Trouble TTC

Moving forward

I had my phone consult with the NP for the RE earlier today, and she ordered day 3 bloodwork for me and a SA for hubby. I have spotting today which means AF is inevitable to start tonight or tomorrow, so it was great timing.

We have our first consult with the actual RE on the 23rd. I'm surprised (but not complaining!) that we were able to get an appointment that soon. 

Turns out I really didn't need a lot of info for the phone consult, but was advised to bring my family medical history with me on the 23rd. I advised her I had childhood cancer and radiation to my abdomen and that there was cancer in my family. The NP said the only real concern was if there was breast or ovarian cancer in my family which unfortunately was present in two of my great aunts on my maternal side. 

Trying to continue to remain positive and optimistic and hope we will get some answers.

Re: Moving forward

• @brittlefebvre Good luck at your appointment! Awesome that they are able to get you in so soon. We were just scheduled for mid-June. I'm not sure if you're feeling the same way, but I feel scared that 1. they won't find anything wrong and we will just be sent on our way and 2. of what they will find. Not sure if that makes any sense!
  • @msstephanielynn Absolutely that makes sense. I'm trying to be positive but I don't think anything seriously wrong... I just strongly believe I'm not ovulating. I used to get the twinges in my right side maybe every other month that were about halfway through my cycle, but those stopped probably after the beginning of this year... It's hard because my mom had slight endo, a tilted cervix and I have a past history with cancer to my abdomen so all kinds of things are swirling through my head. *sigh* 

Good luck on yours too! I know it's not easy to try to remain optimistic. Having little support is making it hard for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • @brittlefebvre - FX you get answers soon, and that they put you on a treatment plan!

• brittlefebvrebrittlefebvre member
    edited May 2017
    @funkykey Thank you! Me too. AF started today which means bloodwork Monday and hubby's SA Tuesday. And after that then it's one week till the consult! I've been putting cocoa butter lotion on my scar on my stomach as a precaution.  :D
  • @brittlefebvre I'm sorry that you haven't had much support. Hopefully you feel welcome and supported here :)
  • @msstephanielynn I definitely do! It's nice to have people to talk to who can relate completely. That's why only one friend of my SO knows about us going through this because they went through it as well. His friends fiancee is actually who I've been talking to a lot about it and she even offered to go to tests or treatments with me if I didn't want to be alone or my SO couldn't make it.