July 2017 Moms

MBF 05.01

2»

Re: MBF 05.01

• The glider is the one big ticket thing I really wish we had splurged on.  We bought a smaller modern glider from buy buy baby that fit the smaller scale of our son's room - it was still $500 with the 20% off - I don't understand why they cost so much, snort.  Well, I've spent the better part of the last two years in that flipping chair with a baby that exclusively nursed every 2 hours for over a year, who needed to be held all the time to sleep, and still wakes up multiple times a night.  We still fit in it now but it's not super comfortable -and napping/sleeping in it is not comfortable at all.  I know there is really no way to know how much you will need to use it - but boy do I wish we had gotten a super comfortable and big chair.  I'm not really sure that the glider/rocker function is even needed, so I like the suggestion above of getting a family chair from lazyboy or something - that way the price would not be such a big pill to swallow.

@nktrodden - is that real life?  I would do a hard pass on being included in the wedding and that would go for hubby too - but I am not mature so don't listen to me.  
  • mamadcbmamadcb member
    I wanted a big comfy chair that would:
    1. Both rock and recline (with footrest)
    2. Have a high enough back that I could rest my head
    3. Have armrests high enough to give me some arm support while nursing (our couches have really low ones)

I wound up getting a Lazyboy recliner from a consignment store. It was $150 and fit my needs perfectly. The compromise was on looks-- it's an older style and definitely didn't match with the nursery. I threw a blanket that does match over the back and reconciled myself to it. I have spent enough hours in that chair to know that comfort/utility trump style for me! 

Since then we got new living room furniture so our second (nicer) lazy boy will go into the new baby's room. Again, it doesn't match. But it's soooo comfortable!