TTC After a Loss

Based on your experience... (TW loss mentioned)

edited May 2017 in TTC After a Loss

OK ladies. Yesterday I met with my OB/GYN to discuss my MMC (d&c) and 2 CP's. He said that he would run some tests and refer me to infertility (RE). So I will go in for the tests that my OB/GYN will order to run when I'm ovulating ~2 weeks, but I guess my question is, instead of waiting until after we get these tests back, should I just go ahead and start appointments with infertility now? Wondering if they will use his test results or if they will want to re-run them at the same time of month and I will lose a cycle. What has been your experience? WWYD? Appreciate your input :)

PS - I really should have asked the timing of all this (when he was planning to refer me to infertility, before or after tests?) while I was there at the clinic, but I was quite nervous about it. Getting a hold of my OB/GYN is impossible outside of an appointment so I'm not able to call up and ask. Love my OB, hate his new office!

Re: Based on your experience... (TW loss mentioned)

• I didn't have tests done when I went to RE.  Only went because of my age.  However, when my OB gave me the referral she said it could take a while to get in to RE. It took about a month to get in 
  • SP128SP128 member
    Same with @Mack2342 my first testing was with re. I made it just in time for day 3 testing. I called to make an appointment mid feb and got in in march. Had day 3 testing and had follow up meeting mid April. I had an hsg to look at my tubes too in between the two appointments. So there's a whole process before I could even get a treatment plan
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Loading the player...
  • @Mack2342 and @SP128 thanks ladies. I'm glad you mentioned this. I called today and am scheduled in mid June. I think you saved me at least a cycle by calling now rather than waiting a few weeks for lab results. I would have never imagined it took that long to get in. 
  • Glad you called and got an appointment.  
  • SP128SP128 member
    @msstephanielynn  Glad you got an appointment.  Don't be afraid to call and ask to see if they have an earlier appointment or any cancellations.  My original follow up date was 4/24.  I called the day after I scheduled it and got 4/12.  Which clinic are you going to if you do not mind me asking?
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• @SP128 I should do that - good to know. I asked for the first available appointment. I'm going to Boston IVF. Maybe it's better this way so I can go away in June and actually do rides in Disney...