Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Healthy Habits Check In Week of 5/15

2»

Re: Healthy Habits Check In Week of 5/15

• Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @AliW220 I've had multiple days trying to figure out how I could quit my job. I feel like there aren't enough hours in the day to do what I need to do. And with a husband on shift work and a two year old and no family close by, I get it's so tough to make time for yourself. 

We had a speaker at work the other day talk about the juggling act of being a mom/wife/friend/etc  and she made a good point and I thought it was super helpful to put things into perspective. Ask people...literally ask them...what they expect of you to be considered good enough to them.
    What do your kids say make you a good mom? What does your husband say makes you a good wife? A good daughter, sister, etc...
    She said her kids' answer was that liked her homemade scones. So her 100% to do list each week for her kids is to make scones...and then there ya go...to them you're an amazing mom. Obviously she talks to and plays with them, but their standards of her being an amazing mommy were totally different from the standards she had for herself. 
    So just ask. Maybe your hubby just wants a handy once a week and then you're golden  ;)

She has a book and I bought it (but I have yet to find time to read it lol) it's called dropping the ball. Basically it's ok to let things go that you in your own mind feel like you need to hang onto. 

I hope things get better/easier, friend. But I know where you're coming from-misery loves company, right? 
  • Options
    AliW220AliW220 member
    @50Wife  those are great points. I am a perfectionist, and have a hard time letting things go. I do need to find balance. 
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @AliW220 that is EXACTLY me. No one can do it as good as me or I need to do it myself just to know for sure it's done. It's gotta stop otherwise I will go crazy 
  • Options
    So I just had a chocolate covered glazed doughnut  for breakfast, so much for cutting down on the sugar, but I don't care it was effing delicious!

@50Wife I really love that advice- literally ask what people expect, then you don't get trapped in to that negative thinking of mind reading and assuming. 

TTC#1 10/2016
    TTC/IF:included medicated cycles, IUIs and 2 rounds of IVF with 1 embryo each. 
    BFP finally in 12/2018

TTC#2 06/2021
    planning FET

"Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks,
    some doors are open, some roads are blocked" 

• Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @Avrilmai ugh that sounds amazing!!! I just had a bell pepper and hummus. Womp womp 

And yes I loved that she said that. Bc you may think you need to bend over backwards for people and really you don't...at all. It was interesting and something I'd never thought about. But her saying what her kids thought made her a good mom just makes you realize that across the board, you most likely have higher expectations for yourself than others do.