Infertility
Options

Failed egg retrieval turned into IUI

Hi Ladies,

I just found out yesterday that we are going to cancel this weekend's egg retrieval and are going to switch to an IUI on Monday. After 8 days of meds, I only had 3 follicles measuring 16mm and 1 at 9mm. We had a failed FET in February and I'm pretty bummed that the egg retreival didn't work this time around. 

Do you have any recommendations on things I can do to prepare over the weekend for the IUI? I am scheduled to take my trigger shot tonight. They had me stop all other meds today (lupron, gonal-f and menopur). This will be my first IUI. I hadn't planned on getting pregnant until August  (had planned on an FET with the eggs we would have retrieved from this cycle). I feel like I would have been eating healthier, drinking more water, etc....had I known it was a possibility to conceive this month.  

I know it's a long shot with IUI given my diminished Ovarian reserve but my fingers are crossed. 

Re: Failed egg retrieval turned into IUI

• Options
    @Sweetdrms182 sorry that you couldn't do egg retrieval. I'm 38 I also have low reserves I'm doing a few IUIs BC I have no fertility coverage for fertility nor the money right now to do IVF. I did ask my Dr and being this is my only issue he did say that I could still get preg with IUI and even naturally. Of course the percentage with if is higher chance of concieveing I just didnt want to sit around and wait doing nothing. Good luck in whatever you decide to do. 
  • Options
    @Labluver2 - Thank you! I just did my trigger shot- I hope this works. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options