August 2017 Moms
Options

Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 5/18

Re: Why My Pregnant Self is Crying 5/18

• Options
    dma0389dma0389 member
    @secicc12 I'd really LOVE to tell that to people esp at work! seriously!

I'm crying or upset these days bec my hair is a hot mess. My appt is not until 5/29 bec my stylist is out and every time I see my hair it makes me mad or upset. When pregnant with DS 3 years ago I had beautiful thick hair, it was my fav time of pregnancy! This time with DD my hair looks like crap, it feels like crap, it's annoying, and it makes me so frustrated! I cried the other day bec I saw a work group photo we took and it was my hair that looked like sh!+!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Embarrassingly, pretty much everything this week. The most ridiculous one was that part of the Tiny Love 3-in-1 rocker I ordered wasn't working, and I sobbed about it. The next day I figured out how to request a new part which was no big deal, but like, I am the definition of this girl this week:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    gwtw733gwtw733 member
    @SpotConlon Same here this week. I just cried about an hour ago because I spilled a little water on myself... all the feels over absolutely nothing!
  • Options
    Just watched DeepWater Horizon. All the feels!  :'(
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper DH rented that at the beginning of my pregnancy and I cried my eyes out 
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    We took DD1 to an amusement park yesterday with a friend to celebrate her 5th birthday. She is a mommy's girl and was sad when it was over. We spent a lot of time cuddling together and talking all about it and about her upcoming week. Somebody shared an article on FB about how you only get 18 summers with your kids so in my head I keep thinking that 13 summers left with her is not enough and how special this time with her is. I usually don't cry at birthdays, but definitely did last night. I wish I could pause time with my girls right now as they are both absolute dolls. 

Ha, crying as I type this at work! I hope this little guy is a cuddly mommy's boy!

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17

• Options
    Oh my goodness. I've been remarkably level headed this pregnancy but whoa. I've been in a new job a couple months now and just had a contentious conference call meeting resulting in me feeling very frustrated. However, I can deal with frustration. My old job was 7 years of frustration. I'm a big girl, I can handle my work. But this just caused water works and I could not get a grip. I was just crying in my office, and pulled myself together enough to get outside and take a walk. DH didn't pick up his phone as he's at work but I did reach my dad and I was just like, I can't get a grip, I can't stop crying, just talk to me about anything. It helped. I have a grip now, but it's tenuous. Have to eat some lunch and move on with unrelated work tasks. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @PinkPrincessPiper / @SouthernMama15: we do contracted work for the company that supplied the pipes to DeepWater Horizon. That company held a contractor safety meeting a few months back that was a special screening of the movie, to reiterate how important quality control is, etc. etc. (even though it wasn't the pipe itself that was defective in that case). I was one of very few women there; I ugly cried, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't alone in that lol. 

• Options
    I was crying the other day b/c I realized my OB might not be who delivers my LO. This isn't news, but for some reason it just hit me and I got very upset about some 'stranger' being there and not my doctor-who has been my doctor since I was 15-so I think that might be part of it. I'm pretty relaxed about the birth plan stuff, things changing, etc. Just will make me sad if it isn't the person I have gone to for over 1/2 my life delivering my baby. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    @HappyToBeHere Omg.  It really upset me when the one guy wouldn't listen about safety. DH is a lineman and safety is a huge deal in that line of work as well. More to life than money and deadlines. 
  • Options
    My daughter's pediatrician is taking a sabbatical and it literally starts on my due date.
    When I got the letter, I bawled and bawled.