Severe Cramping? — The Bump
1st Trimester

Severe Cramping?

Currently around 5 weeks with my first visit next Tuesday for check up and ultrasound. I've had some kind of mild cramping every day, but also have some really severe cramping to the point I feel like I'm going to pass out, it's paralyzing. It's random and usually happens at least once a day, sometimes multiple times where I've literally had to just sit down on the floor where I'm at. The Dr. office said that as long as there was no bleeding, which there's not, that all was fine, but still worrying a lot since this is my first.

Re: Severe Cramping?

• wvugirl86 said:I
    Currently around 5 weeks with my first visit next Tuesday for check up and ultrasound. I've had some kind of mild cramping every day, but also have some really severe cramping to the point I feel like I'm going to pass out, it's paralyzing. It's random and usually happens at least once a day, sometimes multiple times where I've literally had to just sit down on the floor where I'm at. The Dr. office said that as long as there was no bleeding, which there's not, that all was fine, but still worrying a lot since this is my first.
    At this point,  I would trust what the doctors office says. You will be in soon and they will be able to tell you more then (possibly).  If the pain becomes persistent and/or you start bleeding, call them again for further advice.  
  • KLake42KLake42 member
    You've got the appointment coming up, so that should put your mind at ease.  The extreme pain must be worrying, and yeah, maybe it's normal or maybe it's not, but the ultrasound will give you the information you need.

I had cramping and spotting in week 5.  My HCG levels kept rising, so my doctor told me it was likely implantation cramps and bleeding, which I thought only happened before the missed period.  Apparently, the embryo continued burying itself deep in the lining for a week or so.  

I'm at 6 weeks now, and the cramping has eased up to just something mild, and spotting stopped.  I don't notice the mild cramps much because of the nausea, so at least there's that!
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Loading the player...
  • *Lurker* How's everything feeling? How did your appointment go?