August 2017 Moms

FFFC 5/5

Post your confessions here 
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: FFFC 5/5

• My husband's not home for a few days and I can now fart loudly, wherever, whenever.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • With all the random complications/ possible complications that have popped up I honestly don't know if I want to bother to attempt to breastfeed.  It was an absolute nightmare the first time around as recovery was rough, had PPD and my milk never fully can in.  After 6 months of pumping I gave up since I was breaking down.  Not sure I can go through that again.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • TRA0816TRA0816 member
    With all the random complications/ possible complications that have popped up I honestly don't know if I want to bother to attempt to breastfeed.  It was an absolute nightmare the first time around as recovery was rough, had PPD and my milk never fully can in.  After 6 months of pumping I gave up since I was breaking down.  Not sure I can go through that again.
    I am in the same boat. Trying to breastfeed my first was a nightmare. I had "inverted nipples" and managed to pump about 8 oz before my milk went away. I also struggled with PPD. Formula was a life saver. I am still open minded about the option of breastfeeding but just assume that I will have another formula baby.
  • @Lauradi1010 I'm a FTM and feel that way already  :#
  • emmeline714emmeline714 member
    edited May 2017
    I am excited today is friday but the weekend just goes by too quick we have a busy weekend and Monday and Tuesday DH will be out of town for work. I am dreading it because that means I have to change poopy diapers :neutral:

Also about breastfeeding I failed the first time as pretty much the lactation consultant at the hospital was an old hag that told be I was never going to breastfeed as I started baby girl on formula when she came out do to me loosing so much blood giving birth to her I was exhausted and the nurses were to busy as the hospital was packed with many pregnant women and were unable to help me out as far as me wanting to breastfeed that is why the damn hospital plan was epic fail to me because everything went out the window.... I want to attempt this time around but I know if I get that old hag again I am going to snap out. She did not care for shit and the following day I asked for someone to come try and see that I was doing it alright and she popped up and was just standing there and just walked away and left without saying nothing.
  • LSP87LSP87 member
    I'm pissed off that my city's baseball and basketball teams are doing well because this means a bunch of idiots who don't know how to drive downtown make my drive home hell. I am unashamed to say that I hope the Astros AND the Rockets eat shit and suck forever. I also don't care for the Texans but I like JJ Watt. I am a Scrooge.
  • @mrsmatt1212 Please don't feel that way!

Which inspires my FFFC, I hate when people talk negatively about breastfeeding. 
  • My FFFC, I love to watch Dr. Pimple Popper!  I dont care for the really nasty stuff, or the things that arent popping zits, but I love watching a good black head get popped!  
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • tova24tova24 member
    I am mentally checked out today. I'm at work but just don't feel like doing shit!
  • @tova24 Me, too. I'm struggling to work on paperwork that needs to be done. I'd rather be napping.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @SpotConlon I'm eating m&ms and counting down the hours
  • Kudlica27Kudlica27 member
    edited May 2017
    @tova24 & @SpotConlon Is it raining where you are? That makes it hard for me to work. (It's raining here right now)
  • @Kudlica27 The better question is, is it never not raining where I am? (Answer: it was sunny for like one day this week...and then we had a huge rain storm.)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    I just had a horrific thing happen! We had a cinco de Mayo potluck at our office (I ate too much and am sleepy) and it just came up. I puked in my trash can at my desk, ran to the bathroom and puked so hard I peed myself. And no, I don't have a spare pair of undies with me. 
  • Oh @tova24 Im so sorry! I hope you were able to go home, and that you are feeling better! 
    **TW Loss/pregnancy mentioned**
    Married: 7/21/12
    BFP: 5/30/16 and MC on 7/6/16
    BFP: 12/4/16 Due 8/8/17 -- Its a boy! Born 8/14/17
    BFP: 5/19/19 and MC on 5/27/19
    BFP: 6/24/19, MC on 7/24/19
    BFP: 10/24, no heartbeat on 11/27, D&C 12/2
    Officially diagnosed with Secondary infertility and recurrent miscarriage
    IVF started Feb 2020
    retrieval and PGT testing: 18 retrieved, 17 mature, 16 fertilized, 9 to blast, 8 PGT normal.
    Transfer #1: June 14, 2020
    Mommy to a super cute havanesse puppy and baby boy! 
  • NxyNxy member
    @Nxy, I second this as well.

I would like to add if your kid is sick do not send them to the play cafe/ indoor playground, spraypad, gym, school, daycare, sports, dance class, etc.
    I UO'd or FFFC'd this a few months ago and more than one person was like "oh well I'm an asshole and do not care if you're kid gets sick from mine" (ok so those weren't their exact words but I'm paraphrasing)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Nxy omg, why do people do that? 
  • @Nxy YES! like what are people thinking? and for the bringing the sick kids places, I don't even have kids yet and that makes me angry! Like you can't send them to daycare/school with certain conditions- don't bring them to my nieces birthday party!
    TW: 
    1 infant loss
    8/17: Our daughter was born
    8/18: Our daughter kicked open heart surgery ass
    2/19: We lost our son to Prader-Willi/Paradoxical Vocal Cord/ Noonans at 6wks old 
    4/26/2020: EDD for baby #3!!!
  • @tova24 I'm so sorry..that sounds horrific. Hope you can relax tonight.

@Nxy That would seriously piss me off. Send some flowers and call it a day. No one will be upset that you didn't visit with f-ing PNEUMONIA 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ^ except that is more of a UO, so my confession is I took my son to the taco shop and got myself a burrito twice the size of my face and almost ate the whole thing. I still feel sick. 

Oh and I bought all new dishes today for no other reason than I'm nesting and I needed something new and pretty in my cabinets. 
  • @taylormarie923 I agree that the struggles should be talked about! I openly share my struggles, especially since I went on to nurse for 21 months. Thankfully, I had people to share their struggles with me (along with encouragement and suggestions.) I just find that a lot of people make negative statements about nursing and if I made the same statements about formula, it wouldn't be taken so well. I have even found when I make a positive statement about breastfeeding, the response is "fed Is best." (Even though I never state otherwise) 
  • I really don't like tacos that much. Even on cinco de mayo. 
    Chips and salsa though - so yummy! 
  • We are buying a used car seat from friends for this LO. They are a very trusted source and have hardly used them in the year their twins were born. They have a nanny who doesn't take the girls anywhere. I have no shame in this. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• lewlivlewliv member
    I'll use my pregnancy as an excuse to avoid a business trip. I feel good, midwife ok'ed my trips but... I just spent 14hs in a plane. It will take another 6hs before I get home. I won't be home for even 24hs as tomorrow I fly to Las Vegas. In 2wks I'm going to San Diego and in 4wks I'm supposed to go to Orlando. I just can't... I'm sitting on the airport planning on emailing my boss and asking her to reassign the Orlando trip to someone else. I feel bad because I already have people covering me from mid June to November but I'm just so damn tired of planes and airports. 
  • There are 2 hospitals in my town and they are merging this year. The "community hospital" just voted to shut down all OB services, meaning 100% of births will happen at the formally-private hospital. Because my husband works at the private hospital and is Native Alaskan, (I'm considered "non-Native OB" aka "sacred vessel for Native offspring") I've been able to use its services for the first time in my life. Now I'm feeling snotty because I was going to have the whole OB floor to myself around my due date, but it's now the only option in town. 
  • @Lauradi1010 sounds like the old hag I had she straight shut me down and then later my nurse whom checked up on me told me we can put a complaint in because that discouraged me from BF and I was milking like a damn cow and had milk coming out but than it completely stop which all i could hear was her damn words, I told my nurse I would not complain because half of my complaint would have been cursed out to full potential it just upset me and made me feel a failure but I am attempting with this baby see how it goes.