Weekend Randoms: 5/6-5/7

DS1: Nov. 2013
DS2: Jan. 2016
DS3: Dec. 2017
Baby #4 on the way!

Re: Weekend Randoms: 5/6-5/7

• Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    Getting ready to start packing up our house today! But first: donuts. For those who've moved with littles, how did you explain what's going on? Any other tips?
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    missblazemissblaze member
    edited May 2017
    @KatieEl We moved when DD was 2. It was probably a bit different because we built a house so she was able to see the progression and go inside. 

We talked a lot about her new room and the new play room. I tried to get her excited for it. 

I use Hypnobabies! http://www.hypnobabies-store.com/link.cgi?affiliateID=472

J18 December Siggy Challenge: Christmas Movies!

Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: 1/6/2018
    Eva Jane: 7/23/2014

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @KatieEl Did you already find a new home, or are you just beginning the packing process?

I'm going out to lunch with my best friend today who is due in July! She was very supportive during my TTGP journey and was probably more excited than me when I first found out I was KU lol.

• Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @darkrose88 how fun!!! What a great friend! We haven't found the house yet, I narrowed it down to four I like and DH hopefully will like one of them when we go out tomorrow. We're just starting the packing process now, to make it easier later and help with staging.
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    MeggsMMeggsM member
    @KatieEl we moved when Dd was 16 months ish? She came with us to see the house and helped pick out her room colour. Hers was also the first room to be "done". Bed, furniture and clothes all unpacked and put away and painted and decorated first. It gave us a calm place for her to go in all the unpacking clutter. 

She also stayed with her grandparents while we wete moving and came for the beer and pizza after to get used to stuff before bed and look around. 

Also if uou have a but of time before you move Usborne books (and some others) have great life moments books for kids - my first new house, first trip to the dentist etc. My friend found those quite helpful. Good luck!
  • Options
    @KatieEl good luck with the packing!

@darkrose88 enjoy :) so exciting!

DH is taking DD out for a bit this morning so I can have the apartment to myself. I don't know what to do! Usually I'd take a steaming hot bath, but that's out. At least I'll be able to drink my coffee while it's still hot.
  • Options
    @KatieEl - 1. watching Parks and Rec right now. 2. Just ate a donut.

Sending good ju ju to all the ladies this weekend. Hope everyone is in good spirits and getting to enjoy a little break at some point. ❤️
  • Options
    AnyMaxAnyMax member
    So. Touched. Out.

• Options
    @KatieEl We just bought our house at the end of March, and it was a fun but stressful experience. My favorite part was by far looking at all the houses! Hopefully you find the one tomorrow! :)
  • Options
    I just peed on my last stick left in the box. I need to not buy any more, guys!! Hopefully my extreme laziness will just keep me home from the store.
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    thanks @darkrose88 I sure hope so!

@AnyMax i feel that So. Dang. Much.

We ended up driving all over looking at houses and neighborhoods this morning, which I think was really helpful actually and have really paired down our list for tomorrow.  Getting excited and hopeful! 
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @schaze I have about four pee sticks sitting on my bathroom counter.. kinda gross but I can't get rid of them because it's all I have that the sprinkle exists! 
  • Options
    KatieElKatieEl member
    @Baby_is_coming i totally have a digital one sitting out on my counter! The only thing keeping me from peeing on even more sticks!
    Baby #4 on the way!
  • Options
    @baby_is_coming I have 4 of them on my bathroom counter. I stare at how the lines got darker from day to day and it almost makes me feel like this is happening lol.  When we have our parents over on Friday I'll have to throw them away I think 

Together Let Us Seek the Heights

• Options
    KLake42KLake42 member
    I had to go ahead and toss my first pee stick-- it had faded so much. But I have handfuls of wondfos, and may be in the habit of peeing on them from time to time...
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• Options
    makstewmakstew member
    All of my positive tests have the date and how many dpo I was written on the back, in a little ziplock baggie under the bathroom sink :) no shame, I like proof. I actually carried my digital test in my purse until the battery died!  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @schaze totally not gross.  I have 4 or 5 in my bathroom drawer that I keep looking back at during every bathroom break.  Like you said, its all we have to prove its real for now!
  • Options
    I kept my first real positive In my purse the day I found out. I had to keep looking at it!
    I've taken pics of the ones I had since to see the line getting darker. Ttook one this morning....the line was darker than the control finally! No shame here either. 

• Options
    rissa06rissa06 member
    So hid the pee stick in my pencil box (side pocket) I don't use. I haven't told DH yet.  Scared / want complete confirmation I guess that this is for real.

on a side note, spent all day with my son at a swim meet in the pouring rain.   It never rains but today was so unprepared for the cold and wetness that followed.