November 2016 Moms

Dumb Questions-May

Re: Dumb Questions-May

• Does anyone have a baby that actually likes to cuddle?  Or are they just at that age where they have to be moving constantly? 
  • Does anyone have a baby that actually likes to cuddle?  Or are they just at that age where they have to be moving constantly? 
    No cuddling here sadly. Although he likes to always be touching me or being held its not like he's snuggling. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @MrsMaryK2016 Yes, same here. Even when she was dealing with stomach issues, she was not trying to snuggle. 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    My LO does for a few minutes when I pick her out of her bed in the morning and between bath time/massage time and making a bottle. (I have about 3min before the bottle heater beeps) She actually has her arms around my neck and her chin against my face so I can give kisses.
    Other then that she just needs action, so I treasure those two moments.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 Aww, that's so cute. 

Come to think of it though, S does like to give kisses.  She doesn't know how to pucker up, but when I say kisses, she brings her mouth to mine.

• Snuggler over here. She prefers to be held and loves to sleep in our bed. I wish she wouldn't. 
  • ODD dropped cuddling around this time and has been independent ever since. DS, however, prefers to be held at all times and will pass out on me before going down in his crib. And I'm milking it for as long as it will last. 
    Married: 08.05.11
    Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
    Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
    Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16
  • m6aguam6agua member
    No real cuddles here unless I have her in the Lillebaby. She also loves to give me slobbery, open mouth kisses.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Occasionally, she likes to be held and kissed a lot but sometimes she does not :) When I get back from works, she loves to cuddle and licks my face and arms etc. I think that s her way of kissing . Even though she loves to sleep next to us, feeling our body next to hers, she likes to sleep on her own space so if we co-sleep she occupies a lot of space.
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I have a dumb question : I have not done any shopping for DD for summer . When I checked now, most of the stuff i liked on Old Navy is already sold out !! What do they need ? Since she will be probably crawling on the floor , i thought she would need some leggings but everything is very short. Are they okay to have their legs open during the day ?
  • I worry a bit about LO's knees when crawiling too! We got some of the babylegs leg warmers/leggings at a garage sale, but I'm not sure if they will be too hot or if it's weird for a boy to wear them (I try not to conform too much or worry too much about gender norms but I'll admit it's hard.)
  • Their knees will be fine, they don't have cartilage yet. Yes to bare baby legs in summer! Stay away from dresses if they are close to crawling because they just trip all over them. Get a super light weight  wearable blanket, like a muslin or lightweight cotton. Get a sun hat :)
  • They actually have baby knee pads. I got some as a gift at my shower. I have ceramic tile floors so they may be useful. 
  • Their knees will be fine, they don't have cartilage yet. Yes to bare baby legs in summer! Stay away from dresses if they are close to crawling because they just trip all over them. Get a super light weight  wearable blanket, like a muslin or lightweight cotton. Get a sun hat :)
    ^ This all the way! And there's nothing wrong with padding around in just a diaper on those super hot days. 
  • I had the knee pads and never used them the first time around. We have hardwood and carpet. I might try the knee pads, but honestly I think she'll be fine. Even with bare knees. I'm not really worried about rug burns either because when they start to crawl it's slow at first. 
  • Is it bad that I have only marble and hardwood in my house and I never even thought about his knees? 
  • The little leggings m is wearing in the photo I posted in HDBD are crawling leggings and have a little more cushion in the knees. they are super cute but so not practical to think he can or will wear something like that whenever he crawls. I'm plan to keep dressing him like I do and go with the flow 
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I bought some kneepads on 'wish', very cheap. Not really for protection LO's knees, but to help crawling as it has anti-slip on them.
    As for clothing. I bought 3 cute cotton romper suits with short legs and one with long legs. All from very light material. The basic legging and the none practical but very cute dress
    On hot days it'll be just sleeveless bodysuits or just a diaper. Definitely a yes on summerhats!

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• tvh1982tvh1982 member
    Does anyone else still suffer from heavy legs and arms?
    I had this during pregnancy and it'll drive me insane, and noticed I still have them. It's actually to the point that it keeps me awake as I'm very uncomfortable. 
    Could of course be the blood transfusion or I'm just 'lucky' to keep one of the symptoms.

• Is it bad that I have only marble and hardwood in my house and I never even thought about his knees? 
    Nope! All hardwood here and we're on our second kid - have never considered knee pads and also still waiting to childproof for the first one. 
  • Has anyone else broken out in itchy bumps sporadically? I have to assume it's hormone related but would at least feel a little reassured if I wasn't the only one. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Has anyone else broken out in itchy bumps sporadically? I have to assume it's hormone related but would at least feel a little reassured if I wasn't the only one. 
    I do on my hands/fingers. It happened before LO thinks worse now. Mine is partially stress related it seems 
  • Now that we are past the colic stage, do I still need all those extra pieces in the Dr Browns bottles?
  • @ladybug2821 yeah you do. The bottle will leak if you don't use all the parts. Even if you are past colic it's still good to reduce the amount of air that gets in their tummies is how I think about it.
  • I had two women I was supposed to phone interview for a nanny position today completely flake on me, no call or message. Would you write them a bad review? I'm pretty annoyed by this. I planned our whole Saturday around these women. 
  • @leighry I have no idea why they didn't answer or call me back, I still haven't heard from either of them. And my last interview also no showed. I don't get it. Why bother setting up a time with me if you aren't really interested in the job??? I think I'm going to end up writing a review; nothing nasty but something so other moms know to beware. 
  • On the bright side you avoided sh*tty nannies! @mrsmaryk2016
  • m6aguam6agua member
    edited May 2017
    @ladybug2821 yeah you do. The bottle will leak if you don't use all the parts. Even if you are past colic it's still good to reduce the amount of air that gets in their tummies is how I think about it.
    Not necessarily, if you have the options version you can take them out. I guess it would depend on how much air your baby sucks in, and if they spit up a lot.

ETA: I am still using all the parts.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• kvrunskvruns member
    m6agua said:
    @ladybug2821 yeah you do. The bottle will leak if you don't use all the parts. Even if you are past colic it's still good to reduce the amount of air that gets in their tummies is how I think about it.
    Not necessarily, if you have the options version you can take them out. I guess it would depend on how much air your baby sucks in, and if they spit up a lot.

ETA: I am still using all the parts.
    I was just going to say the same thing. I'm also using all parts still and plan to keep it up 
  • Is there really a difference between a nightgown and a sleep sack?  Does the bottom being open make a difference as far as keeping them from waking up?  Or is it more about warmth?
  • jsmaijsmai member
    I think the sleep sack helps keep S from getting her legs stuck through the crib slats, for us. 
  • Nightgowns can ride up exposing their legs at night. The sleep sack is more of a wearable blanket. So if you're not worried about keeping LO warm at night then a nightgown is probably fine. 
  • E runs warm so we like the nightgown to keep her cooler. She sleeps in a pack n play so we don't have the concern of legs through the slats. 
  • kvrunskvruns member
    Should I be nursing any differently now that LO is getting older? I still hold him the same way and everything as when he was younger. DO you make any changes to positioning etc?
  • kvruns said:
    Should I be nursing any differently now that LO is getting older? I still hold him the same way and everything as when he was younger. DO you make any changes to positioning etc?

I just do what is comfortable for us.  Some times she gets so distracted, the best thing is for me to bring her in my bed where its quiet and BF side lying which we also do in the MOTN.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    those who FF how in the world do you calm your baby from a major meltdown? I was thinking this last night as mine woke up from flipping over, and went to full on meltdown mode because his room reeked of poop so I had to change him and his outfit and he was not having it. It was his biggest, hardest meltdown I think and thank god I could just use the boob. No amount of bouncing or shushing would have calmed him down.  How do you do it without the boob?  I know that sounds silly to ask but it really is a concern of mine for stopping BFing especially since he is hard to calm even with his small fussing at night but nursing him works.