November 2016 Moms

Mother's Day Survey

What are your plans?
What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)?
Did you buy any gifts?
What would you like to receive as a gift?
Any special outfit planned for LO? 

Re: Mother's Day Survey

• kvrunskvruns member
    What are your plans? Heading down to my parents' house, grill out, the usual, pretty low key. 
    What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? I'm totally fine with the plans, although if there was some special Mother's Day daycare I'd do that so I can have a break (he seems to do much better at daycare than if my parents watch him for an hour or two)
    Did you buy any gifts? Going to do a girls day with my mom, lunch and pedicure or movie, whatever she wants
    What would you like to receive as a gift? Already ordered myself a necklace that says benjamin. I know H got me something because I saw it in the mail but I don't know what it is, maybe the same thing since I told him I wanted it. To be honest the best gift would be for H to get his shit together and make a true effort to change some things so he can be a good dad and husband.
    Any special outfit planned for LO? I got him an "I love mommy" shirt but also a Grandma shirt so I'll probably have him wear the Grandma shirt since I know she will love seeing him in it.
  • m6aguam6agua member
    What are your plans? None as of right now. H will be working until 5 or 6 I think. My mom will be on vacation in another state. I probably will go to the dog park.
    What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? I have no clue. Haven't even thought about it. We are going to Chicago tomorrow and Thursday so I haven't had time to think about the weekend.
    Did you buy any gifts? I bought myself some new baby carriers.
    What would you like to receive as a gift? I would like a card at least. I like flowers but don't ever get them because of our cat.
    Any special outfit planned for LO? Nope.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• Loading the player...
  • What are your plans?
    -no idea! We land back home the night before. H mentioned something about brunch? He said he's got it planned. Realistically we will go to Costco since we've been gone 10 days at that point. 

-just spend time with my new family! Hopefully the weather is nice, id like to go for a walk. 

Did you buy any gifts?
    -I have yet to pick up something for my mom and step mom. MIL is done. 

-something special. Sort of from M. I know H has something because he told me. He said he spent a lot on it so hopefully it's nice. 

-nope! 

*we have a Mother's Day round 2 planned for the weekend after since my mom isn't in town for Mother's Day. And I'll have to go out and see my dad / his wife at some point soon too. 
  • What are your plans?

Spending the day with our little family and going to the pool.  The night before, H and I are going to a comedy club as our gift for Mother's and Father's Day

I'm good with our plans.

Did you buy any gifts?

Just the previous night out.

A nap.  I told H not to get me anything, that all I want is a nap.

Not really, just her bathing suit for the pool

• What are your plans?
    Taking the kids and headed down to my mom's for breakfast and some beach exploring

I'm good with what we're doing, I just wish the men would join us - my brothers are MIA and DH has to go see his mom.

Did you buy any gifts?
    I grabbed my mom a few crafty things, but nothing for me or MIL (yet).

I just want to have a nice day - sunny, acoustic music (radio thing) and happy family - and maybe not change any diapers.

Nah. We don't do outfits. Most of the time we don't even do pants.
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • jsmaijsmai member
    What are your plans?
    Hopefully, a walk with the fam and some alone time
    Did you buy any gifts?  I got my mom some kitchen accessories she's been mentioning
    What would you like to receive as a gift?  Typically I'm not huge on gifts but mothering has been super hard. I asked DH if we could have our house cleaned and if I can have the afternoon off to get some clothes. 
    Any special outfit planned for LO? I don't. But I have her daddy's day one picked out
  • What are your plans? My H is out of town for work so looks like it's just me and little guy. Not going to lie, kinda bummed.

What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? I would kill for a day at the spa or at the beach with a good book. Alone. I can't remember the last time I was alone. 

Did you buy any gifts? I got my mom an at home facial set, MIL a bathrobe and soaps, SIL 1 a fancy pot she wanted, SIL 2 a really soft sweater, SIL 3 a pair of sandals. 

What would you like to receive as a gift? I mean I wouldn't hate jewelry...

Any special outfit planned for LO? Nope, never thought about it. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    @mrsmarkyk2016 that is nice of you to get your SILs something. My brother's first year as a dad I got him a card and a gift and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. That was the last one he got from me LOL
  • kvruns said:
    @mrsmarkyk2016 that is nice of you to get your SILs something. My brother's first year as a dad I got him a card and a gift and he looked at me like I had 3 heads. That was the last one he got from me LOL
    My H's family loves to give presents lol. I'm not complaining, I love getting presents!
  • What are your plans? My sister and her family are going to be in town. We aren't doing anything in particular, but just having them here is exciting.
    What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? We aren't big celebrators of "hallmark" holidays (valentine's day, mother's day, father's day) so it's not even really on my radar enough to have plan desires.
    Did you buy any gifts? No, but I think my sister got me something so I should probably pick something up for her. Also, my MIL said she will be sending me something. so now I'm feeling guilty about it and need to do something for her. And since I'm acknowledging her, I should do something for my mom and SIL, too. Never ending. (And that was way too many uses of the word "something" but I couldn't figure out what else to write!)
    What would you like to receive as a gift? I guess alone time, but that's never gonna happen, especially with family in town!
    Any special outfit planned for LO? Nope
  • What are your plans? We don't have anything set up yet. Not even sure we'll do anything special. We're getting together with H's parents the next weekend, so maybe his mom is thinking of doing something special then. 
    What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? I wouldn't mind doing something special like dinner out or something. 
    Did you buy any gifts? H and I are super struggling with money right now, so I haven't done much with gifts for any holidays this year. I also stress out about gift giving, I tend to worry so much it ends up not being enjoyable. I'm feeling guilty about not having any gifts, so I might try to think of something I can make or something. 
    What would you like to receive as a gift? I just like the thought that comes with gifts, so really anything would make me feel very loved. 
    Any special outfit planned for LO? No special outfit planned. 
  • @desoky01 What about a framed picture of LO for the grandmas? That can stay pretty cheap. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ that's a good idea, I just feel bad because that's basically what we've already done for holidays so far. 
  • desoky01 said:
    @SandNStarsNJ that's a good idea, I just feel bad because that's basically what we've already done for holidays so far. 
    What about photo based cards via Walgreens and some flowers?
  • What are your plans? None—have a feeling my mom is going to be butt-hurt about that. I guess we could go to Mass with her... she'd love that.

What would you like to do (if it isn't what your plans actually are)? The two places I would've normally made brunch reservations for filled up. My immaculate memory has been shot since going back to work. Borderline space cadet!

Did you buy any gifts? No... though we might go to dinner with ILs on Monday since they are babysitting LO that day.

What would you like to receive as a gift? DH bought me (and LO) a mama & me photo session! :*<3 He gave me the gift certificate yesterday, and said something else was coming in the mail...

Any special outfit planned for LO? No but it's supposed to be super nice out, so I hope we can break out some of the cute summer wardrobe!
  • m6aguam6agua member
    @anne11716i just got back from a 2 day trip to Chicago, have fun!
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• So Mothers Day has been amended to include today with ALL the inlaws... so the best present for me would be not that. 
  • @SandNStarsNJ good luck with that. 
  • We usually do pancake breakfast at the fire station. I'm guessing we will again tomorrow unless I'm lazy. I sent my MIL flowers and my mom a card (because the flower place wouldn't deliver to get on a weekend where she lives). I just hope for a stress free day for myself ha ha. Fingers crossed! No outfits planned.
  • @kvruns Sandlot allusions are awesome. Love that idea!

Happy Mother's Day, ladies!
  • That may be the best mommy and me outfit I've ever heard of, @kvruns
    @kristah2 it sucksthat your LO is sick but 2.5 hours at a spa sounds heavenly, enjoy it!
  • @kvruns and @hoosiermama-2 that outfit is killing me!!!! So good. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    That's awesome @hoosiermama-2  I'm going to have to try to shrink it or give H this and order me another 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Hope he feels better @mrsmoose5