December 2017 Moms

Strep Throat

My daughter just got diagnosed with strep throat.  I'm totally freaked out about getting it.  Has anyone had strep while pregnant?  Doctor google seems to think it isn't a big deal but after 2 miscarriages, everything freaks me out.

Re: Strep Throat

• NME44NME44 member
    While strep throat won't be fun while pregnant, it won't harm the fetus. The worst thing will be dealing with the symptoms with limited options.
  • Both of my girls just got over strep throat. Knock on wood I didn't catch it - I did tell my OB and she said if I felt sick get a culture and there are plenty of antibiotics that are safe while you're pregnant.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I didn't have strep but I'm just getting over bronchitis. My doctor gave me antibiotic( amoxicillin) and  helped me find a few OTC meds that are safe and said it was just fine. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
  • Thanks everyone.  I had an appointment this afternoon and mentioned it to my doctor.  Feeling much less worried now.  :)

• I got diagnosed with strep the day I found out i was pregnant. I was miserable. But I'm 11+ weeks now and baby seems find. I was just told to make sure you take abx because a high fever or letting the infection take over is not good for the baby 
  • I don't have it but my husband does! He had to go to urgent care and they didn't have any more test kits because there's so many people who have it they ended up running out. He got a shot in the ass cheek. I really hope I don't get it, I've been avoiding physical contact with him.
  • I've managed to avoid getting it from my DD.  I haven't kissed her in days and I'm washing my hands like 30 times a day.  She's been on meds for 3 days now so I hope we're out of the woods!