October 2017 Moms

Nesting craziness

I searched before starting a new thread and didnt see one.  Apologize if this is a duplicate.

Anyone else nesting?  What crazy things has nesting made you do?

So far I have:
1) Written out lesson plans for 5 years of homeschool Bible curriculum and currently working on language arts/phonics.

2) Completely rearranged my kids' drawers/done a major purge so I can fit 3 kids' clothes in 2 dressers.
3) Inatalled a tension rod in kid's room above the window seat for more hanging space.
4) bought and assembled a 9 cube organizer for kids/books and school supplies.
5) packed baby's hospital bag (and checked/rearranged it 19 times to make sure it's all there)

My AS is on the 25th and I know it will get even worse after that as I get clothes and things organized.  
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Nesting craziness

• I'm suddenly feeling the need to reorganize my house, although I haven't actually done it. I've created an IKEA shopping list and we plan to go in a few weeks. After we get everything assembled and setup I plan to purge like crazy. Since we found out we're having a boy I'm planning to go through all the baby clothes I saved from DD and give away 95% of it.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Loading the player...
  • How do mental lists not drive everyone nuts? Seriously.  I'd be like...I have to do something to shorten this list or i'll lose my mind.
  • @Boobopgirl I'm right here with you, lady. We just installed baby's closet, and it's killing me to not give my dad the green light to get the crib yet. I'm committed to waiting for a positive a/s, then shit is getting real in the nursery. 

Making my way slowly but surely through the BRU registry checklist.

• @sdarling2010. I literally have 2 bags of NB/ 0-3 clothes sitting out, one neutral and boy, one girl.  Just waiting to know which goes in the dresser.

• shan24shan24 member
    I'm trying to wait until I'm off for the summer. DS will be going to daycare once a week, so I plan on using that time to my advantage
  • Purging my sons toys an attempting to clean out he guest bedroom/future nursery. And making a to-buy list on amazon. 
  • KSweetKSweet member
    @Boobopgirl My nesting has been all about homeschooling. I'm nervous because I've got one going "into" high school, one into middle, two still in elementary, and one going into kindergarten (plus two toddlers and the newborn). So I've been making extremely detailed lesson plans to help me get through. We have about six weeks off between this year and starting up in July and during that time, I hope to do some deep cleaning and some purging. 

What are your kids' ages? 

And yeah, no mental lists for me....they make me more anxious. Google drive lists all the way!
  • I've been slowly starting a registry when I realized I have about a month to get one done and that's not a whole lot of time to do my crazy FTM researching.

Havent started a lot else baby-related yet. We've been working on our family room. As soon as that's done (should be done early to mid-June) I'll be working on the nursery and we will buy a crib and put it together. Have to teach kitties they can't go in it!!

Once that's done I'll work on organizing and deep cleaning our house, though I do small things from time to time so this won't take long at all.
  • @KSweet mine are still preschool.  My oldest is starting full blown phonics this year though because she listed learning to read as one of the things she really wants to know.  She also really wants to learn about "space."  My little one is doing the introductory shapes, colors, letters, numbers, animal sounds package.  We use the free curriculum from abcjesuslovesme but I tweak quite a bit and add in science experiments to go with either the Bible lesson or the book of the week.  I do my own phonics thing and some of my own math stuff and add workbooks and printables from other sites.  And tons and tons of songs.  So many songs.
  • I started nesting this week too! 

1. Obsessively adding to a giant list of things that I "Need to do before the baby arrives"
    2. Writing out my birth plan
    3. Checked out birthing class DVDs from the library (we did this last time so that we could stop the video and talk about what we liked and didn't like, how we would do it differently, etc.). I prefer this to a birthing class that is cookie cutter. 
    4. Cleaned the bathroom better than it's been cleaned since DD was a baby..... we're talking deep clean. I even went through every drawer and cabinet, removed stuff that hasn't been used in over a year and threw it out. Wiped out all drawers and cabinets, and then rearranged everything. This was at 7am on Saturday morning.
    5. Finally got to work researching car seats/strollers/baby monitors. 

I've just been so sick before this point that I had no desire to do anything at all. Now I'm not sick all the time, I'm able to eat, have a ton of energy and can't stop thinking about everything that has to be done still!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker 
     May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
      Image result for birthday cake explodes balloon gif

• tsa208tsa208 member
    edited May 2017
    I created a spreadsheet of everything I need/want to purchase for the baby, then researched and chose specific brands (the Baby Bargains book was very helpful), added links to where each item can be purchased, whether it's on the registry, anticipated cost, and actual cost (so I can track my spending against budget). I love spreadsheets!

I just today purchased my first baby-related item -  a Pack n Play because Target is having a 25% off sale on all Graco items (FYI). Checked it off on the spreadsheet! :smiley:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    Just started sorting through out girl clothes, since we get to reuse them! I just need to get a dresser, so I have somewhere to put them lol. Looks like I need to soak all of the tiny stuff in Oxiclean to get the milk stains out :P 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • oh yeah... i just dropped $200 at the Marshalls home decor section. I went in to buy myself a $20 pair of sandals and left with new bedroom curtains, storage bins, and some wall decor to hang up in the babies room... 
    \

• We are in the process of cleaning out all of the "crap" we don't use/need to make room for baby items. The only reason we haven't converted to full bed to a crib is because I am going to feel bad enough "kicking my step-son out" of the room and moving him to the other end of the house. He is 11, but I don't want to make him feel like baby is more important than him. I do have to talk myself out of buying clothes and other items. I am trying to wait until after my showers, so I don't end up with duplicates and so I don't have to spend as much of my money, until I have to.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • KAK37KAK37 member
    Yes! This madness is crazy. I cringe every time I walk past the babies room, which was our guest/whatever doesn't have a place room. I finally got my DH to get rid of the dresser in there as he dented every corner he could getting it down the stairs because he doesn't want me to lift anything heavy.

It's so stressful figuring out how to get rid of everything in that room.

On a funny note.. I think my 10 year old daughter is nesting she has overhauled her room twice so far looking for things she thinks her little brother would like. I've never seen the kids room look so clean..lol

• I've started! We found out that we're having a girl last Monday. Since then I have sold almost all of the baby boy clothes I had been saving, bought baby girl clothes up to 3 months, put up babies crib (it looks so cute!), started going through my older kids clothes to pack away warm weather clothes. I'll be going through all of them today and seeing aside all of the clothes My son has out grown so that I can get rid of them too lol 
    That's all I have on my list for now because I have pretty much everything for baby. Been bargain hunting the last two months
  • hubby has been nesting all weekend. he decided to deep clean in the room, the spare room that will someday become the nursery, and the cleaning closet. plus we did laundry yesterday. i put away all my clothes that dont fit anymore and semi organized my closet, but my motivation isnt there yet
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    I finally got a dresser ordered, so all these clothes will have somewhere to go! Did an oxiclean soak on all of the clothes that had milk stains and they ALL came out! I was so glad! I feel like I can't really do much until the dresser gets here, because there are clothes and blankets EVERYWHERE in the baby room. Can't wait to get the clothes put away and the room clean and set up, so I can start decorating! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I want to start nesting really badly, but I still have three more weeks of school. Realistically though, I might be able to start after this week. We have our last school concert on Thursday night, so the last two weeks will be really easy. Plus we have our anatomy scan on Tuesday, so I think we will be much more ready to do a registry and buy stuff once we know the sex.