Pregnant after a Loss
Options

PGAL Check-In: Week of May 1

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Does this affect/influence how many kiddos you'd like to have?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of May 1

• Options
    Hi There!!

How far along are you? Only 4 weeks and 3 days

How big is baby? Not sure!

Appointments coming up? No set appointments yet, I went for blood work this morning so waiting for results on my levels.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? All over the place, but mostly scared and anxious.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Taking this pregnancy day by day.

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Does this affect/influence how many kiddos you'd like to have?
    I have one sister- who is my soulmate!!! I would love to have at least 2 children so they have the support I have from my sister.
  • Options
    Hi!  I hope everyone is doing well this week!  I had my first prenatal appointment with a nurse this week.  I've been really paranoid and anxious with this pregnancy since I recently suffered a loss in January.  I've been symptom checking every single twinge on google to see if it's anything bad... this appointment helped some.  I mentioned a few cramps, mostly on the left side and they brought me in yesterday for an US because they were concerned that I might be having an ectopic pregnancy.  I'm 5 weeks and 3 days, so all we saw was the gestational sac and the yolk sac --which is what they were expecting!  This US was better than my first!!!  At my first US, I was 12 weeks and all we had was a gestational sac.  Also, my HCG and progesterone levels look good!  I'm still anxious (and paranoid), but this has helped me some.  I go in next week for another US to make sure things are still okay!

How far along are you? 5 weeks 3 days

How big is baby? A chocolate chip or an apple seed

Appointments coming up? Next week! --I will have a 6 week US to make sure things still look good.  My NP offered to do it to keep me at ease.  After this, I have my first appointment with my OB at 7 weeks for my dating scan and to confirm viability of pregnancy.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically, I'm tired.  I have a few intermittent cramps and some middle back-ache but my doctor assured me it's due to my uterus growing and hormones.  Emotionally, I'm a mixed bag.  There are moments where I'm so happy and excited for things to go well and then I have moments of self-doubt.  At those low points, I sometimes sit (for hours) googling up my symptoms reading through blogs, articles, what have you.  I just want this pregnancy to go well and I'm terrified of another MC.  My doctor and the staff have been really understanding and I've been very appreciative of them taking extra steps to alleviate my anxiety.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Getting through my first trimester and seeing my baby on an US. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Raves.  I'm so happy that my first US looked promising and that I saw something in the gestational sac rather than it being empty.  I'm eager for my US next week to see if we'll finally see our little chocolate chip. Rant... just a short one.  At my health center, they schedule the first prenatal visit with a nurse to go over "what to expect" such as the hospital I'll be delivering my baby, scheduling future appointments, etc., but I don't find out whether my pregnancy is "viable" until weeks 7-9.  I felt a little awkward planning the future when I don't know if I'll make it that far.  I think my first loss traumatized me where it's so hard to be optimistic and plan for the future while in the back of my mind, the thought of another MC is there. I do appreciate the appointment though and preparing for everything early on.  I feel that I would be a little bit more excited about it all after I meet with my OB.

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Does this affect/influence how many kiddos you'd like to have? I have two siblings (sister and brother).  Both my parents have large families with lots of siblings (my mother has 4 and my father, 6).  My husband and I would love the large family but I think we are aiming for 2 children.  A major influence on how many babies we'd love to have is based on the ability to financially support our children. I don't think my husband and I can afford to support any more than two children.  Where we live right now, the median home price is supposedly a million dollars.  However, I haven't seen a home that sold for less than a million.  We're renting but even rent is high!  I think a lot of the people who have homes here bought their homes 10+ years ago when it was much cheaper.  Maybe if we move to a more affordable area in the next couple of years, we'll consider more than 2 :)
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    byrnemebyrneme member
    Hi ladies! It's been a crazy week and it was all the time I had to just get this thread posted lol. Now I finally have a free minute to answer it.

How far along are you? 28w3d

How big is baby? An eggplant

Appointments coming up? I have my glucose test & rhogam shot at 1 today.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I have a sinus infection - it started 2 weeks ago when I was home for my family baby shower and urgent care said they wouldn't treat it (okay, I get it) as anything other than an upper respiratory infection. It went away for a few days and then the fever came back Sunday night. My doc finally gave me some amoxicillin, so one step up from Tylenol lol, and it's taking its sweet time kicking in. I'm very tired of alternating between constantly blowing my nose and being so stuffy I can't breathe - eating a pb&j sandwich for lunch yesterday was downright dangerous :) Other than that I'm feeling really good. Emotionally, it's hard to believe I've crossed to the third tri and shit is getting REAL. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? I really want to pass this glucose test! I wasn't nervous before but, being sick, my diet has been crap this week. I literally subsisted on animal crackers and apple juice for 2 solid days. Fingers crossed.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave - we found a used jogging stroller on Craigslist this week and I'm in LOVE. It's the B.O.B. Ironman and is in great condition. I feel like we robbed this poor woman who was selling it for $50!

GTKY: How many siblings do you have? Does this affect/influence how many kiddos you'd like to have? So it's just me, I'd love to have more than one but, after all we went through to get here, we are realistically only having this rainbow baby. I only had one genetically sound embaby after having 13 removed and a) don't care to repeat the IVF process and b) know based on those numbers how unstable my eggs are and do not think I could handle additional losses. But, hey, I turned out okay!

Welcome to the boards @dani4est and @laurenjt808, congratulations to you both! I hope your upcoming bloodwork/appointments are just perfect. Speaking from someone who was terrified to post on here in fears of jinxing anything - you got this! FX for a happy and healthy 9 months!
    *** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
    Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
    July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
    March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
    August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
    September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
    EDD 7/25/17
    Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches
  • Options
    Thank you @byrneme!  I hope you feel better soon!!! 
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18