August 2017 Moms

The Nesting Thread

2»

Re: The Nesting Thread

• @BlackNYellow love those! My mom just bought some minky material to make blankets for LO and my new nephew. I sent her the link!
  • The nesting is coming out more. We put a crib together yesterday. Planning on buying a dresser this week. Getting the urge to wash baby clothes. Went to our first childbirth class and they were talking about what to pack and I totally went and bought stuff to have in the bag. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you @SouthernMama15 that is so sweet of your mom to make a handmade gift for your LO and nephew! 
    The first day May 2007 <3  The yes day April 2012 <3 The best day Nov 2013

• edited May 2017
    Ive basically finished everything because I couldn't stop. I'm now looking at our backyard and planning out a big project with a bicycle path for DS and a place for a play structure.  Who knows if we will actually get it done in time, but the trampoline will be delivered tomorrow. 

Ive also picked back up my knitting project after walking away from it a little over a month ago. It's helping to keep me busy so I don't go stir crazy. Plus, I have to make a second one because twins, which I'm kind of dreading. 

• tova24tova24 member
    I washed all of Landon's blankets, burp clothes, bibs, socks, hats, mittens, and 0-3 month clothes. I'm so ready to meet my little boy!
  • Ok, I'm getting overwhelmed. 
    I did a bit more cleaning out/rearranging of the baby's future room. But over the weekend we were at my MIL's house and she's bought, like, a quarter of the registry stuff already (because she's monitoring the registries and worried that people aren't buying stuff... I told her most people don't shop until the week before!!). But she even went off registry for stuff I specifically saw and didn't register for (i.e. diaper caddy) because... we live in 800 square feet. She sent me home with three blankets, and the weekend before my mom sent me home with two, and my coworker is making me one, and knowing one of my closest friends she'll probably make me one (or maybe that was her habit prior to having her own toddler, I don't know). 

I just don't know where we're going to put everything we did register for, much less stuff we intentionally didn't register for. And it feels overwhelming. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 I totally get it. I currently have his mamaroo, stroller/carseat, play gym, and boppy is my closet. I can no longer walk in it! I rolled all his swaddles and used drawer organizers to maximize space. His crib is in my dining room (I have a one bedroom apartment) and I had random Amazon boxes EVERYWHERE. Just this last week I had a meltdown when my dad said he was coming to visit. I told him my place is so packed with stuff and I feel bad that he would have to sleep on the couch. This weekend I put all the boxes in the closet and shut it. Out of sight out of mind! 
  • @tova24 if it's any consolation, my friend had her baby in a studio first, and then baby and boyfriend in a one bedroom. The child is about to turn 2 years old and they're only just now shopping for a two bedroom apartment. 

I'm aware they do rent external storage but the point is small space living CAN be done, if we're super organized and efficient about it! (And others respect your small space living and don't buy gear off-registry, ahem.) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • tova24tova24 member
    @DeansGirl14 omg. I can't imagine a studio! I'm struggling with my one bedroom! I'm sorry people aren't respecting your registry. 
  • @DeansGirl14 take the stuff back that you don't need for gift cards to buy stuff down the road! 
  • ach0612ach0612 member
    We are mid-remodel on our house and are down from 3 bathrooms to one currently. I still have to meet with our fabricator for our custom cabinets because our house was built in the 60's and the spacing is odd, Lowe's FINALLY located the doors we ordered for the entire house, only took 2.5 hours of waiting in the store the DAY we were supposed to pick them up and they were not even there and they still need to be painted before we put them in. But the materials to the bathrooms are on order and for the sake of all involved they better be on time!!!!!! The baby's room is no where near ready and it's stressing me out!! I keep doing mock setups to make myself feel like I'm preparing but in reality, her room will be last since we are ripping out all the carpet in the remaining areas and laying down hardwood, but don't want to lay it until the bathrooms are about done :/ 
    Then it's on to the outside of the house!!!