July 2017 Moms
Options

*Sunday Ticker Change* May 7th

How far along are you?

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week?

Any new symptoms or changes?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

GTKY: What is your favorite meal to cook?
TTC history in spoiler
Me: 31 Him: 37
Married: Oct 2015
Baby G born June 2017
TTC#2: July 2018
BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

Re: *Sunday Ticker Change* May 7th

• Options
    How far along are you? 30 weeks!

How big is baby? Zucchini

Upcoming appointments this week? OB on Tues.

Any new symptoms or changes? Starting to see movements on the outside

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Steak, but grilled outside
  • Options
    lph4248lph4248 member
    How far along are you? 31 weeks, oh my.

How big is baby? Coconut or asparagus lol

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope, but I'm due for one every 2 weeks now

Any new symptoms or changes? Not since last week. But I've got my night sweats under control, so that's nice. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Rant: I'm just so annoyed by my restless legs when I'm trying to sleep. And waking up constantly to pee. Rave: I'm pretty sure I've felt hiccups a few of times now, and they've usually been in my lower abdomen. Last night they were really low and slightly to the left. This is pretty much the only real clue I have for her position since I have no idea what's moving where when she kicks/pushes/moves at other times. So I'm optimistic!

Learning to cook some go-to dishes is on my to-do list for adulthood. I can follow a recipe but DH and I eat the same things every day, and we each prepare our own food, so my cooking right now is limited to cooking chicken, boiling pasta, and sautéing veggies. Once we have a child that is starting to eat normal meals, we'll up our game. I've told DH he is going to be the grillmaster in our future life.
    ~DD arrived July 4, 2017~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 29 weeks

How big is baby? Gizmo!

Upcoming appointments this week? Not this week

Any new symptoms or changes? I've had a couple nights of really crazy movement this past week.
    Like 45 minutes of constant bouncing around.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Our new bed is getting delivered today! Switching from a queen to a king. So excited for all the room. 

I normally love to cook just about anything. That's been one of the very frustrating things with pregnancy, having an ambivalence towards cooking and what I eat. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 28 weeks

How big is baby? eggplant

Upcoming appointments this week? I just booked an elective u/s so I can take the big girls on Saturday. They are going to be so excited!

Any new symptoms or changes? She's head down now so I'm feeling her movements differently (she was transverse). I'm glad I can feel her all the time (anterior placenta), it eases my mind so much!

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

I'm so anxious about who will watch my girls during my c/s. I'm on care.com now but the process of interviewing is so overwhelming and using someone regularly to let the kids get to know them is so expensive. I've also never left them with anyone but my in laws for more than an hour or two. I'm going to be going into surgery freaking out about whether or not they made it to camp safely. Ugh. 

GTKY: What is your favorite meal to cook? n/a i have never enjoyed a single episode of cooking lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    BusyZeeBusyZee member
    How far along are you?
    29 weeks! 

How big is baby? 
    Acorn Squash!

Nope

Bouts of Sleepiness and Euphoria(is this a thing?!) 

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Rants: when am I going to start nesting?! I'm so lazy I want my h to do everything. But I'm not making any real effort myself.
    Raves: stroller, car seat, and crib are all here!!! Eeee
    Never enjoy cooking, but I cook a lot and experiment a lot. Confusing relationship with cooking. Any dish that turns out delish and beautiful is my fav meal to cook. 
  • Options
    @nikkiandchris do your daughters have a childcare provider you can ask? 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 32 weeks!

How big is baby? Squash

Upcoming appointments this week? None till 5/30

Any new symptoms or changes? Contractions have stepped it up a notch. 

Rants/Raves/Questions? Meh, people are super annoying (which means MY hormones are going cray)

GTKY: What is your favorite meal to cook? Tacos... quick, easy, yummy and everyone gets to personalize their plate!
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    manillabarmanillabar member
    edited May 2017

How far along are you?  32 weeks! It just dawned on me that I could have a baby in as soon as six weeks  :o

How big is baby?  a squash

Upcoming appointments this week? Growth scan on Tuesday and OB appt on Wednesday 

Any new symptoms or changes? Nothing really new, lots of hip and pelvis pain, occasional lightning crotch, and my feet have been blowing up lately 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  we moved yesterday! I'm exhausted but happy to be in our new place.

GTKY: 
    Its probably cheating since the crock pot does all the work but I like to make slow-cooker ribs, usually with corn on the cob and sometimes also roasted potatoes- or broccoli if we're trying not to eat all the carbs. 

@carol113 I'm jealous of your king bed! H and I want one but I don't think it'll fit well in our current bedroom.

edited to add baby size
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    @nikkiandchris do your daughters have a childcare provider you can ask? 
    No just me. It would be easier if it weren't summer because at least the big one could take the bus to school and the little one's school isn't too far. Camp requires some driving and that makes me doubly nervous.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I need to go back and look for @OperaSingerMommy's recipe!
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017

• Options
    Here you go!  (Credit goes to my college roommate Betty who stole it from her mom)

Cook 1 box (1lb) of ziti
    Mix with: 1 egg, 1 pint ricotta cheese, 1/2 bag (1/4 lb) parmasean cheese, 1 bag (1lb) mozzarella cheese (save a handful)
    Layer in a baking pan with a jar of tomato sauce and sprinkle remaining mozzarella on top
    Bake at 350 for 20 minutes
    You can add chicken, beef, broccoli, or anything your creative heart desires.  Easy peesy, cheap, and feeds at least 6-8 people.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    29 weeks

How big is baby? 
    The size of Gizmo from Gremlins.

Third trimester check up and hopefully going back to physical therapy.

Nothing new.  I still feel like I have a pinched nerve in my back.  Schedule conflicts have caused me to miss two weeks of physical therapy so I still haven't had a chance to ask my PT about it.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Today we had a private tour of this really cool art exhibition in town.  It was set up through this social club DH and I belong to, and it was supposed to be just the two of us.  Ten minutes in, this guy just randomly joined our tour... which would have been fine except he would not stop making self-satisfied noises when the tour guide was talking.  In this really pretentious way, he would say things like, like "Mmmhmmm."  "Wow." "Oh of course!"  "Yeah" "Oh yes, definitely I see that"  "Right right"  every other second as the tour guide talked.  I wanted to punch him in the face. 

Pasta with homemade sauce with italian sausage.  it's so easy, and DH loves it.
  • Options
    @OperaSingerMommy thanks!  Our church is doing a meal train for this couple that just had their baby the other day, and I couldn't figure out what to make. Maybe I'll give this a try!

@twinkiedoll that guy sounds really annoying... for some reason I'm imagining him to have a really nasal-y voice, too lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Baby G born June 2017