Infertility

Vitex | Newbie

Hi all! I'm Jamie, 32. DH & I have been ttc #2 for going on 3 years. I was diagnosed with endo & adeno 2 years ago. I had a lap to remove lesions, which lessened my pain significantly. I've been nearly symptom free for over a year and have recently changed my entire diet / lifestyle and am down 40 lbs. 

We've decided to get more serious now after I've made so many changes. I'm having a blood draw at the end of the month to check my levels. 

More info, cycles are relatively normal. AF is always heavy, always painful. ***Trigger warning *** I had MC last July but haven't had any luck of a sticky bean since. 

Just recently started taking 500 MG daily of Vitex, I've heard / read good things. Anyone have any experience with the herb? 

Re: Vitex | Newbie

• adiratadirat member
    @Jayleareid Hi! Sorry you find yourself here. I personally had a really negative experience with vitex and can't recommend it -- it caused me serious ovary/uterine pain and I had to stop after just a week. At the very least, I would strongly suggest waiting to start vitex until your blood draw so you have a "baseline." 

Are you seeing an RE? If you still haven't been able to conceive two years after your surgery, it's worthwhile to have a fuller workup done including an HSG or SHG (and have your husband's sperm checked, too). 

• Thanks @adirat! I'm sorry Vitex caused pain! That's pretty terrible. I haven't had any side effects yet, luckily. I have been to the RE, but unfortunately our insurance covers zero fertility treatments/ appointments. So we're sticking with my OBGYN to do some baseline tests at the end of the month. And yes, hubby's sperm testing is definitely on our list for sure