Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid?
May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

Re: Friday Ticker Change 5/19

• Options

How many weeks old is baby? 10 days! Today is his due date

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? Weight check on Monday. Last Monday he was only an ounce down from when we left the hospital 

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? I introduced a paci to him this week and hope I'm doing right by that. The pediatrician said she thought it would be fine. I'm not really sure why I have reservations about it. I guess I just don't want to mess this whole breastfeeding thing up. Also, hiccups and spit up ugh.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? We are starting to get better at sleeping through the night. 

Rants/raves/questions? When do you take baby out to like the store and stuff? 

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid? Pretty much anything on Disney channel.
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    @mspacman34, we took DD out when she was just a few days old. We just went to Target and kept her in the car seat (in the big part of the cart) the whole time, but it felt good to get out of the house! This time we'll probably be taking baby out within a couple days to get DD to preschool and daycare. 

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KMD1106KMD1106 member
    How far along are you? 40 weeks! 

How big is baby? The doctor estimated about 8-8.5lbs

Any appointments this week? I had my 40 week yesterday. High BP meant I had to do blood work, NST, and BPP. It all came back fine. I had a membrane sweep too. My next scheduled appointment is a csection on the 26th. I hope not to make it to then!

Symptoms? I had painful contractions every 15-20 minutes last night. They tapered off. :( I've had a few sporadic ones this morning, but nothing regular. 

Cravings? Cookie dough?

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm over being pregnant. I know EDD is just an estimate, but after having DD at 39 weeks, this feels like forever! 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid?
    Rugrats, Doug, Pepper Ann

BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    How far along are you? 41 weeks 

How big is baby

Any appointments this week? I just got back from my 41 week appoinment. Still on 2cm and cervix is high. OB did a sweep. Induction is scheduled Monday if he doesn't show up by then. I'm pretty sad about it. 

Symptoms? None. No.signs.of.labor 

Cravings? Not really, but I did buy brownies and ice cream at the store yesterday ha. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Why won't this baby come on his own!!!! 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid? Hmmmmm. As a teenager I loved Gilmore Girls. I think like classic Disney channel Lizzie McGuire, Even Stevens, Famous Jet Jackson, etc.

@mspacman34 I for sure took DD out to Target when she was a couple days old but she stayed in the car seat in the big part of the shopping cart with a cover over her. I think when she was a month old we had a military event I had to take her to and she again stayed in her car seat the whole
    time. Basically I was fine take her places as long as I could wear her or she stayed in her car seat.
  • Options
    clebl24clebl24 member
    How far along are you? 40 weeks

How big is baby? Watermelon 

Any appointments this week?  Tuesday. I was 4 cm amd had a soft cervix.  Doc said baby would come this week.  Hmm!

Symptoms? Anxious. Shooting nerve pain in my thighs. Insomnia. 

Cravings?  Watermelon

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm also over being pregnant. DS came at 38w 2d and there was no guessing game when I went into labor.  

Team Pink/Blue/Green?  Green

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid? Full House, Saved By the Bell, 90210

@mspacman34 I didn't take DS out in public for 4-5 weeks. It was a first time mom thing for me.  We went to doc and visited family.  However, things will be very different with this one. We're actually hitting the beach the second week in June. I'm sure he or she will make regular grocery runs, daycare drop offs, and trips to the office.  Do whatever you feel comfortable doing.  
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses, ladies! You are all so close to having your little ones here!  Hang in there  :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 39 weeks

How big is baby? Small pumpkin, American shorthair cat.

Any appointments this week? Had appointment today and they wouldn't sweep my membranes. I'm sad, I'm discouraged, I'm.so.uncomfortable.

Symptoms? All of them. Every possible one.

Cravings? Food is the least of my concerns these days. The nausea is vengeful and the gestational diabetes don't make anything possible.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm just trying really hard not to lose my shit these days. I'm so miserable it's making me a miserable person. I feel bad for everyone around me. I'm worried this baby is never coming out and I'll need to be induced/c-sectioned, and if it does come on it's own I won't have anything left in me emotionally or physically to push this baby out medication-free, without intervention.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green.

GTKY: What were your favorite shows as a kid? As a child, we did not watch much TV but I liked Reading Rainbow and Looney Toons.

• Options
    Good luck @KMD1106!
    I hear you @bacorrea! Can I say that even though I'm only 39 weeks? I hope your baby comes on its own!
    I hope baby comes this week @clebl24!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    I was wondering where all the Friday ladies were today!

@mspacman34: really similar to @clebl24, and likely the FTM thing, I too didn't take the baby anywhere for a month. I think my brain really latched onto the whole "a fever in a newborn is a medical emergency," one that requires a trip to the ped ER (...with a slew of SOP tests that made me nervous just thinking about having to do on a tiny baby!).

This little guy is 3 weeks this Monday and so far he's only been to some dr appts and in the car for preschool dropoffs. I'm a bit more laissez-faire this time. I figure his older bro will be introducing so many germs from preschool that it's all unavoidable so I'll limit exposure where I can but it's probably all futile. Do what's best for you!  :)