June 2017 Moms
Options

STM question

Hey mommas! Did anyone go past their due date and need to be induced the first time around and then the second time around go into labor early? I went about a week past my date and went through three rounds of induction meds before I had to have a CS the first time. Now that we are getting close I'm wonder if there's a chance I will go early or own my own this time. 

Re: STM question

• Options
    Are you going for a VBAC? I was induced with my first at 38.5w and had my second at 40w, so I don't have personal experience, but there is always that chance. If you were making progress early on, it'd be more likely.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm still undecided on doing a VBAC, I'm terrified of the unknown. I'm thinking I would like to go into labor on my own and see how it goes. I don't want to be induced again. If I don't go on my own I'm going to schedule a csection for the week after my due date.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you're planning on going past your due date for the csection, then I'd say the chances of natural labor are higher. Prior to 39 weeks would probably be unlikely, but not completely out of the question if your body is ready, dilating, etc. but up to 41 weeks should give you a good time cushion for natural labor to kick off on its own.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Based off of this pregnancy vs my first, everything can be different! 
  • Options
    I didn't need to be induced, but I went to 41 weeks with DD1.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    I actually ended up being induced with my second at 40w2d due to low fluid levels noted during my post date scan.  Who knows how much later she would have been than my first, so I guess I had the opposite happen.  I went into labor on my EDD with my first (after the assist from a sweep).  DD did not respond to sweeps
  • Options
    I was induced with my first and then went into labor on my "due date" with my second. My theory however for me personally is that due dates are not always exact. I have longer cycles so just going off of my last period will not get an accurate date. 
  • Options
    Do any of your OBs have concerns about VBAC-ing that late and/or inducing for a VBAC? I've heard that the longer you go, the higher the incidence of uterine rupture, which terrifies me! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    ama7165ama7165 member
    @waiting4fred my OB doesn't really want me going past 39+1 and she won't induce. So if I don't go into labor by that point it looks like another c section. I had my son at 33 weeks so it is possible to go into labor prior to 39 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @ama7165 That is my exact scenario, too. My c/s is scheduled for 39+1. I had my girls at 34+6.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married 7/11/09 TTC #1 Since 05/10
    BFP #1 09/20/10 Natural m/c 10/05/10
    BFP! #2 04/21/11... Beta 16 DPO: 437, 18 DPO:1446 Ultrasound 6w6d TWINS!
    Annabel & Sophia Born 11/28/11 at 34w6d
    BFP #3 10/4/16... Beta 13 DPO: 145, 15 DPO: 367 12/1/16 It's a GIRL!

• Options
    JessyKVJessyKV member
    @Waiting4Fred with my son (my first vbac) my doctor didn't want me going much past 40 weeks.  I was 3cm at 39 weeks so we did membrane sweeps hoping to get things moving on their own and they didn't so she ended up inducing me at 40+3.  I think I would have gone into labor that day on my own because I walked in to be induced at 6cm and they broke my water.  It was a quick and easy birth.  

This is is my second vbac and I have a new doctor that says she will let me go to 41 weeks.  

I I think putting a 39 week deadline of going into labor on your own is kind of unfair.  Not many people go that early. Unless there is a real medical reason to be induced or do a c section that early of course.  
  • Options
    kdanjoukdanjou member
    @waiting4fred The doctor told me she was fine with waiting up until 41 weeks for my VBAC.  I think it all depends on the individual case since we all had different reasons for getting c-sections last time.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    I went a week over and had to be induced on the 8th day. My second, my water broke on the 6th day over due. I didn't go into labor though, so still had to have pitosin. Very curious how this one plays out. 
  • Options
    onaedonaed member
    edited May 2017
    @Waiting4Fred My CS is scheduled for 39+6, if he comes earlier I will try for a VBAC. My first came at 39 +1. My doc doesn't want me past my due date.