October 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check-In 5/2

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile  I hope you all are doing well!

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check-In 5/2

• Options
    Whoo it's a slow today! 

How far along are you?

19wks, 9/26
    Baby movement, increase in headaches, increased appetite! Also breast leaking/discharge is new. Might have to start using breast pads or build up my bra stash because the stink is funky. 
    None
    Rants/raves? 
    Rant on myself. I reallllyyyyyy need to clean out the spare room that is going to be nursery but it's so overwhelming. 
    And I need to figure out childcare situation 

but first I need to figure out my work situation! Ah so much anxiety. Basically need to get my life toget

None that I can think of.

**April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Nope, just a slightly increased bump size. I can't button any of my pants now (at least not comfortably), but I still don't look pregnant yet. Just like I'm getting fat :(

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? I had an appointment last week, but can't remember it we had a check-in since then. The doctor said everything is looking good!

Rants/raves? I can't wait to feel the baby move!! That's going to be such a crazy sensation. Also, like @PizzaMonster3 I really need to figure out the childcare situation, and get to work on the nursery.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Is this boob leakage I'm hearing about normal? And if so, when do most moms start experiencing it?

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Hmm, can I change this to books? If so, it's definitely the Harry Potter series. I've read those so many times I almost have them memorized.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife Same. The itchy nipples are the worst!! Also, I love Zoolander.
  • Options
    @jessirh @ChocolateIsLife see I have both problems, discharge and dry skin. I bruise easily and in all the itching and scratching I've actually left faint bruises on my boobs. I've been using Burt bees mamas butter on belly and boobs. 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16W4D
    I have 2 nights in a row now that I don't need to wake up for a snack. Yay for sleeping through the night!
    Nope. Just impatiently waiting the lab results from my quad screening.
    Rants/raves? 
    Rave: I finally got to meet my cousin's baby! I got plenty of bottle feeding practice over the weekend and I can't wait for my LO to arrive.
    Any recommendations for lotion to use on my boobs? My nipples have been dry recently.
    It Takes Two. My fave Olsen twins movie growing up!
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @pizzamonster3 I use that cream too and love it so much! 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife I've been thinking about buying a fetal Doppler too but it took my doc a while to find the heartbeat last time and she's a pro so I feel like I'm going to panic if I don't get it right away
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    How far along are you? 16w+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Yeah... heartburn. Not a ton of it, but it's there. Other then that, doing good! My headaches have gone away for the most part. Feeling a little more energetic. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Not since last check in :) Have one coming up on Monday. I'll be sure to update you all. I'm sure it will be uneventful, it's mostly a mommy check up. We're going to see how I am doing with my BP and my headaches.

Rants/raves? Rant: My body is changing in some very unflattering ways and it's making me feel very self conscious and with low self esteem. DH and I haven't really dtd in a while. I feel a little bad for him because I know he has needs and he's great at taking care of mine (not those needs, but life needs). 

Rave: The weather is finally changing for the better here! I can't wait for a little sunshine and summer rain!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? I posted in the Silly Questions thread for STM's (I am going to leave it there) 

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Ah man it seems like I can hardly ever remember movie quotes, I quote shows more then I quote movies. Ironically, I sing "Let it go, Let it go" even though I haven't seen Frozen. Does that count?

@winterecho yay for babies! That sounds so awesome. Was it hard? I don't have any babies that I get to hang out with.

@ChocolateIsLife :) have fun finding lo's heartbeat, which doppler did you get?

@jessirh I think the boob leakage is real. I had a very tiny amount of something come out from the left one about two weeks ago and it never returned. I am also intrigued to learn more.

@pizzamonster3 have you thought of getting a cheap bandeau top with padding slots in it? That might help?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @vlillyv and @winterecho I bought a Womb Music monitor by Wusic. It had positive reviews so I am hoping to find the heartbeat and not get even more nervous! We are leaving for vacation in about 2 weeks, and won't have an appointment until I'm almost 20 weeks, so I just want some peace of mind.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Z52R76S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    VLillyVVLillyV member
    @ChocolateIsLife I'm sure you'll be able to find the heartbeat with little to no trouble :) It would be different if you were only a few weeks along. Im excited for you!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16w4d

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? My nails have always been good to grow pretty fast but man they're like cement now. I have to wear panty liners now because of the random discharge. Yay. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a check up last week. Went fine. Heard the heartbeat which is reassuring since besides the constant bloating and pudginess I don't really feel pregnant.

Rants/raves? I don't want to work today. It's busy and I just don't want to. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? The nurse I saw at my last appointment said I don't need to worry about on what side I'm sleeping. She just said if I get uncomfortable or it gets hard to breathe just change positions. Anyone been told something similar?

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? The Lion King. I can recite the whole thing from memory. 
    Me: 29  DH: 32                                                                                          
    Married 9/27/2014
    TTC Since 1/1/2017
    BFP: 2/6/2017
    Due Date: 10/13/17
    pangur_ban_by_sequana-d31ja7y
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks exactly
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? OMG so much discharge. @feeislove +1 to having to wear panty liners constantly. Also my bump comes and goes, which is kind of annoying. I want a noticeable bump, dang it!
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? None since last check-in. My next appointment isn't until our AS on May 23rd.
    Rants/raves? See above about the bump. I also really can't wait to feel the baby move.
    GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? Oh man... so many. Some movies are more quotable than others though. H and I quote Heavyweights all the time.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    14+6

I've been battling a monster cold. Any symptoms have taken a backseat!

I have an active baby. Dr could hear the baby move but was having trouble pinning down the heart beat.

Rants/raves? 
    I never realized how much it sucks dealing with any cold without drugging up!

What meds did your dr approve for colds? Mine said it's still too early but i can take sudafed or robutessium if absolutely necessay. I'm trying to hold off

• Options
    How far along are you? 17 weeks 4 days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I had some spotting last thursday, went to the hospital. Couldn't find the source and the bleeding stopped by the time the doctor saw me. Baby was fine. Possible trauma from my ultrasound the day before.

Happy symptom: Starting to feel the baby move. I've felt a few big flips or kicks, but now just a faint flutter or flick every once an a while. But im feeling something at least once a day.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had our early anatomy scan. 10 fingers & 10 toes <3 . Baby was sitting really low and they couldn't see her lower half, so they went in trans vaginally.  The tech was really rough. docs thinks thats what caused the bleeding. oy

Rants/raves? thrilled to be feeling some movement this early.  

Questions for FTM, or STM+?  @mctuckaghans My doc okayed tylenol and allergy meds (claritin)  for antihistamines 

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? The Grinch who stole Christmas with Jim Kerry. lol That movie is hilarious. 
    \

• Options
    @emwj10187 I've been doing that already.  Thanks!
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16w

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Cramps. Like period pains for the last 3 or 4 days. Midwife said it was just stretching and I should drink lots of water and eat bananas and dark chocolate haha. I bet I can make a great dessert put of that!

Heard the hb and she said everything else was OK. T21 risk > 1/1000 and I'm being retested to confirm I have toxoplasmosis immunity. It's really common and serious here in France,  esp of you're from overseas like me as you're unlikely to have immunity, but I might just have been here long enough to have already caught it!
    @mctuckaghans she said to take nothing except paracetamol, which I never take as it does nothing for me anyway grrrrrr.
    @feeislove no mention of sleeping but I intend to sleep on my front until she starts to kick me hard enough to mamifest her discontent lol.

Rants/raves? 
    Me still wanna bump instead of just looking like I've stopped working out (which i have... darn fatigue...)

We're planning to mostly do babywearing as we work from home and live in the snowy alps and buggies with wheels will just be messy and awkward. How long can we hope to survive without a buggy/pram if we try really hard and buy slings/wraps and carriers/rucksacks? Can we avoid wheels altogether or will we have to get a buggy when she's a toddler?

Showing my age now... Top Gun and Terminator 2 lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 18 weeks 3/4days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Starting to get heartburn/my ribs are burning after I eat. Discharge comes & goes. It's like a sneak attack!!  :D

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Had a mommy check up last week. Dr. hear baby's heartbeat. I've gained 4.5 pounds...which is good for me because I started out under weight.

Rants/raves? Next week I go for an anatomy scan! I also received a call from a 3D/4D ultrasound place offering a free scan! So next week I will get to see baby 2 days in a row!! :)

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most? The Grinch with Jim Carrey! Love that movie!! I have watched it 500x!

@PizzaMonster3 It will all work out! Just take it one day at a time. Do a little in that room this week and a little next week. Don't stress because it will all come together!

@ChocolateIsLife I have a doppler & I love it! I check on baby once or twice a week. It's nice to have that piece of mind!

@VLillyV We haven't dtd much lately either. You're not alone there!

@emwj10187 The Grinch is my favorite movie! I watch it throughout the year!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Re: boob leakage, I've had some white flaky stuff on my nipples which I'm pretty sure is that. Not necessarily "dry skin" but who knows!

How far along are you?: 16+6

Any new symptoms?: my boob pain never really went away but recently side boob pain got worse. Other than that, not really! Feeling good!

Any appts since last check-in?: Nope, have one on Monday which will just be hb check, bp and urine check etc. A/S on May 26!! 

Rants/Raves?: add me to the list about figuring out childcare and nursery stuff!!

questions: not at the moment 

GTKY: any Jim Carey or Adam Sandler movie - most notably happy Gilmore, ace Ventura, and dumb and dumber. So good. 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options

How far along are you? 
    18+4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Minor abdominal cramps/pressure.  Brought it up with the OB and it's most likely the uterus going through some growing pains.  Still have some headaches but I'm trying to remember to drink enough water.  Fatigue is still there and it goes from 0 to 100 in the blink of an eye.  However, I'm not having to get up in the middle of the night to pee!  I can make it until morning.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  Last Tuesday.  I arrived early only to find out my OB had to go to the hospital, so it was rescheduled later in the day.  I had gained seven pounds since the last appointment, so there's that.

Rants/raves? IDGAF if you are family, you can't just touch my stomach without asking.  BIL tried to pull this today...again.

Questions for FTM, or STM+? Nope!

GTKY: What is the one movie that you can quote the most?  The Big Lebowski.  
    June 2017 Siggy Challenge:  "You had one job to do!"

BabyFruit Ticker