Dropping progesterone on suppositories — The Bump
1st Trimester

Dropping progesterone on suppositories

Hello ladies,
hoping to find some reassuring answers here. I've been on progesterone suppositories since about 5 weeks as my level dropped to 19 and my doctor likes it 20 and above, it was 25 a week prior to that. Anyway the week after I started them my level went to 41, a week later 33, and now this week it's 28! I had a viability scan last week (7 weeks) which showed a perfect little baby right on track with a nice strong heartbeat! I'm really worried about my progesterone dropping even though I have been on the suppositories and take them twice a day as prescribed (200mg) anyone here have their levels keep dropping and go on to have a healthy baby? Thanks in advance :smile:

Re: Dropping progesterone on suppositories

• Hi,
       I'm not going to be much help, but I go crazy too because my progesterone has been all over the place too.  My clinic likes it at least 30 or 40, and I have been anywhere between 51-123!!!  I am 10 weeks, and this week was my lowest at 51, which makes me nervous too.  I took crinone, but I had an awful, awful allergic reaction.  Now I am taking suppositories 400mg twice a day.  When it was the highest I was on crinone twice a day and an oral 200mg pill.  I saw a heartbeat at 7 weeks and 9 weeks, so why do I still worry?  It's what we do.  The nurse told me it's fine, but I still drive myself crazy.
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Thanks for responding. I know I think I will continue to worry no matter what! I had a loss in January and I think that's why I'm more worried. I was on progesterone with that one too but I was bleeding the last time as well. My nurse said it's normal for progesterone to fluctuate but it's dropping with each week!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yea, I can't make sense of it either!  I know it is normal to fluctuate, but somehow I don't believe it lol
    Me: 33, DH: 40
    July 2016: IVF #1 (froze embryos)
    Aug. 2016: Hysteroscopy to remove a few polyps & Laparoscopy
    Oct. 2016: FET #1 BFN
    Nov. 2016: FET #2 BFP (ended in CP)
    March 2017: IVF #2 Fresh Transfer of 2 Blasts = BFP!!! (EDD: 11/27/17)
    Froze 5 Blasts
    DS born on 11/2/17!!!  
    Back to try for Baby #2 :)

• Lol me too!