so busy momming but I get SOOO much motivation from reading everyone's weekly plans and how you all are doing! :)

1: How many weeks postpartum?

2: What are your goals for the week ahead
?

3: How was last week?

4: share a Non-scale victory
?

5: How are/have you treated your self this week?

6: 
Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms?

7: GTKY: If you could go anywhere in the world for free and do anything fitness related, regardless of your fitness level, what would it be? Climb Mt Everest? Hike the Nordic Fjords? 

8: Challenge Update! Jump in wherever you are!

Re: Fit Mama check-in: May 22

• 1: How many weeks postpartum? 7.5 weeks

? 3 road runs, working up to 4 miles even if I have to walk a little. Got 3.5mi in today! And it's not technically until Monday but I plan to drop in at crossfit for the "Murph" WOD on Memorial Day. It's a doozie but I'll just break it up and go slow, and scale if I need to. I definitely can't do the pull-ups Rx this year. 

3: How was last week? Getting there. I ran 2x, 3mi and 3.25mi, and did one strength workout at home. I have to admit - I was super sore after that first strength circuit! 

? Finally went for a walk with Oscar in the Baby Bjorn! And I've wrapped him in the Solly and he didn't hate it. He just has a hard time relaxing in it. I will keep trying. 

? Hmmmm really want to get a pedi and make a hair appt but so far haven't. 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? RANT: I have to come off my leave and go into work for the day Wednesday! I'm hating the very thought of it. MIL will watch Oscar but I'm not ready to leave him for a whole day! I have to say I volunteered to go in for this one day, no one is forcing me to, but I'm dreading it. I already started having nightmares! I just need to do one thing but I don't want to get caught up in all the drama. There have been major org changes since I left and I really don't care to know yet. Not til July when I go back for real. 

7: GTKY: If you could go anywhere in the world for free and do anything fitness related, regardless of your fitness level, what would it be? Climb Mt Everest? Hike the Nordic Fjords?
    My lifetime bucket list includes running the original Marathon route, the Athens Marathon. I'd also like to do a long trek on horseback somewhere like Montana and camp along the way. I did something similar through the Sahara Desert a few years ago in Morocco on an inspiration trip for work but it was on Camels and it was amazing but smelly.  

8: Challenge Update! Jump in wherever you are!
    I've done one day so far I just have to remember to do it!
  • npaulienpaulie member
    1: How many weeks postpartum? 10 weeks. Btw, how has this much time already passed?!

? I'd like to work out 4 days this next week. 

3: How was last week? This past week was GREAT! I had Pilates plus one home workout and 3 days in the gym. Way more than I originally planned. 

? I'd say probably just being able to be as active as I was this last week 

? Got a mani pedi last week while DH watched DS. It was glorious!!

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Ever since DS had his vaccines on Monday, his sleep patterns have gone down the drain. It's making me really frustrated because he WAS sleeping 8 hours. Now he up every 1.5 hours. It's giving me some pretty serious sleep deprivation. Hoping it resolves itself soon. 

7: GTKY: If you could go anywhere in the world for free and do anything fitness related, regardless of your fitness level, what would it be? Climb Mt Everest? Hike the Nordic Fjords? I'd really love to do a yoga retreat vacation. They do them on the west part of Ireland overlooking the countryside. What better place to do yoga and meditation?!

8: Challenge Update! Jump in wherever you are! Need to start this week!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • kjd291kjd291 member
    1: How many weeks postpartum? 11wks!

? Monday is done! 30min boot camp workout.
    Tues-PM run kid free
    Wed-living room workout
    Thur-PM kid free run
    Friday-living room workout  
    weekend - family walks/bike rides

3: How was last week? Things are still good here-not great-I miss when I could get in a major groove with fitness and be all hard core-but I'm trying to keep my kids and house the priority while im just keeping my head above water. 

? Like I'd said before-my biggest victory is still just not getting on the scale at all! 

? I shaved my legs and plucked my eyebrows. That counts, right? Hahah. Isn't it fun how such little things feel like a treat now as a mom? ;) 

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? I'm feeling SO much better this week with my vertigo! So hopefully these doctors are right and it'll all just go away slowly but surely. 

Good question!! Hmm... I'll take hiking "Te Araroa" trail -basically hiking New Zealand from one side to the other! 4mo backpacking! 
  • @kjd291 So glad you are feeling better with the vertigo...hoping it'll just keep getting better from here!
  • 1: How many weeks postpartum? 9 weeks & 5 days

2: What are your goals for the week ahead? To continue with 5 Garage CrossFit workouts plus some additional workouts as I can fit them in. I would like to add some additional cardio & strength training sessions as I'm able to! Ideally:

MON: Strength / CrossFit (DONE!)

TUES: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

WED: CrossFit / Cardio

THURS: Strength / CrossFit

FRI: Strength / CrossFit / Cardio

3: How was last week? It was solid! Got in my 5 Garage CrossFit WoDs, along with some additional Strength & double WoDs. Food was ok, need to continue to improve there.

4: share a Non-scale victory?  We survived our first of 5 weeks without my Mom here and it was AWESOME!! Hubby and I totally figured out how to still get our workouts in and we've really been enjoying this extra family time we really weren't getting before. He's so wonderful with Evie!!

5: How are/have you treated your self this week?? Got my eyelashes filled today ;)

6: Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms

7: GTKY: If you could go anywhere in the world for free and do anything fitness related, regardless of your fitness level, what would it be? Climb Mt Everest? Hike the Nordic Fjords? The first thing that comes to mind is the Western States 100mi Endurance Run. It starts in the snowy mountains of Lake Tahoe and ends on a hot high school track in small town Auburn, California. I've crewed for a friend twice who did that run and back in 2010 I qualified to be able to register for the lottery for it, but I didn't win a lottery spot. It's something I've always wanted to do but I've lost my lost distance legs so don't know if that will ever happen other than in a dream!!

• Aw congrats @serenity13 !!!! What an amazing thing to share with your baby boy, LOVE that photo!!!! And way to go on that 5k!!!!!!
  • npaulienpaulie member
    @serenity13 congratulations!!! You guys look so cute!! Must be so nice to be done. Hope you guys are all killing it today!

had to share a little victory of mine.... I just got one of prepregnancy pairs of jeans on today!! I mean, they are tight, but still loose enough I can get away with wearing  them. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Way to go @npaulie !!!!! :) 
  • @kjd291 I am SO glad to hear the vertigo is improving! Hope that trend continues for you!

@serenity13 Congratulations on your graduation! That picture is so amazing - you worked so hard through your pregnancy. Also congrats on a great job on the 5K! Woohoo! 

@triwellnessgirl you are crushing it mama! Loving your garage WODs on instagram - can't belive you are doing double WODs most days. Sounds like Evie is so good while you work out! 

@npaulie - ahh victory of the pre-pregnancy jeans!! Yesss!! I am so close with mine. I can zip them, but then can't sit down haha... so yeah not gonna work quite yet. ;)

So guys yesterday I had to go into work for the day. It wasn't that bad but I missed Oscar sooo much. I actually cried on the way home because I got stuck in traffic and wanted to see him so badly. My boss was really great thanking me above and beyond for coming in for that one day since the thing I had to do (create the 2019 color palette for the company) there was no one else that could stand in for me. It made me really appreciate the time I have left on maternity leave. It's going to be soooooo hard going back for good. At least I'll only go into the office 3 days to start and work from home the other 2 days so I can pick Oscar up as early as I can from daycare those days to get more time with him. 

Also I have been trying and trying to get Oscar to like the Solly wrap and he finally loves it! That's my victory!! 
    Going to crossfit tonight.... gonna be interesting..
  • edited May 2017
    @jenny0228 Aw Jenny!!!! It's def gonna be so hard!!! My boss gave me an addl 3 weeks so I'm not back until 6/26 but I'm dreading it!!!!! I only work 3mi from home and only work 4 days or 32 hours, and Evie will be home with my Mom & yet, I'm still dreading it!! I looooooooooove being home with her. It's so amazing how these little ones have become such a part of us!! When is your return date? <3 Good luck with CrossFit tonight!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!! And thank you for the sweet words; I feel very blessed to have the garage gym now and a baby who enjoys it too, LOL!!!!
  • vino831vino831 member
    Hey there ladies! I feel like I've been a terrible for mama friend! :( 

We're once again taking the drive down to NC to see my FIL. He started Chemo yesterday. We are all still just.. idk... in shock. That combined with starting school.on Monday. 2 yr molars and just in a generally rough patch with DH. I feel drained. Emilynn is oretty mich the only eszy goimg this these days <3

@kjd291 I am sooo glad to hear the vertigo is improving! Also LOVE your fitness event idea! New Zeland sounds amazing!

@serenity13 sweet baby boy, graduation, and a lick butt 5k! You rock star mama you! Sooooo happy for You! Hope you really were able to celebrate your accomplishment! I just started my last class in my first Masters on Monday. Im.already counting down the days until it's over!

@npaulie - woohoo for pre-pregnancy jeans!!!

@jenny0228 I'm sorry you had a rough day being away. It's nice to hear that your boss was so respectful and appreciate of your time though!

Hey can you tell me what's special about the Sollys? I've seen a few beautiful ones, and there seems to be a cult following I just don't quite understand what makes them diff?

1: How many weeks postpartum? 9 wks!

? Tbh.. I has to think fly hard about what day today is... I need to get back in the routine of checking in earlier in the week!

I officially start stroller strides full time on Tuesday. Thursday we have a tour for a 2yo program for smalls (HOW is my baby boy getting so old!??!) So my goal is Tues/Wed/Fri - SS

3: How was last week? Physical activity level was eh tbh. But I've really cleaned out the last bit of junk in our diet

? MNO last night. Emilynn came with but it was a bit of a break to not have my wild man for a bit. :)

6: 
    Questions, Concerns, Rants, Raves, Randoms? Beyond excited anxious for this program I'm going to start. I don't know a single person that has done it and does not call it life changing. While the physical improvement are the Focus the bonds/friendships that I've seen develop are really what I'm looking fwd to. Next Wed is the weigh in and before photos! Then June 4 start 0530 am bootcamps!! I am.DREADING the before photos. While I might have less than 10lbs to get back to THIS pre pregnancy weight.... I've gota bit more to get back to my normal range. BUT Im super confident in myself and excited for this jumpstart!

Pre kids my cousin hiked the entire Appalachian trail at a good clip. I REALLY wish I would have done that. Something like that is a life changing experience. Well perhaps I'll just start a "when the kids are in college" bucket list! 
  • @vino831 so great to see you here! I'm so sorry that you are going through such a rough time. It must be so hard to be so far from your FIL while he is undergoing chemo. There are just no words for what cancer does to a family. Big hugs to you- your FIL is so lucky to have you guys - you are taking such great care of him and traveling to be with him during this time. 

Best of luck on your program you are starting - sounds intense but amazing! 

As for the Solly, idk what the difference really is because the only other fabric wrap I've tried is the K'tan. I wasn't a big fan of it, but the Solly is SO SOFT and has just the right amount of stretch. 

@triwellnessgirl thanks for the encouragement! I will return the week of July 10th. Not sure which day yet, but thinking to do a half week to start.

Crossfit was pretty good last night! I ended up going to open gym instead of a structured class to just do all the movements and make sure my form was good and I felt good. I did a mini circuit of most of the moves, I was even able to get some toes to bar, and even with my incision and I felt totally fine! I finally realized today that even though it will be a process to continue to ramp up, working out while I was pregnant really did make a difference. Couldn't have made it through without all you ladies though!!  :*
  • npaulienpaulie member
    Hope you ladies are all having an awesome weekend. @jenny0228 I kind of felt your pain this weekend. I went to a baby shower for a friend and it was 40 min away so a friend and I split a taxi. She also has a 6 week old son. We went to get a taxi and there were NO Uber's or taxis available bc it was raining so bad. We both got stuck there and had to wait till the whole shower was over to catch a lift with someone going back the same way we were (we had only planned on staying 1.5 hours while our hubbys watched our LOs). Eventually, 4 hours from the time I left I got home. I felt so panicked and just wanted to get home to DS and DH. It was a weird feeling I'd never experienced before. 

As for workouts. I've been able to make it to the gym 4x this week plus a jog and 3 hour walk. It feels so great to be so active again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Great job to all of you ladies, you each inspire me so much each week! I feel so bad I haven't been on here at all lately & am just finally checking back in!
    Thanks for the congrats guys, it definitely is such a relief to be all done!!

@vino831 good luck with your class, you're so close to being done that's so awesome!! I'm so sorry about the rough patch you've had with your DH and about your FIL...will be keeping him & your family in my prayers. Can only imagine how hard it must be juggling everything you're doing. Hugs!! That program you'll be starting sounds amazing, can't wait to hear how it goes!

@kjd291 so happy to hear your vertigo has improved! How was the rest of the week, is it still getting better? I also love your New Zealand backpacking trip plan!

@jenny0228 so sorry you had to go in to work on Wednesday & had to deal with traffic too. At the same time it's nice to feel appreciated & needed at work- hopefully the transition back will go well & you might be able to maintain the 2 days/week (or more) working from home schedule permanently. So glad you're feeling great with being active again, great job on the runs and going to Crossfit! I agree 100% that working out throughout pregnancy helped significantly!

@npaulie woohoo pre pregnancy jeans! That's awesome! Amazing job on the workouts this week too!! I'm sorry you got stuck away from your LO during the shower - that panicky feeling is so awful, I've been there too at times. Actually I think that's why I did my best 5k time last weekend bc I was telling myself in my head that the faster I go the sooner I can be home to see my baby lol

@triwellnessgirl that's so great you're able to extend your maternity leave!! That's actually the same day I'll be going back to work, LO will be 11 weeks...I'm already dreading it! Love that Evie gets to spend time with you as you work out & is enjoying the garage gym too! She's got a strong momma setting an amazing example for her on so many levels! 

So ladies, my sister had her baby girl on Friday so I'm officially an aunt!! I was so scared this whole week leading up to her induction bc of all the potential complications due to my sister's heart condition, but prayers were answered and all went (mostly) well! Her bp dropped significantly right after delivery and her placenta didn't come out...it somehow shredded inside her so the dr had to reach up beyond her elbow to get all the pieces...and she had a 2nd degree tear...but she did it & I'm so proud of her! Especially with how long & hard the process was for them going through IVF for a year before they got one good embryo, I'm just so happy for them and know little miss Penny Rose is going to be so so loved! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • vino831vino831 member
    Thank you for your encouragement and prayers ladies. I'm trying to be the pillar of strength for my family since I'm slightly removed but it's hard. We're wrapping up our visit with them now headed back home. It was so hard to see him drained and drugged. Thankfully I think he's still in a positive mental state. I had a huge win though while we were down there. He has no appetite and is not eating and as you could imagine he needs his strength - drs said he has zero food restrictions he can and should eat anything he's able to. So yesterday I whipped up what I tired to make be the highest caloric protein shake ever - Protien, Full fat yogurt, a whole frozen banana, huge scoop of peanutbutter, almond milk and some cocoa -- and he drank it all!!!!! I went right out and bought all the ingredients for more! :)

@serenity13 congratulations again on your niece!! I'm SO sorry she had to go through a manual extraction. I had the same thing happen with my first and it was not fun.

Do I remember correctly that your sister is the one that lives in Maryland too?
  • serenity13serenity13 member
    edited May 2017
    @vino831 yes, same county I think! I sent her the link you shared on the fb group, hopefully she'll take advantage of the stroller strides in the future! Maybe when I go down with LO to visit we'll check it out too if the timing works out!
    That protein shake sounds delicioussss! I bought a blender last year & have yet to take it out of the box lol I want to start making shakes like that! I hope your trip back home went well, you truly are a pillar of strength!! I hope you get some time for yourself to recharge! <3
    Pregnancy Ticker