June 2017 Moms
Options

WTF Wednesday

It is Wednesday, right? I don't think we had a Monday B'fest either, so share em all here!

Re: WTF Wednesday

• Options
    mamaelle27mamaelle27 member
    edited May 2017
    WTF hubby. We're moving next week and I've been very systematically packing a few boxes a day so we don't pack anything we need and so the boxes are properly labelled. He goes on a packing rampage and just starts throwing things in boxes, sealing them, and then not labeling them. So now I'm sitting here, unpacking unlabeled boxes looking for staples like diaper cream and hand soap to get us through the next week. Ugh, hate when people mess with my organization. Especially when my mobility is limited and I can't just move all the boxes to find what I need! Can't wait for this move to be over!

ETA: I feel like we had a lot of mamas who were moving right around now. How's everyone else's move going?
  • Options
    @mamaelle27 that is super annoying. We thought about selling our house and took it off the market when we found out we were pregnant. 

WTF is up with all the random crazy new posts...? At least I found entertainment on here while in the most boring work training ever.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I need this today. Wtf hubs who drags his feet and makes every project last so much longer than it needs to. We are 5 weeks at best out from d day and we have very little accomplished. 
  • Options
    @neludelu ... Can you threaten to hire someone to do it... That motivates my DH.
  • Options
    mombodmombod member
    WTF lady at work. You butt into everythjng and make it worse. Im trying to slide through to maternity leave over here, stop annoying me.
  • Options
    @neludelu we are in the same boat. Although in my DH defense we took on a MAJOR remodel project over the last year and have made a lot of progress just do not have the new bedroom completed to move my DD who is in the "nursery"
    Me: 33 Husband: 35
    Married: 4/24/2010
    DS: 10/12/2010
    DD: 04/23/2014
    MMS: 01/28/2016
    EDD: 06/14/2017
  • Options
    tmrussell said:
    @neludelu ... Can you threaten to hire someone to do it... That motivates my DH.
    He knows I'm too cheap. I said it last night and he laughed and said go ahead.
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    WTF germs.  This is the 035983457354 cold I have had this pregnancy and it better be the last!  I am too tired with growing a baby to deal with a terrible cold too.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    My husband is amazing about housework and home projects, but I was a little frustrated to come home and find that he decided that mowing the lawn was more important than finishing painting the guest room/nursery. My mom is coming to visit this weekend and will be sleeping in said guest room, and I can't paint and move furniture myself. Priorities!
  • Options
    HgPa said:
    My husband is amazing about housework and home projects, but I was a little frustrated to come home and find that he decided that mowing the lawn was more important than finishing painting the guest room/nursery. My mom is coming to visit this weekend and will be sleeping in said guest room, and I can't paint and move furniture myself. Priorities!
    Is it just me and my DH or do men in general care more about the outside appearance of the house than the inside? My DH will seriously put all outside chores above inside chores! 

My WTF Wednesday goes to myself because I seriously seem to have checked out at work.  Tons of my classes have been canceled due to testing and I've spent the majority of it dinking off on TB and FB.  I could be doing stuff! 
  • Options

My WTF is to my IL’s. They insisted that we celebrate Mother’s Day and FIL’s birthday on Saturday, so we said we would host because I don’t want to really travel 2 hours each way this close to my due date. Well now it has turned into DH’s cousin and her bf coming and another friend of the family coming. No one even asks us if that’s alright; we don’t even have enough room around the table for all of these extra people.

DH’s family is why we had to have 20 people come to a birthday party I wasn’t planning on having last month. I really can’t take all of their crap. Better yet; they will expect us to turn around and do this again for Father’s Day. 

• Options
    WTF uterus. Stop with all the Braxton hicks and cramps. 2 mornings in a row of thinking and worrying I'm in labor. I'm only 34 weeks. I'm not ready! The baby is not fully cooked! I want to make it to 37 weeks at least so give me a break already! 
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    @merrylea That is totally worse. C'mon, TB.

@huzzahuzza I agree! Don't worry about stuff inside the house that we use every day, just make sure it looks good for the neighbors! Ugh.
  • Options
    merrylea said:
    HgPa said:
    WTF The Bump article on my feed this morning, 'How to Sleep Comfortably in the Third Trimester.' Answer: I can't. 
    I'll take your WTF bump article and up the ante to "Will my vagina ever be the same?" Article. I mean seriously, WTF.
    The answer is no. I'll save you the trouble of reading the article. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    mtvkv5mtvkv5 member
    WTF to my sister who is too tired to come take a shift with my dad at the hospital tonight. She has no job and a 2 yo, who she has people offering all over the place to watch for her. My brother and I have been taking turns working from the hospital all week and my sister only comes for 2-3 hours a day if she comes at all. Dad gets really bad anxiety if he is alone here, and keeps asking when she will come. So frustrating. 
  • Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    @mtvkv5 I'm sorry, that sounds so frustrating.
  • Options
    WTF to my 2 year old throwing a fit while getting his hair cut and actually throwing up
  • Options
    KB00KB00 member
    JennMof3 said:
    WTF to my 2 year old throwing a fit while getting his hair cut and actually throwing up
    I feel ALL if your pain with this one!!

My three year old has had a total of four haircuts his entire life for this exact reason. He needs to be physically held down to let anyone cut his hair and loses it to the point he vomits. He has done this all four times so we avoid doing it until his hair cannot be kept out of his eyes. So incredibly jealous of moms with boys who can sit through haircuts. Thank god for his adorable blond curls which help us make it a few months between haircuts. 

• Options
    KB00 said:
    JennMof3 said:

My three year old has had a total of four haircuts his entire life for this exact reason. He needs to be physically held down to let anyone cut his hair and loses it to the point he vomits. He has done this all four times so we avoid doing it until his hair cannot be kept out of his eyes. So incredibly jealous of moms with boys who can sit through haircuts. Thank god for his adorable blond curls which help us make it a few months between haircuts. 

OMG Same! I was so exhausted after trying to hold all 35lbs of him still to do the cut. I came home and we both took a nap until my husband came home. Other than eating a few crackers and bathroom breaks I was in bed the rest of the night.

I'm glad I've known my hairdresser for like 15 years. I was seriously so embarrassed! After I got him as cleaned up as I could he hid under the table and wouldn't come out
  • Options
    KB00KB00 member
    edited May 2017
    JennMof3 said:
    KB00 said:
    JennMof3 said:

OMG Same! I was so exhausted after trying to hold all 35lbs of him still to do the cut. I came home and we both took a nap until my husband came home. Other than eating a few crackers and bathroom breaks I was in bed the rest of the night.

I'm glad I've known my hairdresser for like 15 years. I was seriously so embarrassed! After I got him as cleaned up as I could he hid under the table and wouldn't come out
    It is so embarrassing. The crazy part is as soon as the scissors get put away he was all joyful and sweet again. It's so insane how it's like a switch for him. The worst part is though, this last time, I had to hold him down close to me to keep him still so she couldn't cut the back very well. So when we got home he had a legitimate mullet!! So even after all that and paying for it I had to figure out what to do to trim the back to get rid of the mullet. Thankfully he let me trim it while he was in the bath since that's his happy place. 

I just need to learn how to trim his hair so we can avoid this until he is older and can process what is happening better. It's exhausting! You definitely earned that nap and low key day after hair cut experiences like ours!! 
  • Options
    @KB00
    Luckily my sons haircuts have been free. She said she will charge me when she feels like she has given him a good cut. At this rate he will be 10 years old! My son usually has a tail in the back because it's so hard to cut that area in the back of the neck. 

I think we need to just do quick buzz cuts from here on out. I just wanted a nice cut for all the pics when baby comes. Hubby said shave it all off but my brothers wedding is mid July and I want him to have hair! The struggle is REAL! 
  • Options
    XathXath member
    The way we got my boys to stop freaking out over haircuts was to just do them more frequently.  It sucked at first, but they got used to it pretty quickly and now have very few issues.  It just needed to be more of a normal thing for them.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • Options
    XathXath member
    Also we tend to tip 100% the cost of the haircut when they were awful.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • Options
    @xath, banned? What?
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    lmudralmudra member
    What does that mean?