September 2017 Moms

PGAL check in 5/3

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

GTKY:  It's May!! Do you have a trip or anything fun planned for the summer? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check in 5/3

• jlf1019jlf1019 member
    How far along are you? 22 weeks, 2 days. 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Feeling good! Feeling lots of movement -- finally strong enough for my husband to feel, too. She was 14oz at our 20 week appointment, which they said is perfect. I'm just praying she decides to flip from breech to head down in the next 8-10 weeks. 

Busy! My work just hosted our largest fundraiser of the year last weekend, a Gala with 500 guests. It was exhausting being on my feet for so long, but a lot of fun. 

Any Questions? 

Not doing an official summer vacation, but my husband and I are going away this weekend together to a cabin in the Smoky Mountains -- Friday is our 5-year wedding anniversary. It will be the first time our 2 year old has spent the night at her grandparents (or anywhere without us...sad, I know). But I'm really looking forward to it! 
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 21+3

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Doing ok. No longer on bedrest or real restrictions, just a general order to "keep things sedentary." I go back in for another cervix check in two weeks, but so far it seems the progesterone is doing it's job, and keeping my cervix at it's current length. On a happier note, little man's kicks are getting stringer every day, and I felt one on the outside for the first time last night!

Everything is good, pretty status quo

Any Questions?  

If everything stays stable, I'll be making a trip to my hometown for a baby shower in mid-July. And DH and I want to take a weekend baby moon/anniversary trip in late June/early July, but haven't decided where yet. Somewhere beach-y where they'll bring me food and drinks all day while I read with my feet in the sand and/or in a pool would be preferable. :)  

• How far along are you?
    21+1, that feels so crazy to me for some reason.
    had a weird bp spike last night and maybe yesterday at work. It dropped back down to normal, but if happens again I'll call right away, otherwise I'll just talk to the doctor on Monday. 

Baby boy is kicking me pretty regularly, but I can't wait for DH to be able to feel it from the outside. I want to see his face :)

just work. The "big dogs" are still here (for our normal, scheduled audit), and everything I've heard says we're doing perfectly. But people are still stressed, and a little cranky.
    Any Questions? 

we have a memorial service back home in July, so rather than driving 5 hours each way for a weekend, we took Fri-Tues. It'll be nice to see family.
  • How far along are you?  22 weeks today! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?  She's moving around in there all the time, which is awesome. I've been having some pain today around my navel... hoping that's normal. 

16 school days until summer!!!!!!!! 

Any Questions? 

I SOOO badly want to go to the beach, but DH really needs to save his vacation days for the baby. :confused:

Pregnancy Ticker
  • ElleKHElleKH member
    How far along are you?  22+4

I had a wellness visit today, so I got to see our little girl on the ultrasound monitor. She had been active in the waiting room and was still throwing a little party during the exam. 

My 9-month-old puppy Eliška and I attended our first dog show training session this evening. The show's on Monday! I have no idea how that's going to go...

Any Questions? 
    STMs - Have you noticed differences in the activity levels of your babies in utero? I'm curious to hear them! My little man was super chill and didn't do much moving, but this LO already seems to be on the more active side.

We're planning to visit my family in the States in June, but we haven't bought plane tickets yet. Hubs is hoping for a last minute deal and I'm hoping that we don't miss our chance completely.
  • ElleKHElleKH member
    @HollyGolightly09 - My bellybutton is killing me! It happened last pregnancy too, but a bit later. Ouch! I feel your pain!
  •  ha
    18+5

Finally started feeling movement this week! So exciting. Saw them on Monday at my 18 week check up. They look awesome and the doc seemed excited seeing them move around too. I was laying down last night and felt them kicking so I put my hand on my belly and felt kicks on the outside!

DD has been sick, so we've had some lazy days. Hoping she starts to feel better soon. 

Any Questions? 

Yes! We are heading to Virginia at the end of the month. In June we are planning a trip to Cape May with DD and also a long weekend in Manhattan without DD. We are limited since I can't travel after June 16 (25 weeks), so trying to work out some stay-cations. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 19w2

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Really bad hip pain at night. Tired all the time. But starting to feel some baby pops. Makes me feel some better. As scan next Wednesday!

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life? Busy busy. Lots of work stuff. Anxiety *tw* my close friend just experienced a Mc at 14 weeks. I feel terrible for her. *end tw*

Any Questions? Nope. 

GTKY:  It's May!! Do you have a trip or anything fun planned for the summer? Nope :( wish I did

@cats*in*space congrats on turning in your last final. 

@mrs_tacos hooray for not being in bed rest. 

@jena333-2 I hope everything is okay with your bp. 

@hollygolightly09 you are almost done with school. Hooray

• @divinemsm620 congrats on a good scan and having a boy 
    @bigbadwolf12 sorry you are also having hip pain it sucks.  Hooray for 50% work
  • How far along are you? 20w,3d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Had our anatomy scan on Monday and everything looked good!

We're getting our house painted this week, and I've already posted about this on another thread, but unfortunately the grey looks purple. 

Any Questions? 
    This isn't so much a question, it just freaked me out. My lab was being all sweet and laying on me which she never does, and then she quickly gets up and steps hard and deep into my stomach. It hurt so bad! I know the baby is cushioned in there, but man it freaks me out!

We're going to the beach with my family in June, then I'll be getting my maternity leave lesson plans in order for 1st semester. 
  • @heatherwilson321 My husky did the same thing last week! I cried for about 20 minutes, and then realized little girl was still moving around like crazy. It's scary, though! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @heatherwilson321 hooray for a good ultrasound 
  • @Hopefulmommy1980 So sorry to hear about your friend.  Can't even imagine.

How far along are you?
    22w4d.  I'm starting to lose track!

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? Def feel some movement from time to time but know I would feel more if it weren't for the anterior placenta.  I wonder how that'll progress as baby gets bigger.

Had my first ever experience of jury duty yesterday and I didn't get selected as a juror, which made me very happy (case was an estimated 9-12 days long!).  Starting to think more about my baby shower, which is June 10th, and since June is a busy month I'm disappointed certain people can't make it, but that was inevitable.  Never had a shower before (no bridal shower), so it's a new experience for me.

Any Questions?
    Because of my anterior placenta and being a FTM I'm curious if/when I'll be able to see kicks on the outside, or just how things will progress in general (as I wrote above).  I'll ask my doctor at the next appointment (May 18), but curious about that...

I'm not doing much traveling this summer!  But I have a few visitors and I love Memorial Day Weekend, which is coming up.  I'm also going to be busy with work, extra tutoring, writing articles for a local newspaper, and prenatal yoga (which I LOVE so far!).
  • I feel like I just had about 10 Braxton hicks contractions in the past hour, which doesn't seem right for this point in the pregnancy. I'm 20w5d, and they're not painful, but it's definitely a tightening contracting feeling in my lower abdomen. I've read the most you're supposed to have at this stage is 2 a day. It's freaking me out, I wish it wasn't the weekend so I could call my doctor. From what I read online it sounds like it could be an indication of preterm labor soon.
  • @heatherwilson321 Does your Dr. not have an after hours number? If so, I would call... I'm not trying to make you more anxious, but I do think it's worth a call. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @heatherwilson321 Does your OB have an emergency or after hours line? If you're truly concerned it may be best to call them or go somewhere. If anything it'll give you peace of mind. FX everything is fine!!  <3
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I'm going to try to drink a lot of water and lay down to see if they go away first, if they don't go away in a few hours, I'm going to call. 
  • Heather. This is one of the things you are paying your doctor for. Just call.
  • @jena333-2 This is true, I don't know why whenever I call I feel like I'm bothering someone, I need to get that mentality out of my head. I'm about to call now.
  • She said to take a warm, not hot, bath, and to drink even more water, then if they keep getting more frequent to come in. So hopefully they go away.
  • Even if they go away, I think I'm still going to try to get an appointment for Monday. In the anxiety filled Google rabbit hole I fell into, I started to read about infections plus Group B Strep being linked to preterm labor, and after the infection I had last week, plus testing positive for group b strep with DS, I just want to get some stuff checked out.
  • Good! I'm so glad you called, and since your doctor is pretty relaxed about it, I hope that gives you some stress relief for the weekend. But I also think there's no harm in you going in on Monday. "Worst" case, you just get a nice check in with the babe. :)
  • mrs_tacosmrs_tacos member
    edited May 2017
    @heatherwilson321 Please don't ever feel bad about calling your doctor! I call my doctor's office all the time, and anytime I apologize because I call them so often they always assure me that it's their job, and they'd rather us call in and it be nothing than wait too long and have something be an issue that could possibly have been prevented. Hope your BH calm down, and that you have a productive appointment on Monday!

• @heatherwilson321 I hope the bath and water help. 
  • None of it got worse, it got better for a little bit, but now it feels the same as yesterday. It's like whenever I do anything halfway active, which concerns me because I still have one more state test to administer on Wednesday. This means I get to actively monitor for 4 hours, which means nonstop walking for 4 hours, last week I logged 12,000 steps doing the state test. I'm still planning on trying to go to the doctor tomorrow. 
  • Hope thyou doctor can give you some answers and you feel better
  • edited May 2017
    Waiting at the doctor's office now. On a side note, my current OBGYN is sooooo much better than my old one. I wouldn't have made it past the nurses line to even get an appointment at my old OBGYN. They pretty much dismissed any and all concerns that you had. This OBGYN takes all concerns seriously and will try to get you in right away. They even scheduled me for extra ultrasounds early on to ease my anxiety due to previous miscarriages. I think I'm just really hormonal right now, and just think it's awesome how much nicer they are to their patients than my old practice, lol, sorry for the random post. 

Even further side note, another best part is that they play HGTV in the waiting room, which is awesome, lol.
  • labby18labby18 member
    hi. i've been MIA from this thread, as we had a few weeks back to back with some pretty legit scary stuff on it and my PGAL brain couldn't handle it. I am sorry for my absence. I will try to be more active again...starting tomorrow. 
  • @labby18 Hope everything is going better now!
  • labby18labby18 member
    @heatherwilson321
    i'm glad everything went well at your OB appointment yesterday! it's always nice when everything is going smoothly! 
  • @heatherwilson321 How did you find out you were exposed to fifths disease?? That's so crazy.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • My son might have had it a few weeks ago, so they tested me for it.
  • @labby18 I hope your pgal brain gives you a break. I hope that things are going better for you. 

@heatherwilson321 glad you were able to see your dr and things went well