October 2017 Moms

Weekend Randoms

Re: Weekend Randoms

• @canonmom413 My sister and I are going to an Anne with an E celebration today at a bookstore. There's a promise of swag. Yay for an adventure! 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Morning ladies! Although it's probably afternoon for some of you at this point.

I'm taking my choirs to a festival today, and then we're doing dinner with my family for Mother's Day/my brother's birthday.
  • First morning with the OK to Wake clock. Spoiler alert: it didn't work. DS was up at 5:40. Thankfully DH got up with him and let me sleep until 9:15. 

We're going to a 30th birthday BBQ later. I also still need to get a Mother's Day card and gift for my mom. Ughh why do I put this stuff off!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jessafishy that movie is one of my favorites!! I love Kronk.

I went to the grocery store this morning, worked out, and am about to clean our fireplace so I can paint it tomorrow and Tuesday! Told DH last night that I really wish we would have gotten our reno done before we got pregnant because now I feel like I'm rushing and have so much to do and I feel guilty painting so much.. Oops! But DH works soooo much so I hate to make him paint on his time off. Hopefully baby will be fine.
  • @dumbledoredies get out of my head. I was just looking at our fireplace last night thinking I should paint it because I've put it off for the last year but wasn't sure if that was frowned upon while pregnant. I'll probably do it anyway. Are you just painting over regular brick? I haven't even researched how to do this yet.

*O17 June Siggy Challenge - You had 1 job!*
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • @purplestarz I mean I think painting in general is frowned upon while pregnant but I asked my doctor and she said to wear a mask and take breaks. I primed a wall a few days ago and I just opened our door wall and wore a mask and took breaks and everything seemed fine. I know the fumes aren't great for the baby but I can't stop doing EVERYTHING. And I have the time to do it so... I'm doing it.

And yeah, I'm painting over regular brick. Going to follow this- https://blog.homedepot.com/painting-brick-fireplace/
    Luckily I may only have to do one coat of paint because the brick we have now is like.. cream colored.
  • Welp. Had my OB appointment on friday and now i need a heart scan to check if I have a murmur or anything else. Most likely it is nothing or a harmless murmur but I'm a bit worried they'll find something sinister. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @buttercream_frosting, when is your heart scan? Hope its just a scare and you're murmur free! 
  • @buttercream_frosting Good luck at your heart scan! Hopefully it's nothing 
  • @yasandson @jessirh Thank you. I am waiting on confirmation. They do it via snail mail for some reason. But i should know within 10 days when it is. 

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What a steal @beautyundefined !

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• @CanonMom I seriously felt like I hit the lottery lol 
  • @buttercream_frosting I hope everything turns out okay for you! 

• JessDGJessDG member
    @beautyundefined   SCORE!  My family never did yard sales much growing up, but DH's did a lot.  He takes me with him sometimes, and swears he's gotten great deals at them.  I have never seen anything remotely close to what you got!  

• @jessafishy Commiseration lovetit. If you find anything that works, let me know! I'm just afraid it's not going to get any better for a while with the longer days/early mornings. So. Tired. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @buttercream_frosting I hope everything turns out well!
  • @purplestarz and @dumbledoredies I've painted every pregnancy  :# including our fireplace. I just primed and did reg paint. It's held up well going 4 years strong! 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • nbcarlsonnbcarlson member
    edited May 2017
    @nbcarlson Tell me more about this! I've never heard of it. How does one find one? 
    The one I went to is only held in Seattle and Portland, but it's just one of those giant baby shower things. I think most "cities" have some version of this at least once a year. It's like a bridal show but for baby items. It's fun to see all the different products and winning free stuff is always fun haha! 

ETA: I found this one through a FB ad but I feel like you could just google baby events in your area. 

• @riverrainez how old is LO? DS didn't care about his clock until about 2 weeks ago. Now he's officially out of the crib and loves when it turns green. He will be 3 in June. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do any of you wake up incredibly achey now? This past week I've been waking up feeling like I was hit by a truck (not cramps). Mainly my abdomen muscles, knees and lower back. It's a similar feeling to when I was a young waitress working double shifts, if that makes any sense.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker