May 2017 Moms

Baby Pacman

mspacman34mspacman34 member
edited May 2017 in May 2017 Moms

On Monday around noon I started feeling some period like cramping in my pelvis. This was very light, but noticeable and I figured it was just my body getting ready. Later that night my back started to ache some, but this was nothing new as back pain has been constant. That night I didn’t sleep well because I couldn’t get comfortable. The next morning my back was still achy and I could tell I was contracting, but couldn’t tell if it was constant because I didn’t feel them unless I was touching my belly. I got a call from MIL telling me SIL was on the way to the hospital to have Cousin Pacman. While talking to her, I told her what was going on with me and she said she thought I was having back labor and that she expects there will be two new babies to the family today. Of course I dismissed this thinking because that would be crazy! But, I did tell her I would call my Doctor and tell them what was going on if it continued. It did continue and I left a voicemail with my Doctor’s office and told myself I would wait until they called back before I did anything.

A couple of hours later I get a call that Cousin Pacman was born via emergency C-section because he appeared in distress. I was told he has a heart murmur and is getting checked out in NICU but appears to be very healthy. MIL insisted at this point that I was in labor because my breathing was heavier, but at this point I was still playing the card that it was nothing. It was coming up on noon and I called my mom to tell her what was going on. She also insisted that I could be in back labor and that I should come in to get checked out. I finally gave in and called SD to come take me to the hospital an hour away. I also told him that it was probably nothing, but I do think I need to go get checked out. I told my mom and DH to wait about coming to the hospital until I get checked out in triage.

We left for the hospital and my nurse called me back and said it could be early back labor, but go ahead and come to triage. She also suggested that I eat something because I could be in L & D for a while (TMI-which I threw up later.) So we stopped and got me some fries to eat and when we got back on the interstate SD took a wrong turn and went the wrong way. I wanted to cry and realized at this point this could really be the real deal. At this time, my mom called and said she was at the hospital and asked where we were. Well we just stopped to get food and took a wrong turn so about 30 minutes away.

We finally get to the hospital and I see mom out front and have SD drop me off at the front. At this point I knew I was in back labor, but not how far along as the back pain was getting more intense and frequent. I went in to triage and on the outside I looked fine and was able to breathe through the contractions. The lady at triage looked over my last name and had a look on her face so I told her my SIL had delivered earlier that day. By about 20 minutes later all of the nurses new there was a family affair in L & D that day which was really funny. I got into triage and they hooked me up and checked me out and said I am 7-8 cm dilated with bulging waters and that I was going to have a baby that day. Not what I expected to hear!

I got into a L & D room and DH showed up. I declined the epidural since I could still breathe through the contractions. When I stalled at 8 cm and started to transition the contractions were right on top of each other and I ended up getting an epidural at 9 cm. It just started to somewhat kick in and my Dr. checked me and broke my water and said get ready to push! I could feel the contractions to a lesser extent in my back and could feel while pushing, but it was way more manageable with an epi. Baby was out within 45 minutes of getting the epi! DH got to announce it was a boy and cut the cord. I am recovering very well and only took a couple of doses of Tylenol while in the hospital. Baby boy is great and finally starting to sleep more. Looking back on it I don’t think things could have gone any better with labor, delivery, or baby!

---TW--- Baby Pacman's Cousin

While I was laboring, my other SIL stayed with us some as she was already at the hospital for the other birth. I asked how the baby was doing and she said good. I knew in that moment that she was not telling what was really going on, but it would be best not to ask while in labor. She came back to meet Baby Pacman and I got a chance to talk to her again about cousin. Before I had got checked in cousin had got moved to another hospital to get checked out and was expected to stay there for a few days. The next day cousin got an MRI and it was determined that there was a growth inside the heart. At first, the plan was to monitor for a week and see if it would go away in a few months. That night cousin had an episode and it was determined that the growth will need to be removed, but no one here could do anything. So cousin is med-flighted to another state where some doctors are taking on the case. No word yet on what is going to happen. I am absolutely devastated and my emotions are pulling me in so many ways. I almost feel guilty that I have a perfect baby and his cousin (and family) is in so much distress. My family is in a weird phase where they are so happy for us, but so heartbroken for them and I am too. I am trying to keep it together for baby Pacman and am doing okay now, but I am afraid of what news I will get next.

Any thoughts, prayers and good vibes would be appreciated!

---End TW---

I know this was long and messy, but I really needed to get it out somewhere. Thank you for taking the time to read!

ETA some clarification

Re: Baby Pacman

• rkstro2rkstro2 member
    @mspacman34 congrats on baby pacman!  I'm glad you made it to the hospital with all the waiting and wrong turns :). Sorry to hear about cousin pacman.  Hopefully he/she will do ok getting the care they need.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way!
  • Oh, mama @mspacman34!!

First off, congratulations! All in all, it sounds like your birth story went well! I'm glad it was only 45 minutes after the epi. I'm so glad you and Baby Pacman are doing well! Try to relish the moments, in spite of the heartache going on in your family.

Secondly, I'm so sorry about Cousin Pacman. How terrifying for the family. I hope everything works out well, and in the end there are two healthy Baby Pacmans. I know it's hard and probably the worst outside advice, but try to enjoy your baby's healthy and your family's new happiness, because you all deserve it and you don't want Cousin's journey, struggle and triumphs to be in vain.

Thanks for sharing! Keeping the Pacmans in my thoughts! ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • cato99cato99 member
    Congratulations! And please don't beat yourself up for having a healthy baby; I can't even imagine the whirlwind of emotions you're going through. 
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    Congratulations on your baby boy, @mspacman34! I'm glad to hear your labor went well, and that you have a healthy little one. 

My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I hope that your cousin's child has a successful surgery and recovers quickly. 
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• Welcome baby Pacman! Congratulations!

I hope your SIL and family have a happy ending on their birth story too
  • Congratulations! I can only imagine all of the emotions you and your family are going through. Sending you all the positive vibes and creepy internet hugs!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Welcome baby!! I'm so glad to hear everything went well for your delivery. 

Your family and nephew are in my thoughts.  <3
  • KMD1106KMD1106 member
    Congratulations on your baby boy! I'm sure you are feeling quite the mix of emotions. I'm praying for your family. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Thank you for sharing!! And congratulations on baby Pacman!! 
    I will be praying for baby Pacman's cousin. Praying the other doctors can help fix what is wrong. I'm so sorry this is a bundle of emotions right now. 
  • Congrats on Baby Pacman!! I'm sorry to hear about his cousin and will keep your family in my prayers!

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • SKZWSKZW member
    Welcome baby! Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story. You and your family are in my thoughts. 
  • clebl24clebl24 member
    @mspacman34 congrats on your bundle of joy. Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family during this time of uncertainty for baby cousin.  That's such a hard situation, but there is no reason for you to feel guilty for having a perfectly healthy baby.  
  • Congrats on your little boy @mspacman34!!
    I'm also so sorry to hear about his cousin. I can't imagine the whirlwind of emotions that must bring for you and your family. And while I understand what you mean about feeling guilty, I'm so glad your entire family is so relieved that your little guy is healthy. I'll be sending good vibes for little cousin and his family!
  • Congrats! And sounds like you're holding up well and being as supportive as you can for your family on top of just having your little guy!
  • Congrats @mspacman34! I will keep cousin pacman in my prayers.
  • Congrats! 

Sending good vibes and prayers to you and your family. I can't imagine everything that must be going through your mind. I hope cousin pacman pulls through.
  • vrj0522vrj0522 member
    Congrats! Glad you made it to the hospital in time and got your epi in! I am so sorry about baby cousin. Prayers for him and family.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• Congrats and thank you for sharing your story. I will keep Cousin Pacman and your family in our prayers. Happy Mother's Day. 
  • Congrats and welcome to the world baby Pacman!

I'm so sorry to hear about Cousin Pacman, I'll keep him and your family in my T&P's. Please keep us updated on how he's doing!  

• How is the pac-cousin doing? I've been thinking about you guys. 
  • @mspacman34 That is wonderful news!!! I was just thinking of cousin pacman yesterday wondering how he was doing. 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • rkstro2rkstro2 member
    What a great update on cousin paCman!  So thankful he's doing well!!
  • lnds32lnds32 member
    Glad to hear cousin Pacman is doing well!!!
  • How wonderful!!
  • mcvgalmcvgal member
    Such a great update, glad to hear cousin pacman will be home soon.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD