November 2017 Moms
Options

FF*FC 5/12

*Not guaranteed to be flame free  :p

Re: FF*FC 5/12

• Options
    av2323av2323 member
    The post by the dad kind of freaked me out.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    BayCampBayCamp member
    My kid is playing on the iPad so I can bump. My insomnia was through the roof last night and I'm just tired. Patiently awaiting naptime so I can nap with him. I work 5p-1a tonight and this lady needs a nap. 
  • Options
    ugoglencocougoglencoco member
    edited May 2017
    av2323 said:
    The post by the dad kind of freaked me out.  
    Where was this? I hate when I miss things lol

eta found it. Definitely kinda strange.
  • Options
    Wait, @ugoglencoco you're supposed to tell the rest of us (aka lazy me) where it was!

• Options
    @ArtificialRed it's the Pregnancy Subscription Box thread.

Related FFFC: I don't like subscription boxes. DH got me Birchbox one year for Valentine's Day because I'd been dying to try it and I thought it was a waste of money. I get the appeal if you love trying out products and makeup, just not for me. I also don't like Stitch Fix. They always send me crap! I'm too good at shopping on my own I guess.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge thanks! I wouldn't have clicked on that thread because I also think subscription boxes are a waste of money. (But I'm aware that there are people with a lot more disposable incom than me, and people are absolutely allowed to do what they want with their own money.)

• Options
    Just playing devils advocate here but why are we so against a dad but not the non-carrying wife? 
    I think of the boards as a place for us pregnant women to go because we are all going through a similar experience not some anthropology study on pregnant women. 
  • Options
    @cmessamore to me, Monday-Wednesday are the same board and Thursday/Friday are the same board lol. Maybe we can have "Weekend Wah-mbulance" for Sat/Sun haha! Flame free whining that is not guaranteed to be flame free ;) 

• Options
    @ArtificialRed it's the Pregnancy Subscription Box thread.

Related FFFC: I don't like subscription boxes. DH got me Birchbox one year for Valentine's Day because I'd been dying to try it and I thought it was a waste of money. I get the appeal if you love trying out products and makeup, just not for me. I also don't like Stitch Fix. They always send me crap! I'm too good at shopping on my own I guess.

Arg stuck in the box.
    Stitch fix never sent me anything small enough. I stressed how tiny I am. They just didn't have the inventory. So first box I kept the earrings just so I wouldn't be paying for nothing. I left this detail in my note to the stylist. The next box had NO jewelry or accessories and of course the clothes were all huge on me. That was the end of that.

I do enjoy popsugar boxes, but only subscribe because I get a significant discount thru a connection. That said, they are a real treat every month.

• Options
    av2323av2323 member
    edited May 2017
    @MaximumEffort  I'm not against a dad per se, it just caught me off guard.  The more I thought about it the more I realized I would welcome a same sex partner without question so why not a dad?.  I think, for me at least, it is because we have talked/will talk about some pretty intimate things so it may seem weird doing it in a man's presence.  But again, it just caught me off guard.
  • Options
    av2323av2323 member
    @cmessamore  "Snarky Sunday" would be fun! 
  • Options
    I downloaded this app called Peanut (if you haven't heard of it, it's like a dating app to meet moms/moms-to-be in your area) and didn't understand how it worked and accidentally "waved" (told someone I was interested in connecting) without meaning to and I don't know how to delete it and it's stressing me out!

• Options
    2Dash2Dash member
    @av2323 The dad post weirds me out too because my DH would never be able to find this board and I've specifically told him about it ...lol!  Also - why pick the Nov. 17 board?  I'm all for men being involved and good dads but this is forum for pregnant women. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @2Dash I think his wife is due in November so he picked November lol

• Options
    slavenslaven member
    My Maltese has had a lot of changes in how she goes potty recently. From 4 months old when we got her to this past December she had an indoor potty called the Piddle Place. Then we got our Sheltie so she started going outside with her, no pee pads. Pregnancy tiredness and work schedules now have me leaving disposable pee pads out for her and now when I take her out with our Sheltie (on a schedule) she never goes but comes in and goes on the pee pad. I feel like a failed dog mom. Is this a potty training regression? haha 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    My husband is out of town for a race Soo me and the toddler came over to hang out at my in-laws. I'm mostly here cause I don't like being alone at night but I am also secretly hoping my mil goes out and gets us brunch cause she often does if we are here on a weekend (she is pretty great) cause I just don't want to have to go anywhere this morning sick with a toddler. Currently cuddling ds and pretty sure I will fall asleep first.