December 2017 Moms
Options

Plus Size Pregnancy/Mama Check-In 5/22

We haven't had one of these in awhile so I thought I would start a new one!

How far along? How big is baby? 

Rants/Raves? 

Upcoming appointments?

Questions or concerns?

Any questions for second time plus moms?

Me 29 I Him 26
Married 4/22/16
TTC 9/2015
**TW**
BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
TTCAL 6/15/16
BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
BabyFetus Ticker
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: Plus Size Pregnancy/Mama Check-In 5/22

• Options
    edited May 2017
    How far along? How big is baby? 12w3d Plum

Rants/Raves? I cannot seem to stop eating, and eating terrible food at that. I was doing SO WELL on Weight Watchers before I got my BFP. I had lost 50+ between September and March. I kept saying I was going to continue with WW (dr said it was ok), but I can't even pretend to say that I have tracked at all. Where has all my self control gone?!

Upcoming appointments? Next heartbeat check on 6/16

Questions or concerns? My one boob is looking strange and I forgot to ask about it at my appt. It looks somewhat bruised sometimes, other times it's just red. It's just on one part and the skin seems thicker? Google convinced me it was a very rare form of breast cancer, so I need to stay off Google. I did call the doctors office about it and they said it sounded normal, but I completely forgot to ask at my last appt.

Any questions for second time plus moms? When did you first feel your baby move in other pregnancies? Does being bigger have anything to do with when I will feel the baby moving?

eta: fix typo
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    dkizz82dkizz82 member
    @ktcakes87 me too! I lost 42lbs and was feeling
    greah! Dr told me to stay on but I thought it was a waste of money. Then this terrible MS set in and I eat to make it go away.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ktcakes87 you will be happy to know that being bigger does not hinder you being able to feel your baby move. As far as other people being able to feel baby move, I can only speak from my own experience. I am 5'7" and 240 lbs. I carry my weight all over, rather than in just certain places on my body. Other people could feel baby kick with no problems.
    You will feel baby move a lot earlier than other people will. It will start with internal kicks and nudges. Around 14-15 weeks or so if I remember correctly. Maybe even earlier or a little later, as all pregnancies are different. But it usually takes about another month or so before other people will feel it on the outside, as baby grows and gains strength.
  • Options
    @dkizz82 I am lucky and don't have MS, but I just love food so much and cannot control myself lately!

@eazybreezy225 thanks! I CANNOT WAIT to feel the baby move. I remember being a little kid looking forward to the day I would be pregnant and feel a baby moving! That's probably weird, but whatever  :D
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @ktcakes87 I was 16 weeks when I first felt DS. 
  • Options
    How far along? How big is baby? 10 wks 1 day with twins strawberries.

Rants/Raves? LAST PIO shot was yesterday!

Upcoming appointments? First OB appt was today. All is well, measuring on track.

Questions or concerns? I've got some numbness along my left hip, hoping that goes away as its annoying.

Any questions for second time plus moms? To do or not to do the genetic testing? I'm torn. On one hand we could better prepare if something did show up,  on the other hand I feel like knowing would steal some of my joy away from finally being pregnant.

I've also lost weight, I'm measuring ten pounds lower than when I began the infertility treatments in September. I'm calling that a win.
  • Options
    I'm so excited to feel baby! It's seriously the best. One thing I'll add to what @eazybreezy225 said, I carry most of my weight in my mid-section and I had no problem seeing my baby move either. Obviously it's not til you're much further along, but I was afraid that's something I wouldn't get to experience because of my weight. Didn't matter though! I used to just sit back on the couch and just watch my belly move. It was so neat. I could poke my belly too and DD would totally poke back!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ktcakes87 I didn't start feeling DS until I was probably 20 weeks maybe? He was ALWAYS a "quiet" baby though. I think "normal" is around 16-18 weeks or so. Feeling your baby move relies on a number of things, but just know you WILL feel the little bean eventually no matter your size.

@stella_700 My doc offers genetic testing to all of her patients. We declined the Panorama with DS but the NT scan is "standard" with her care so we had that. If there were any red flags on the NT scan we would have had further testing done but elected to skip the genetic testing due to the reason that you mentioned. 

How far along? How big is baby? 
    9w5d

Rants/Raves? I was just telling DH that I haven't had much of an appetite and that losing a few pounds during the 1st tri wouldn't be the worst thing. I AM eating enough, so I am not worried about it nor am I going out of my way to do so. I am down 2 pounds. Just happy to have no 1st tri gain so far since I really only need to gain 10-15.

Upcoming appointments? Ultrasound Friday to check on the SCH.

Questions or concerns? None this week

Any questions for second time plus moms? For those that have already had two, did you begin to "show" earlier than the last time like normies or should I expect to start having a true pregnancy belly at about the same time as before? (I know I know, everyone is different, just wanting to gauge others)

Me: 29  DH: 31
    Married 10/13/12
    TTC Since 8/2016

• Options
    I am going to be a FTM, EDD 12/25. I am 5'10", was around 285-290 before BFP, awful MS and food aversion in general has me down about 20 pounds. 

How far along / how big is baby? 
    9w / cherry

Rants / Raves: This sickness is crazy. I cannot even keep down water consistently. I haven't been able to eat solids pretty much at all for the last month. I just keep telling myself only a few more weeks to go. Ugh. On the bright side, it made my coping with the reduction in coffee much easier!

Upcoming Appointments: 6/16 (not sure what exactly it's for I guess just a monthly thing?)

Questions / concerns: I am sneezing a lot, violently, and it HURTS. I feel like my uterus is slamming against the front of my body. The google machine tells me it is round ligament pain so I'm trying not to worry about little cherry. 

Questions for 2nd time plus moms: 

Did any of you have preexisting back pain, and if so, how much did pregnancy impact your pain, especially while sleeping? I have back / hip pain,  which is making sleeping on my sides a challenge already. I'm open to any and all tips!

Me 30 | DH 40
    Married April 2013
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP 4/27/2017  - EDD 12/25/2017 - DD born 12/15/2017
    TTC #2 since March 2019
    BFP 7/29/2019 - EDD 4/2/2020

• Options
    vvitchhazelvvitchhazel member
    edited May 2017
    @kln62689 The back pain is no joke. I had it pre-pregnancy and throughout my first pregnancy, it just got worse and worse. It didn't start until well into my second tri though. This time, it already hurts and I'm only 11+6. My best suggestion is making sure you're as comfortable as possible when you sleep. We actually bought two new mattresses when I was pregnant with DD (she's only 16 months old) and we plan on buying another one within the next month or so. Also, make sure your pillow is comfortable too... That can cause back pain as well. And invest in a pregnancy body pillow. It'll help keep everything aligned when you're sleeping on your side as your belly grows. Or at least make sure you've got a pillow between your knees. A belly band might help too as you get bigger, though I never tried that personally. And try to squeeze as many back rubs out of your husband (or partner) as often as possible! 

Edited because words are hard.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along? How big is baby? 12 weeks, plum

Rants/Raves? I can't stand when the doctor doesn't take time to sit and address my questions and concerns! I'm almost thinking about trying another OB

Upcoming appointments? I had my second OB appointment today and it didn't go anything like I had thought! The ultrasound tech at my first appointment told me I'd be having another next time because they would want to measure baby again because they weren't sure on due date  im not sure if she meant she thought the doctor would order one but I was under the impression they had. I showed up today and the receptionist told me to go pee in a cup and I was like what?? I've been holding my pee for an hour for this ultrasound and she told me I didn't have one scheduled there wasnt even a tech there right now. To say I was disappointed was an understatement. The doctor came in and attempted to use the Doppler and couldn't find the heartbeat and gave up after two mins. He told me everything should be fine and that I'll come back in two weeks and we'll try again and if we can't hear it we'll do an ultrasound then. I wanted to start bawling right there in the office. I was the last appointment of the day and I think he just wanted to be done. I'm feeling like complete shit tonight and just reading online about all the similar experiences and praying baby is just fine! 

Questions or concerns? Did your weight/size effect the quaility of your ultrasounds or ability to use the fetal Doppler? If so how did you deal with that?

Any questions for second time plus moms? Any mom's out there with a tilted uterus and plus size? I feel like finding baby is not going to be easy for me until so much further along!
  • Options
    @kersey0208 I tagged you on another plus size thread from 5 pages back. We talked about our experiences getting ultrasounds while being heavy in the mid-section. I never had any issues, but I thought I'd let you see what everyone said! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @kersey0208 I'm so sorry you had a rough appt. I would honestly look for another OB if you have that option. With DS,  I switched 2 times before I was happy with the one I'm with. OB's and RE's are not one size fits all but your Dr should be taking time to ease fears and answer questions. Remember, our babies are still teeny so finding doppler heartbeats can take some time.  Mine took 10 min the other day (has nothing to do with being overweight) but my DR took that time to find it and ease this Mamas fears. I really am sorry yours didn't. Maybe an at home doppler is right for you, just in case you don't switch.
  • Options
    How far along? How big is baby?  12wk, 1 day, plum

Rants/Raves? Feeling good.  Would like to be less tired but I'm glad the bulk of the nausea has moved on.

Upcoming appointments? I had one on Monday and it was great.  Another month before I go again.

Questions or concerns? Just trying to keep the faith.   And learning all the gadgets that have emerged since my daughter was born.  We couldn't afford a video monitor for her so I'm super excited that they are much cheaper now!

Any questions for second time plus moms?  Having been pregnant four times, I can say my belly definitely popped out quicker this time.  This is only my second time getting to 12 weeks though so it will be interesting how quickly I continue to grow.  :)

• Options
    How far along? How big is baby?  11+1

Rants/Raves? Friday is my last PIO shot and I can't wait for my hips to stop hurting

Upcoming appointments? 6/5 for OB and 6/7 for NT

Questions or concerns? I'm worried I'm never going to sleep through the night again.  I wake up each night at 1, 4 and 5.  I finally get out of bed at 530 each day.  I just want to sleep! 

****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Options
    @kersey0208 I am sorry that your appointment went that way.  I think it may be a good idea to call and request another appointment- two weeks is a long time to be worried and stressed!  Whenever my doctor can't find the heartbeat with the doppler, she ALWAYS uses the ultra sound to make sure baby is in there and okay.  (They have one on a little cart at the office and they grab it if needed.) It happened a lot with my last pregnancy in the early days.  She always tries with the doppler first though. I think that having the right doctor can make such a difference in your peace of mind through this process.  I know some people have to try a couple before they find a good fit.

How far along? How big is baby? 9 Weeks- Raspberry (? I think?)

Rants/Raves? I am feeling really good this week!  Some of my energy is coming back and I am not feeling nauseous!  YAY!

Upcoming appointments? Just had my first appointment on Monday and the NT scan is scheduled for June 19. 

Questions or concerns? I just got a call from my OB office.  They looked at my "Nutrition Questionnaire" (my OB office has you fill one out at your first appointment.  It just asks about what you typically eat) and thought I could benefit from a consult with the nutritionist.  I am teaching right now (sort of lol) so I can't call back right away, but I am wondering why I was selected for this... I thought I ate pretty well!  Anyone else have experience with this? 

Any questions for second time plus moms? Not today. :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @kaylawing  what kind of questions did they ask you on this nutrition questionnaire? who knows, maybe it's related to a concern about certain vitamins and minerals, calcium etc. 

Met: September 2005  Married: October 2008   DS: 09/2014
           Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
           Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @anewadventure I'll call today afters school.  I just instantly go into worried mom mode, when it's usually unnecessary.  

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker