August 2017 Moms

Moving!!!

so we started the process in January of buying a new home. The owner has had to extend the contract 3 times now and I am getting so stressed about being able to finish the home and get moved in before baby gets here. The owner/builder had things he was finishing then we are doing floors, cabinets, etc... he is procrastinating and bring a pain in the butt and now we have a contract on our current home, contingent on our new home being completed. I have most things packed away from DD1 so I still need to go through and see what I have and organize everything. My daughter came 6 weeks early and I have trouble with preterm labor so I'd like to be in and settled by 30 weeks which is 4 weeks, I don't see that happening. The stress is killing me! 

Re: Moving!!!

• I'm sorry to hear that. If I were you, I'd be getting the attorneys involved (not sure on your state but in my state the attorneys manage everything from offer acceptance through closing). I'd have my attorney threaten the other with cost compensation or something in order to get him to stop procrastinating, particularly because your selling is contingent on your buying! Even the easiest real estate transactions are still stressful. 

(P.S. This type of post is often very welcome in the weekly random thread.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Try not to stress.  We moved into our house while I was on bed rest and 5 days before I was induced with DS1.  I was being monitored a lot with the possibility of being sent to L&D if my BP was too high or other things didn't look good.  We didn't think I'd make it to move in day. It was a crazy time, but it all worked out in the end.  Good luck!  I hope you're able to get into your house soon.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers