Babies on the Brain
Options

Weekly Fitness Check In May 1st!

It's a brand new month, woo!  

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)

Fitness game plan for this week:

Did you meet last week's goals?

Fitness goal(s) for May:

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?

GTKY: what's your proudest fitness achievement?  (It doesn't have to be a big deal, just something that makes *you* proud!)

Re: Weekly Fitness Check In May 1st!

• Options
    Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.)
    SW: 215 CW: 196 TTC GW: 185 OVERALL GOAL: 150-160
    I lost another pound!  Woo!  I'm only 11 pounds from my TTC goal!  Soooo excited!

Trying to work exercise into my week, since I've been so consumed with writing recently I haven't had time for that that.  Hoping for 3x a week walks and 2x a week strength training.  Still plan to calorie count as well.

Last week's goal was basically just calorie count since I was consumed with my writing deadline, and I did that pretty well!  (And my script is DONE/submitted!  Woo hoo!)

Fitness goal for May:
    I'd love to lose 8 pounds, but I've only been losing 1 pound a week on my good weeks, so I'm not sure if that's possible.  Maybe I'll aim for 6?  Then I'll only be 5 pounds to my TTC goal, which sounds amazing.

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations?
    Nope! I'm just SO happy to have that script done and submitted.  It's the first piece of writing I've finished since Rose was born and I literally wrote the whole thing on my lunch breaks and edited on the weekends, so I'm super proud of myself, even if nothing happens with it.

GTKY: what's your proudest fitness achievement? (It doesn't have to be a big deal, just something that makes *you* proud!)
    This is definitely not a big deal, but I was really proud when I ran a whole 5k.  I've never been much of a runner and I trained for a couple months and did it, and it felt pretty awesome.  I'd love to get back into 5ks once I've lost more weight and worked on the hip issues I've had since my daughter was born.
  • Options
    Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.
    SW:207 CW:197 TTCGW:180(But that unlikely in two months)

Back in the gym today and walked tredmill for an hour, plan to do that M/W/F. At least 6,000 steps/day. I have a strength training routine and yoga planned for T/TH/Sa. I've started counting carbs this week along with my calories, maybe that will help in keeping me from getting GD this go around but who knows. 

Not even close DS was sick S/M/T and I was/am sick W-Current

Fitness goal(s) for May:
    Stay consistant with workouts and healthy eating. Loss some lbs

It's all so frustrating to me. I will get really good and consistent in my routine and then something comes up like a sick child or something in school and I struggle so much to get back. But, I am going to rave that I managed to get myself into the gym today even though I'm not feeling great still. 

GTKY: what's your proudest fitness achievement?  (It doesn't have to be a big deal, just something that makes *you* proud!) 
    I was pretty damn proud when I pulled off my first Burpee. Man those are hard.
    Me: 35 DH: 47

HX
    DSS: 20
    DSD: 17
    DS: 4(Nov'14)
    MMC:8/17
    MMC: 1/18
    BFP: 2/7/19 EDD:10/16/19

Tickers
    BabyGaga
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @maureenmce Running a whole 5K is something to be super proud of!!! I'm not a runner and never will be so that is something I will never be able to accomplish.

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    Anyone looking for some extra motivation, I HIGHLY recommend trying on bathing suits on your lunch hour.  If you're into the "scared straight" version of dieting, anyway.  I'm going to a bachelorette pool party on May 20 and I am UH, NOT READY, GUYS.
  • Options
    Start: 199  Current: 180.6   TTC Goal: 145

I plan to do 3 days strength training and 4 days of cardio. two days of interval training. 

Got my cardio in, but didn't get an interval training session in. I ate healthy! But didn't lose any weight. :( 

Fitness goal(s) for May:
    Stay steady with strength training; try to amp up the cardio. 

I feel good! I had lots of vegetables today and made a bet with my trainer that they have to work out alongside me if I lose 4 pounds in the next two weeks. supreme motivation!

For the first time last week, I used the big barbell instead of dumbbells!

@maureenmce - congrats on getting the script done! AND for that 5k. what an accomplishment. 

@kindbytealikat - hope you and DS feel better! kudos on getting into the gym today even though you didn't feel optimal. It's SO hard to work out when you don't feel well. 

@JNCPro3130 - good luck with the water intake! Self-control is so hard. I have a bad day, I'm reaching for a soda instead of water. Like it's so much harder to pour a glass of water than it is to open a can. But bad days, I feel that way. I'm trying to keep the sweets out of the house, too. Fortunately H is also trying to be good. But you got this! 
    *TW*
    Me: 38 DH: 41
    Married: 2016
    BFP #1 4/23/18, blighted ovum 5/29/18
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @maureenmce congrats on the loss! It is super impressive to stay focused even when you've been so busy!
    @kindbytealikat I agree it can be really frustrating! For me, I do really well and then lose focus in the weekend  :s
    @JNCPro3130 Upping your water is always good! I feel like it always makes a big difference for me!
    @catlady2015 I love the bet with your trainer! That is good motivation!

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) SW: 135ish CW: 135ish GW: 128ish

Fitness game plan for this week: run every other day. 

Did you meet last week's goals? I wanted to get in some strength training and I didn't. I did do a lot of running though!

Fitness goal(s) for May: continue running, mix in some strength training. Can I lose like 2 pounds? 133 by 5/31? Puh-lease?

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey?  Any rants or raves?  Frustrations? I just need to get my damn act together on the weekends. But not next weekend bc I have plans 
    :Ddo you see my problem?

Running 5k without stopping to walk. I've ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to be a runner but never thought I could do it. Thanks C25K!
  • Options
    @maureenmce: YAY for more weight loss! You have been on a roll. Congratulations on finishing the script, too! I know that was a ton of work. 
    @kindbytealikat: It is definitely frustrating when life gets in the way of a routine. We had a hugely disruptive life event happen at the end of November that nearly threw me out of my routine permanently. But I knew I didn't want to have to start over so I took the time I needed and then just warmed my way back in. It's okay to take a break when you need to! Just don't let it be permanent! Ps. Burpees are of the devil.
    @JNCPro3130 : I definitely need to up my water too! I also have minimal self control with food and it shows with my recent weight gain (see below.)
    @catlady2015: Make that trainer work! Haha! That's awesome!
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses: We need a weekend pact or something. i usually do pretty good during the week but the weekends are unstoppable. Ugh!

I third (fourth??) couch to 5k for those that are interested in running! It was what started all of this for me.

Current stats if you'd like to share!  (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) SW: 155, CW: 129, GW: 125 
    Fitness game plan for this week: 3 good runs, walk at least 7000 steps on other days, not eat everything in sight, throw in strength training
    Mostly. I didn't do any strength training (again) but got in all my runs and did much better on my steps.
    Fitness goal(s) for May: Get back to 125
    I stepped on the scale for the first time in a while yesterday and I've gained 3 pounds. Uggggghhhhhhhhhhh. I haven't been trying to lose any weight but I didn't expect to gain 3 pounds back in a couple weeks. I know I haven't been eating as great but I've also added distance to my runs and have been much more active on non-run days. Plus I don't eat that bad. I'm frustrated that I'm so active and it's still not enough.
    I was really proud last week when I completed my first 5 mile run. Two days later I completed a 6.2 mile! I remember thinking I'd never be able to make the leap from 4-6 but I did it! It was an awesome feeling.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - I'm in for a weekend pact! If i'm going to get derailed it's on the weekend. :( 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @notthefather, @UterusesBeforeDuderuses, and @catlady2015, YES!  I'm in!  Weekends are hard!!

Image result for diets weekend meme

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 That meme sums up my life

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited May 2017
    First time getting started on this! Wish me luck!
    Current stats if you'd like to share! (Usually starting weight, current weight and TTC goal weight.) SW: 126 CW: 126 GW: 119 (under 120)

Walking, eating healthy, and I'm going to also include reading to keep myself accountable.

Fitness goal(s) for May:
    Walk with the dog 1 mile 5 times a week (goal is 3 in AM and 2 in PM) as well as 2 miles on my day off.
    4 no spend days at work (NO MCDONALD'S. STOP IT JENNY. YOU DO NOT NEED TO GET MCDONALDS.) with a focus on calcium rich foods (dairy) and veggies.
    Read on average 10 pages a night.

Anything else you want to share about your fitness plans/journey? Any rants or raves? Frustrations?
    Nothing yet! Instead of trying to buy "ingredients" to make lunch, this week I bought pre-made stuff from Trader Joes (wrap, salad, a couple frozen entrees), and this seems way easier for me to stick to (plus it's tasty).

GTKY: what's your proudest fitness achievement? (It doesn't have to be a big deal, just something that makes *you* proud!)
    Just proud of my Trader Joes idea. :)
  • Options
    catlady2015catlady2015 member
    edited May 2017
    good luck, @JennyColada! Your premade stuff is a great idea! I used to be VERY guilty of the McDonald's lazy lunch stop. I hope it works for you! 
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    Omg I am so proud of myself. I turned down FREE pepperoni pizza in favor of my low fat meatloaf and some broccoli (that I roasted in the toaster). I looked up the calories of the pizza (205 calories EACH SLICE) and was like "NO THANK YOU."
  • Options
    maureenmcemaureenmce member
    edited May 2017
    @JennyColada  I need to stop with my lazy McDonald's breakfasts.  It's not bad calorie wise, but the sodium is SO high and I need to just make eggs at home like a grownup.  Sigh.
  • Options
    JennyColadaJennyColada member
    edited May 2017
    @maureenmce I've been obsessed with their $1 Sausage McMuffin deal going on on their app. So no judgement from me. And the sausage has SO much fat. It's like the worst one. /cry

You can make ahead Mini frittatas and breakfast sandwiches by cooking the eggs in  muffin tins and feeezing! You can make a whole dozen at once and they keep in the freezer for months!
  • Options
    That's pretty impressive @JennyColada

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @JennyColada KUDOS ON THAT WILL POWER!!! No way I could turn down free pizza

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @jennycolada major props to you girl!! I love pizza way too much to turn it down, haha. 

I'm not going to share stats this week seeing as they suck and have discouraged me.

I really need to start doing some sort of exercise...even if it's just a few squats and sit-ups each night. I clearly can't 100% stick to a "healthy" diet, so I need to add in some physical activity to counteract that. I'd really like to start going to a gym, but money is tight, so I need to look and see how I can make that work. I'm also horrible about working out at home, I do better when I have to get up and go somewhere.

Minor win: For lunch a coworker brought me some of her Starkist Salmon (lemon dill flavor) and I put that on my salad! Low carb, high (good) fat, and yummy!

GTKY: When I was about 5-6 months pregnant with my son (sometime in Nov 2015), I squatted 100#!! My trainer quit doing personal training just a week or two after that though, so I never stuck with it on my own, and haven't gotten back into working out since then :/ 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @CecilB93: I read your lunch as "starburst salmon" and was absolutely horrified. I had to read it like 4 times to get it right. Hahahaha. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @CecilB93, way to go on a 100# squat while pregnant! I worked out 5 days a week when I got pregnant with DS. My OBGYN told me I couldn't squat anymore. :(

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    You guys... I'm going to a Cinco de Mayo party tonight. Everyone has to bring something to eat. MUST RESIST URGE TO EAT ALL THE THINGS!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 - you got this! Have a tiny bit. But man, that will be platters of deliciousness.  :s stay strong!
    *TW*
    BFP#2 7/14/18, DS 4/5/19
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 Just stick with the tequila ;)

HX

Tickers
    BabyGaga

• Options
    @kindbytealikat, HAHAHA!  No calories!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Lol. I used to work right next to a See's Candy, so customers would always walk in with the samples that they're eating and I'd always tell them "there are no calories if it's free! That's the rule!" XD
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 most of my restrictions per my MW and trainer were core work, very little in the beginning and then eventually no core work at all. I could have done a little more than 100# but didn't want to push myself too much considering the circumstances.

@notthefather starburst salmon sounds disgusting, hahahaha. 
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18