August 2017 Moms
Options

Saturday Ticker Change 5/20

1. How far along are you? 

2. How big is baby? 

3. Upcoming appointments this week?

4. Any new symptoms or changes?

5. Rants/Raves/Questions?

6. GTKY: if you could live vicariously through your kid, what would they do? (Activities, jobs, etc)

Re: Saturday Ticker Change 5/20

• Options

1. How far along are you? 26 weeks 

2. How big is baby? Butternut squash 

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Tuesday :) 

4. Any new symptoms or changes? I'm starting to feel this LO do flips or turns in there. It's an odd sensation. 

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I injured my toe somehow in the last few weeks. It's making it hard to exercise without pain. 

6. GTKY: if you could live vicariously through your kid, what would they do? (Activities, jobs, etc). I would have them not go to grad school and get a normal 9-5 job. DH and I both have our doctorates and often bring work home to do at night and work on weekends. We both love our careers but hate working so much. I want our children to have better work/life balance. 

The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options

1. How far along are you? 27 weeks!

2. How big is baby? Lettuce

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Friday I have the glucose test.

4. Any new symptoms or changes? I have felt so run down this past week  not sure if it's the pregnancy or something else...

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? DH has a graduation in Texas when I will be 32 weeks exactly. Obviously I'll be asking the doc if I can go and I'll have 3 appointments between then and now but what are the chances of the doc saying I can't go? It's either a 4 hr flight or a 16 hr drive. Everything g pregnancy related has been perfect at appointments so far, I just want to know a little of what to expect when I ask at my appointment this week...

6. GTKY: if you could live vicariously through your kid, what would they do? (Activities, jobs, etc). I would have them do more sports in high school. Neither DH or I did any so it definitely seems like we might have missed a bit. Granted we were involved in other organizations but we're both athletic enough and didn't even try. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @BlackNYellow have you been able to watch your stomach move as LO is flipping around? Definitely the weirdest thing to see is your belly moving around. It is so cool at the same time!
  • Options

@mrsashworth522 If your pregnancy has been uncomplicated thus far I don't see why you wouldn't get the all clear to go. I definitely think your Dr will prefer you to fly for 4 than drive for 16!

1. How far along are you? 

27+1

2. How big is baby? 

Lettuce

3. Upcoming appointments this week?

Had 1 this week and my Glucola test on Friday. Fingers crossed all is well

Finding it harder to breathe after I eat.

Rant: sleep, still. Ugh. I'm tired of waking up tired. Especially when I will have a newborn in 3 short months. 

6. GTKY: if you could live vicariously through your kid, what would they do? (Activities, jobs, etc)

Play more sports in HS. I went to an academically focused program where there was an extra class period a day and little focus on extracurriculars. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsashworth522 no I haven't been able to see anything yet. My placenta is anterior though and I'm starting to feel a lot more movement above and below it so hopefully I'll see some flips and turns soon! 

@WineAndDogs I'm having some difficulty breathing after meals too. My appetite is crazy high but I've decided to keep my meals on the smaller side and eat more frequently to combat how terrible I feel after meals (dinner especially). 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• Options
    @mrsashworth522 traveling at 32 weeks shouldn't be an issue as long as there haven't been lots of concerns with the pregnancy. I traveled (flew) up to 34 weeks when pregnant with DD. I believe the general rule of thumb is once you hit 36 weeks, stay in your local area. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @bumpybump thanks! That's kind of what I thought but of course family likes to think they know better than the doctors. 
  • Options

@mrsashworth522  I would also clear it with your insurance provider.  Most providers have a cut off date of providing coverage for you if you travel a certain distance from you home.  Most of the time it is the last month but for some it is the last 2 months.  This would be completely unrelated to if your doctor thinks it is safe to travel or not.

1. How far along are you? 28 +1

2. How big is baby? eggplant

3. Upcoming appointments this week? nope

4. Any new symptoms or changes? nope

5. Rants/Raves/Questions? I was feeling really relaxed about all the time I had to do stuff, but now that the 3rd trimester is here I wonder where all the time went.

I played sports in high school and loved it and would like my kids to do that as well.  College and probably masters degree, plus some time to do extended travel mixed in there.  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

1. How far along are you? 28 weeks. Hello 3rd tri!

2. How big is baby? Eggplant 

3. Upcoming appointments this week? 28 wk one Tuesday

This kid is getting soo heavy. And I'm so exhausted this week I think I've passed out at DS's nap time every single day. And I'm not a daytime sleeper. 

My last pregnancy I had GD. Not this time (thankfully) so I'm curious it's see how these last few months go without all the extra monitoring. I hope it stays normal and boring! 

Travek kid. See the world. 

• Options

1. How far along are you? 26 weeks!

2. How big is baby? Head of Kale

3. Upcoming appointments this week? Have my regular check in and glucose test next Wednesday!

Lots of mid/upper back pain on my right side. But only when I sit down (which obviously I do a lot of at work). Trying to work on my posture but also thinking about getting a prenatal massage and if that doesn't work I'd like to see a chiropractor. Other than that, lots of baby movements, starting to feel him rolling around too which is fun. This also leads to me having to pee every hour because he's literally just jumping on my bladder. 

Rave-I have my first baby shower this weekend with my DH's family. It will be beautiful and I'm excited to see everyone on his side since I haven't at all since I've been pregnant. 

Rant- Nervous about the Glucose test next week. I'm bad at chugging beverages and I'm sure I'm not going to eat that great over Memorial Day weekend, especially at my baby shower. Just hope that I pass! 

6. GTKY: if you could live vicariously through your kid, what would they do? (Activities, jobs, etc) Go to college. College was one of the best experiences of my life and it got me to where I am today. I know college isn't for everyone, but I hope my child wants to/does experience it someday.