August 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC 5/12

Let's see some flame worthy confessions. 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 5/12

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm Pinning way too many pictures of fancy baby dresses and frilly bloomers even though intellectually I know that Baby is highly likely to barf and poop on everything and everything is probably some ridiculous handwash-only fabric. 
    Slap some sense into me. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kvh22kvh22 member
    DH and I split the household chores very evenly and taking out the trash is his job. DH took the trash out on Saturday night before he left for a work trip. I've pretty much filled it and am trying my best to not overfill it so I don't have to take it out before he gets home tonight. I really really hate taking out the trash.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• Options
    caity024caity024 member
    edited May 2017
    @bumpybump ditto! I've bought them twice now and keep meaning to share but I'm apparently a 'my precious' level creepy addict when it comes to caramel m&ms. 

ETA my fffc: I'm using pregnancy as an excuse to not pick up dog poop. I say it's getting hard for me to bend over at all, which it's not yet, I just really don't want to do it.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    britvahokbritvahok member
    edited May 2017
    DS1: 8/2012 <3 DS2  8/2017 <3 DS3 10/2018 

• Options
    I'm Pinning way too many pictures of fancy baby dresses and frilly bloomers even though intellectually I know that Baby is highly likely to barf and poop on everything and everything is probably some ridiculous handwash-only fabric. 
    Slap some sense into me. 
    I have bought some. I am having my first girl and I am way too excited about hairbows. I am trying to justify that the few I have bought can be for church and I will wear practical stuff at home. 
  • Options
    Kudlica27 said:
    Slap some sense into me. 
    I have bought some. I am having my first girl and I am way too excited about hairbows. I am trying to justify that the few I have bought can be for church and I will wear practical stuff at home. 
    My cousin bought two Kate Spade outfits for her. I mean... I didn't buy them so it doesn't count :) I cannot wait to stuff her in them!!!
  • Options
    lewlivlewliv member
    FTM and I feel no sense of urgency in preparing for this baby to come in 14 weeks. We have nothing done so far and when people ask us if we are ready or if we have everything, the answer is eh it's a baby and they dont need much. The looks we get from people after saying that are priceless!
    Yep... haven't touched my spare bedroom. Have no ideal where am I putting the furniture currently there or all the stuff I keep in there. Do babies really need a nursery?
  • Options
    @namestolen - our nursery sat empty for .... 9 months. Even DD's clothes were kept hanging in my closet for a while out of convenience.
  • Options
    @namestolen I mean, we're going to have a nursery but already decided that the first couple months baby will be in our room just to make things a little easier for DH and I. That being said, we have longer to prepare the nursery, or rather, bedroom they will grow up in....
  • Options
    FTM and I feel no sense of urgency in preparing for this baby to come in 14 weeks. We have nothing done so far and when people ask us if we are ready or if we have everything, the answer is eh it's a baby and they dont need much. The looks we get from people after saying that are priceless!
    Same. Which is weird because normally I'm obnoxiously type-A but there's really no sense of urgency around here. We're moving furniture out of the room this weekend but don't have anything to put in it!
  • Options
     I just laughed so hard on how the snarkiness has began and how people are so insensitive maybe due to the hormones but I love food #TGIF #BOTHSHELLS #dontgetoffended excuse the hashtags  :D Glad the day is almost over at work!
  • Options
    My FFFC is really lame today, but I finally satisfied my Taco Bell craving. And I didn't even get a taco! #teamburrito #teamquesadilla 
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Well that just leads right on into my confession. I really hate when women blame their behavior on their hormones. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lewliv I do that. DH thought it was mean the first time around. This time he doesn't see anything. I will actually shake my belly. 
  • Options
    @lewliv I do that. DH thought it was mean the first time around. This time he doesn't see anything. I will actually shake my belly. 
    See, my DH pokes my belly to try to feel the baby move. I get all, "Don't poke the baby!!!!"
    Now that she's moving so much more, he's had more opportunity to feel her and has since stopped poking. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lewliv if I feel her pressing up against an uncomfortable are I poke her tile she moves. DH thought it was mean until he came up and "shook" my belly to get her moving so he could feel her. He then realized there was no difference lol. He also said that her kicking my bladder is payback for me making her move from her comfortable position lol
  • Options
    Nxy said:
    Well that just leads right on into my confession. I really hate when women blame their behavior on their hormones. 
    I'm totally guilty of this. I have all the hormones!  >:)

• Options
    @Nxy I totally get it. If my husband were to say "you're hormonal", he'd get the stink eye, but I feel like I'm allowed to say "I'm pregnant, and hormonal AF" because, well, I AM!  :p
  • Options
    I'm hormonal and trying to wean off my anxiety meds. I feel either great or like a raging bitch. No in between.
  • Options
    lewliv said:
    I poke the baby if I don't feel like he/she is moving enough. DH thinks I'm mean. 
    Yup! 
  • Options
    My FFC - i totally use pregnancy tiredness as an excuse with DH when i can be assed doing something. I think he knows, but he usually goes with it. I do go to bed at 7.30 most nights, so its a valid reason sometimes! About the hormonal stuff - i think there is a fine line. Hormones are a little harder to control while pregnant, and i do find myself a little grumpy or cranky sometimes without any other explanation  (DH says its when i know im being an asshole and just dont care, which is probably true) but i feel that some women use hormones as an excuse to be total bitches, or as an excuse when they know theyve done/said something to hurt or offend someone, but its easier to 'blame it in the hormones' then to step up and say sorry for being a dick or whatever. 
  • Options
    tova24tova24 member
    My confession is lame today. I went home 30 minutes early from work. Also I read the baby basics book I got from my class while eating gelato at my desk (had five flavors in one cup. Note: turle cheesecake flavor and hazelnut crunch did not mix well.)
  • Options
    @lewliv i poke the baby when she kicks hard, or starts having dance parties, to get her to chill out. Hi, thanks for bopping around but don't forget you are doing that inside another human. 
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • Options
    donehuedonehue member
    I always thought the pregnant/hormonal thing was an exaggeration, but now I am on my third pregnancy and have some real hormone-induced irrational emotional changes! I will give it a little more credit as an excuse going forward (although it is a little overused).

DD#1: 5/29/12

DD#2: 1/14/15

Baby #3 on the way due 8/19/17