Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

WTO Wednesday 5/10

Month/Cycle:

CD:

WAYDTGKU:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours starting NOW, what song would you pick?
Me: 29 | DH: 29
Married 12/2016
DSS born 01/2016
TTC since 01/2017
Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

Re: WTO Wednesday 5/10

• Options
    pebbledampebbledam member
    edited May 2017
    Month/Cycle: 5/4

CD: 20

WAYDTGKU: PNV BBT CM OPK HIO IVI?

R/R: This is a really personal story and it's full of TMI: MH has a long-established issue with delayed ejaculation (DE) and cannot finish during sex. He always has to finish manually, so you can see how this is an issue while TTC. We thought we could make it work, but it's not going well and I have been doing a lot of reading about at-home IVI and I think that it might be worth a shot because at this point it would give us a better chance than our current method. Right now we are lucky if we manage to get in one successful HIO per FW. DH and I talked yesterday and I think he's coming to terms with the fact that having this big, passionate moment of conception probably isn't in the cards for us. And as you all know, TTC sex gets tedious even if you aren't dealing with the added complication of DE. At-home IVI isn't the most scientific of the artificial inseminations, so I'm not if I would belong here anymore. This is such a strong community of scientifically-oriented people that DIY IVI seems pretty hokey in comparison.

CS/Q: nope

GTKY: I'm really digging "Say You Won't Let Go" by James Arthur right now.

ETA for clarification. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LadyMillil - GL at the doctor today. That don't Paris is catchy!
    @Mythril - Sorry about the food poisoning! I hope the movie was good!
    @50Wife - I promise that he's tried everything in his 11 years of sexual activity, which is why I don't bother asking for help there. But yeah, IVI is basically the turkey baster method (lol), but with a needless syringe so you have more control and less air bubbles.
    @BusinessWife - FX you hear back today about the position!
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    @pebbledam I'm sorry you're dealing with that. We actually have the same problem but we have come up with some tricks for it that have been successful. I wish you all the luck in figuring out something that works for you!
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @pebbledam I figured, but wanted to mention it anyway. 

@BusinessWife good luck. I hope you hear something soon!! 

@Dilynne I'm sorry about your sex situation. Hoping you guys can get back into the swing of things soon 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I should be here or the TWW thread today, so I'm just gonna stay here for now.

Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: HIO, bad charting

R/R: 

CS/Q: So I got my first ever positive OPK yesterday, and we hadn't done it in like a week because of a lovely bug that swept through my house the last few days. We managed to HIO last night, and will again tonight, but I'm not sure if we've already missed our shot? The nuances of timing/testing still escape me when it comes to O-ing, so any advice here is appreciated.

GTKY: If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours starting NOW, what song would you pick? Definitely Yorktown from Hamilton. I already listen to that an embarrassing number of times a day.
  • Options
    AliW220AliW220 member
    Month/Cycle: 2/2

CD: 3

WAYDTGKU: right now, just wine.

R/R: i literally JUST remembered I didn't temp this morning.

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours starting NOW, what song would you pick?
    I've had Beyonce's Flawless stuck in my head for a few hours now (thanks to an add for a shirt that said "I woke up like this"), and I'm kinda ok with it :) 
    Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    @Augusta108 - Sounds like you're getting close to O. The best time to test is really late morning/early afternoon as most women have their LH surge in the early hours of morning (while sleeping) , but it can't be detected in urine for another 6 hours or so. FX you get your blaring +OPK today!
    @Dilynne - Hopefully YH will feel up to it soon. I know it's been a hard month for you both. 
    @futuremrsbrian - I'm open to suggestions, but at this point it would have to be pretty outside-the-box. Feel free to PM if you aren't ready to disclose those intimate details in a public forum yet (I know you're new, so I don't want to scare you away). Since you haven't been charting long, you'll figure out the OPKs with a little practice, but a +OPK means you should O within the next 12-36 hours. HIO!
    @50Wife - I went back and read my comment and I realize that I sounded rather snippy. I'm sorry. I really do appreciate your feedback. I guess it's become a sore subject for MH and now me.

Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    50Wife50Wife member
    @pebbledam oh no not at all!! Just from stuff you've shared on here, I figured you've tried it all but I still felt the need to throw in my one piece of random advice just to double check! 
  • Options
    @kbamomma33. GREAT TUNE!!!  I feel that way about Freebird, too, except it was better when I was single ;)

Can you set an early temping alarm so get remember to take it at the same time every day? You can always sleep in later on the days you don't actually have to get up at that time.  Or use a fitbit vibrating alarm if that's better?
  • Options
    AliW220AliW220 member
    @pebbledam i'm sorry that you and YH are struggling. Do what you gotta do to get KU... at home IUI doesn't sound hokey at all. And i agree with the other ladies that you of course should still participate here. 

@LadyMillil GL at the US today, what a bummer it's during AF :(

@Mythril food poisoning is the WORST, hope you're feeling better today. Funny you mention two bathrooms... when we were apartment and house hunting, DH was like "we MUST have two toilets. I don't care where or how, but there has to be two"... for that exact reason LOL

@BusinessWife fingers and toes crossed that you hear back with good news on that job!

@kbamomma33  how cool your dad will be moving close! good luck with looking for homes for him :)

Me: 29  DH: 33
    Married April 1st 2017 <3
    DS #1: May 2009 
    DS #2: Jan 2012 

• Options
    Sorry to be a P&G today, we have department meetings all day today! But I have been reading everyones check ins and love titting them!

Month/Cycle: 8

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: PNV, BBT, OPK, HIO, Preseed

R/R: I woke up around 5 this morning before my alarm so I took my temp and then went back to bed. When went to check my thermometer this morning to log my time the temp was 90.39....yea thats not right. I was already moving around so I missed my temp for today. And I got a peak on my OPK so that makes me even more mad. 

CS/Q:

GTKY: If you had to listen to one song on repeat for 24 hours starting NOW, what song would you pick? I love Broadway and musicals, I would probably have to say The Phantom of the Opera. 
    BFP #1 1/4/14  |  Diagnosed with Trisomy 13 at 12 weeks 3/6/14  |  MMC 3/21/14  |   D&C 3/24/14
    BFP #2 7/1/14  |  DS born March 2015
    BFP#3 5/22/17 | MC 6/17/17 at 7w3d
  • Options
    Thanks so much to everyone for the encouragement/ advice about temping.

@BusinessWife Thanks for the suggestion about setting an alarm. I'm just going to do that so I know I'm getting it at the same time every day. Even if I do happen to get 30 mins less of sleep, I think it will be worth it and help me stress less.

@lund Sorry about CD1  <3

@mschanandlerbong1214 I'm so sorry about CD1 and also that you are having such a rough day. Hugs.

@Pinky917 Shut right up Cute Without the e (Cut From the Team) was MY JAM in high school! Great song. I love TBS and actually have that specific record on vinyl because it's one of my favorites. 

@elisek I'm laughing about you singing the scream part of that song. Also, *googles wearable bbt* 
  • Options
    @BusinessWife Woohoo!!! So happy for you!!!
  • Options
    Thanks for the encouragement ladies!  All your good juju must be workin, cos....

I GOT THE OFFER!!!!!  :D

Coverage should be effective July 1st so I really shouldn't have to push his procedure back too much at all, a month maybe.  I'll take it!!!!
    YASSSSSS SO GREAT!!! So happy for you! 

• Options
    Yay! Congrats @BusinessWife! So happy to see things looking up for you guys!
    Me: 32 DH:33
    Married 9/2015
    TTC #1 6/2016
    BFP: 4/21/2017 - CP
    Dx Unexplained IF 6/2017
    Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI 7/2017 - Cancelled (overstimulated)
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #1 - BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI #2 -BFN
    Letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI#3 - BFP! EDD July 15 2018
    Baby Girl H - July 22 2018

• Options
    vflux33vflux33 member
    @supercoolstephy Go HIO! I used this one and it turned out really well except if you don't stir constantly it will burn (and you can just add sugar to it if you want it to be less healthy): https://livinghealthywithchocolate.com/desserts/truly-sugar-free-strawberry-jam-2806/

@Sailing_Mama Sorry to see you're still my almost cycle buddy. 

@BusinessWife CONGRATS!!

• Options
    @kbamomma33 - Thank you for your kind words and encouragement. I usually take a break from temping until about CD8 or 9. Don't get discouraged! I work nights and have all the open circles, but I still see a temp shift after O!
    @doxiemoxie212 - I feel you on the allergies. I've cut back on my antihistamines because I was making zero CM, but now I'm also making lots of nasal mucas. Ugh!
    @lund - Men seriously don't get it sometimes. *hugs for CD1*
    @sunniegrly - I'm glad nothing is broken in your hand, but I must say your autocorrect does a pretty damn good job. I'm always arguing with mine. GL with your doctor's appointment! And thank you for the encouragement about our planned IVI. Truth be told, if my ex-wife and I had started TTC this is the method I would have wanted to use. 

I'll be back for more comments later. My bed is calling my name. 
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • Options
    *lurking from TWW*

Congrats @BusinessWife!!
    Me: 38 DH:39
    TTC #2 - August 2016
    MFI
    IUI #1-3 BFN 

Heart Mom - DS 3/15/13
    BFP 4/21/18 MMC 6/11/18
  • Options
    kiki75kiki75 member
    @pebbledam You gotta do what you gotta do. I wouldn't feel like you shouldn't be here. I do think that you may be able to visit other sites where you would find people with more experience with it but this is home. :)

@LadyMillil I've started keeping a puppy piddle pad tally. 

@futuremrsbrian The norm around here is to stay in WTO until FF gives you CH (aka an O date). Unless you trigger. Then you move over when you want. 

@Lund The only thing I have for you is to quit hiding how much the month after month is hurting you. It just takes them longer to get around to where we are. If you can set someone else up to be the nag, that is key. So if the RE can or I talked H into doing acupuncture and she did part of the nagging, too. He listens/minds it better and I'm not the b!¥€#.

Me: 34 DH: 38
    Married: June 2011
    TTC since Feb 2016
    BFP#1: 7/7/16 MMC: 8/16/16 
    BFP#2: 5/8/17 - CP
    BFP#3: 6/27/17 EDD: 3/10/18