September 2016 Moms
Options

Responding to their name

Does your baby respond to his own name yet?  Every once in a while ours will, but I'm thinking he's responding to the sound rather than the name, because 95% of the time he does nothing.  I'm worried!!

Re: Responding to their name

• Options
    I haven't really noticed. Sometimes she looks when I say her name and other times I have to say it a lot or make a lot of noise and it still doesn't always work. And I still think it's the sounds she is responding too.
  • Options
    Our LO does. But honestly this is the third child and everyone in the house is constantly saying her name. It was way different with baby #1! I wouldn't worry!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    X does for the most part but I swear it is because I say it a bajillion times a day now that he is mobile. He didn't for awhile though. Honestly think he really started to recognize his name in the last couple weeks. I'm not convinced he truly knows it is his name but he responds to it mostly. I wouldn't worry too much. Every baby is different.
  • Options
    My Lo does mostly, but there are times he definitely tunes me out. If this continues to worry you, I would ask your pediatrician at your LOs 9 month check-up. 
  • Options
    I swear X was tuning me out this morning when he was getting into things he isn't suppose to. He loves eating paper so I really have to keep an eye him when he is in the living room. He is such a turd sometimes.
  • Options
    Dylan does for the most part but like @jenkar01 said when he is getting into something he is not supposed to I think he intentionally ignores me lol. @MamaSquishyB is your LO "talking" a lot and making different sounds? Because if so im,sure he is hearing you and maybe just doesn't fully understand his name yet 
    BabyFruit Ticker