Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekend Randoms

JennyColadaJennyColada member
edited May 2017 in Babies on the Brain
Can I get a Weekend thread going to keep my mind off of my obsessive symptom spotting. *lol*

Anything that anyone is looking forward to or dreading this weekend?

GTKY: What is your favorite candy/sweet?

Re: Weekend Randoms

• Options
    I am going to dinner with my BFF after work, so that is very excited! Hopefully we have time to go to Starbucks (2-for-1 fraps!) as well! Tomorrow DH and I are taking my parents to brunch for an early mother's day.

My favorite candy is probably a Payday bar, or the maple chocolate chips from See's. Love them both!
  • Options
    I have a ridiculous amount of laundry and cleaning to do... I'm currently bumping in my pjs on the couch. It's not going well.

I'm debating on getting my haircut tomorrow. It's getting long and hard/annoying to take care of. If DH doesn't work, I may go tomorrow while DS is napping. 

I like Snickers or Take 5. Now I'm craving both!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130: Oooo haircuts! I almost had a GTKY question about "what hair style would you pull off if you could?" I'm seriously contemplating an asymmetrical bob (right now my hair is just long and all one length), but idk if I could pull it off and worry it will look too "mom". What kind of style are you thinking of going for?
  • Options
    Hiii!! @Jennycolada Starbucks sounds good! I don't do coffee but I love the creme fraps and I haven't had one in a LONG time!

@JNCPro3130 haircut days are the best. I'm trying to grow mine out so I totally understand the urge to chop it all off.

I'm meeting up with some friends for drinks tonight and hanging out with H tomorrow. I'm looking forward to all of it and dreading nothing. Cleaning and laundry should happen, but they just aren't going to and I'm fine with that.

Candy? Snickers. Yummmmm.
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: Vanilla bean crème Frappuccino with 2 pumps of raspberry syrup. Yummmm.
  • Options
    @JennyColada craving a frappe' now thanks lol and I'd go full on pixie hair but my stylist told me I don't wear makeup often enough so I'd look boyish(she's right and knows me well after 12 years)
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses have fun out with your friends 

The best parts of my weekend are over TBH. I had a fun hike with my geology class this morning then a play date and lunch with a mom we haven't seen in a few weeks. And yesterday I met my BFFS new baby, who gave us quite the scare at birth. I'm hoping I feel well enough to play a game or something with DH after DS is in bed tonight.
    Im dreading most the rest of weekend because I really need to buckle down on home work and I'm just so tired of it.

GTKY:First off candy is divided into categories; yes I love candy that much 
    Chocolate-Whatchamacallit bar
    Chewy-Starburst or Jelly Beans
    Hard-Jolly Ranchers
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Options
    @JennyColada This is what I'm thinking. I'd be cutting probably 5 inches off. My philosophy is that it's just hair. I can always just grow it back out if I don't like it. 

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JennyColada - yay for bff time, and for brunch tomorrow! Yummy. 
    @JNCPro3130 - motivation is so hard to find on a Saturday! Hope you at least enjoyed your down time. 
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - love you're dreading nothing about your weekend! Enjoy!
    @kindbytealikat - yay for friend time and hiking! Hope you can blitz through the homework and just put it behind you. 

I took some playtime today - got a facial and then some target practice with DH. Home with kitties now but need to do at least 3 hours of work tonight. Tomorrow is errands and work (plus the exercise I didn't have time to do today). 

Fave candy bar: Reese peanut butter cups or milk chocolate m&m's. 

*TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 that's a cute style!! I had been growing mine out forever and recently chopped off probably about 10 inches or so. I hated losing all that hard work, but it needed cut. It's so much healthier now! And easy to deal with. Mine comes just below my shoulders, so only a couple inches longer than that picture.
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses have fun tonight!!

Not really much going on for me this weekend. We helped friends move today. And by we I mean that I helped corral the three babies while the guys moved everything. 

I recently discovered Caramel M&Ms and they're AMAZING!!! I'm not super picky with candy though, as long as it doesn't contain coconut!!
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93, thanks! I'm hoping I get time tomorrow. 10 inches is a lot! Had you been growing it out for awhile? I can't remember the last time I got mine even trimmed. It's looking terrible!

Let's talk about these caramel M&Ms! Where did you get them?!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JennyColada Have a good time with your BFF! I'm not a fan of Starbucks. They only have a couple of things I actually like (hot chocolate, caramel apple cider, and strawberry lemonade).

@JNCPro3130 Laundry and cleaning both suck. I did all of our laundry yesterday and am going to be working on cleaning for the next few days. Hopefully you'll get to get your hair cut! The picture you posted looks like a nice style!

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses Have a great time!

@kindbytealikat Your last couple of days sound good :) Did you and your DH get to play a game?

@catlady2015 Target practice?

@CecilB93 Moving is never enjoyable, whether it's your own move or helping someone out. I tried the caramel M&Ms. Wasn't really enthused by them. @JNCPro3130, I found them at Walgreens.

Today I made a cake just because I felt like it. Beyond that, it's been a pretty easy day, since my lower back was bothering me. We were going to go see Guardians of the Galaxy tonight, but DH got off work two hours late and has to be at work two hours early tomorrow, so it wasn't going to happen. Maybe Tuesday after my doctor appointment.

I agree with @kindbytealikat, candy needs to be sorted in order to say your favorite kind :D I like just about anything with caramel, though.

Chocolate - Milky Way, Twix, Ghirardelli squares, Dove, Godiva
    Gummy - Sour Patch watermelon, wild berry Life Savers, Sour Punch straws
    Chewy - Werther's soft caramels, Riesen, pink and red Starburst
    Hard - Werther's hard caramels, Jolly Ranchers, Blow Pops
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 I had it trimmed every few months, but hadn't truly gotten it cut in probably 2-4 years. Can't really remember, haha. 

And I saw the M&Ms at HyVee (I don't think HyVee is a local thing? If it's local to me, then it's just a grocery store. I lose track of what is/what isn't...lol)
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93 I think HyVee is just midwestern. Iowa, Mo are the main where are you? I'm in MO

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    CecilB93CecilB93 member
    edited May 2017
    @kindbytealikat KC, MO. I figured it was local-ish, haha

eta tag
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @JennyColada- I hope you have fun! Now I want Starbucks :/ Ours is on the other side of town though. I am going to have to try th Vanilla bean with the raspberry - that sounds amazing
    @JNCPro3130 - I hear ya on the house work. I am so behind because this week was crazy! I told myself I would start cleaning this morning. So far I have l done nothing productive at all besides take the dog out.
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - I am so glad to hear you don't do coffee - sometimes I feel like the only grown up on the planet who doesn't drink coffee. I love their vanilla bean Frapps though! Sounds like you have a nice weekend planned :)
    @catlady2015 - That sounds like a busy weekend! Good for you for trying to get that workout in. I have been so bad about working out lately.
    @CecilB93 - I need to try these Carmel M&Ms you speak of - YUM!
    @dreamscapes_ What kind of cake did you make?

I am currently growing out a pixie cut. It feels like it is taking forever!!
    My favorite candy? All candy?! I have a serious sweet tooth. I love Dove milk chocolate, milky ways, Twix for gummy candy - I like sour patch water melon. Movie candy - twizzlers
     My weekend went by waaay too fast! DH was out of town and comes back today. The boys went to grandmas Friday night. I worked all day on grad school stuff Saturday, now I'm just relaxing. I should be cleaning and organizing for the week ahead but - eh 
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter We can be movie buddies. I cannot go to the movies and not get twizzlers.. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ We got one game of Dominion in so that was fun. We played with some cards that are new to me and I did not work them well and got my butt kicked LOL. I was to exhausted from my migraine earlier in the day to play another after that. 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat ah I love Dominion! Have you played Munchkin? Another favorite of mine!

@JNCPro3130 I have that same philosophy with hair. And that style is CUTE! We demand pictures!

@dreamscapes_ Mmmm I like Worther's, and I've never met anyone else under 60 who does too LOL. My bff is always making fun of me for liking it!
  • Options
    @JennyColada we have 4(?) versions of munchkin. We play that one with the step kids a lot 

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @glitzandglitter Chocolate with chocolate buttercream! And oh, I forgot about Twizzlers. Those are good!

@kindbytealikat I've never actually played Dominion! Migraines are awful. I hope yours didn't come back.

@JennyColada Never played Munchkin, either! I see it at the comic shop all the time, but we've never played. And there's nothing wrong with liking Werthers! There's actually a whole shop at Epcot that sells freshly made candies with Werthers caramel. I absolutely love it, every time I go to Epcot, I have to stop there.

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ - target shooting with a pistol. We try to go once a week, it's a hobby H and I do together!
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ that sounds AMAZING!!
  • Options
    @catlady2015 That was what I thought, but I wanted to make sure! Have fun with that :)

@glitzandglitter It's pretty good! I make my buttercream from scratch, but the cake was from a mix.
  • Options
    @JennyColada I never knew you could add raspberry!  <3 that sounds so good!
    @dreamscapes_ I saw Guardians this weekend, it was awesome! I hope you get to see it soon!
    @glitzandglitter yayyyy another no coffee person! I tried to force myself in college and just didn't like it. I more than make up for the habit with a diet coke addiction  :D
    @glitzandglitter & @kindbytealikat Twizzlers are a go to road trip candy for me!