September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 5/1

It's a new month! Time is flying by!
How far along are you and how are you feeling?

Me: 33 DH: 33
Married: 10.15.16
BFP: 12.24.16
DS BD: 8.20.17
TTC #2 1.1.19
BFP #2 7.3.19
EDD #2 3.13.20

Re: Weekly Symptoms 5/1

• Options
    21+3
    OMG! I woke up early this morning with conjunctivitis in my left eye!!!  I have been dealing on and off with sinus headaches but not to the point my nose is runny or stuffy so I am wondering if it is due to the high pollen count in our area and I had all the windows open yesterday.  It is not red or yucky now during the day so I know its not bacterial.
    Other than that I get random lightning crotch and I am hungry all the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    19+4 I sneezed last night and had a jolt of pain in my groin. :astonished:
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @Rhubarb7216 I think that she was probably being conservative to avoid any kind of liability. Had she told you everything looked perfect and to resume things as normal and something bad happened because of Her advice, she could be facing potential medical malpractice. I understand her erring on the side of caution, but I also understand your frustrations at not being able to work when everything looks fine. Hopefully your OB is able to pinpoint the actual issue. 

When I had really bad pain in my side and back a couple weeks ago it ended up being my kidney and the ER doctor told me not to go to work for three days. (But I work a desk job that requires zero physical effort so I went anyway.) 
  • Options
    @msashley2010-2 yes I'm sure you are right. I also work a desk job that doesn't require any physical effort, but I'll follow what the dr said anyway. If I didn't have the short cervix issue I might be less worried, but certainly don't want to risk preterm labor at 22 weeks. And my boss is very understanding about the whole thing and will let me work from home as much as I'm able, so I'm sure it will all be fine.
  • Options
    @JustBored10 Have you tried allergy eye drops? Sometimes this happens to me when my allergies are bad and the allergy eye drops help.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @LosAngelesMama this morning I woke up with conjunctivitis now in both eyes and cold symptoms :( So I know for sure it is viral and not allergies. I broke out all my essential oils, salves and oregano nose spray to hopefully kick this cold fast.
  • Options
    I think baby is kicking me in the cervix. I didn't experience this at all last time, because of previa, so I'm hoping this is a good sign. Still having daily painless BH. Otherwise feeling much better and energized. 
  • Options
    So this is super embarrassing, but I feel like I am growing excess fat or breast tissue underneath my armpit. 

For years I get a painful lump under my armpit near AF time and when I first got pregnant it was very painful as well. It no longer hurts at all anymore but it is growing larger. 

My OB spent a good five minutes palpating it on my initial appointment and said she thought it was just a lymph node and no big deal. 

But now it seems more just like excess fatty tissue and it looks really weird when I wear tank tops. I've got an appointment in a couple of weeks so hopefully they can give me some input. 
  • Options
    labby18labby18 member
    20wks & 2 days. Acid reflux/hearburn is now anytime of day, not just at nighttime. I definitely have more energy during the day. I can feel babygirl all the time. 
  • Options
    _Erica__Erica_ member
    @JustBored10 OMG lightning crotch! Yes, this is exactly how it should be described. I'm used to random stabbing pain all over my body, but usually in the form of icepick headaches, but this, oh, this was new and painful. 
    Still have the taste in my mouth. Still worse with sugar. I'm trying to remember that it is a blessing and keeping me from snacking off my hormones and tiredness. But it's hard to think that way all the time. I'm just so tired of feeling like a stranger in my body. 
  • Options
    @JustBored10 Oh no! Sorry to hear! Hope you get better soon!

20w5d and I'm happy to say I feel the best I've felt in months. It's been a month since I last threw up, nausea hits late at night so I just go to sleep, and I'm finally starting to get more energy. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    labby18labby18 member
    @_Erica_
    YES. I forgot to mention that. That just started yesterday. It is such a strange sensation.
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel numbness in my right hand and arm. Is anyone else experiencing this? I looked it up, and it seems like it's likely due to swelling. So many odd symptoms. (Though this one isn't too uncomfortable at this point.)
  • Options
    JNR6510JNR6510 member
    I'm starting to feel numbness in my right hand and arm. Is anyone else experiencing this? I looked it up, and it seems like it's likely due to swelling. So many odd symptoms. (Though this one isn't too uncomfortable at this point.)
    Pregnancy related tendinitis and carpal tunnel are very common. You might look into getting a brace to help with this. That's what my doc gave me.
  • Options
    @JNR6510 I will ask my doctor about that, thank you!
  • Options
    18+4
    Still waiting for the 2nd tri burst of energy.....mostly this week its swelling in my legs. not my ankles or feet, but my thighs. Its happened twice already, nothing too crazy but I didn't ahve this with my first so this is a first for me. Also, just my legs in general, they don't look like my legs. They are fat and bumpy, not my legs :( So when they swell its just looking worse. Its making me very self conscience.
  • Options
    I had been feeling pretty great the last 10 days or so, then the last couple of days have been hell. I've been dead tired no matter how much sleep I get. And I'm dealing with some stomach issues that is making it tough for me to eat... which has lead to ridiculous dizziness and headaches. Gah! I'm hoping this passes soon.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @CharChar821 I'm getting occasional swelling too, but only in my ankles when I'm on my feet a lot.  I didn't have swelling at all that I noticed with any of my previous pgs, and it's so early, so it's a little bothersome to me too. They look really bad when I'm wearing shorts/capris and sandals. Like big balloons/cankles, and I feel self conscious too!
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    21+6 

-started feeling flushed and light headed over the weekend. I'm thinking my blood sugar was dropping too low due to not enough protein, not eating often enough, etc. I've tried to be more mindful the past two days, and haven't had any more issues. 

-occasional headaches. Boo Tylenol! 

- other than that, I've been feeling pretty good. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I've been getting foot cramps. So freaking painful!

I also was having some numbness in my hand this weekend but it seems to be gone now n
  • Options
    @mamaofthegarden those were the absolute worse when I was pregnant with DD1! Knock on wood our pregnancy with DD2 does not go the foot cramp route!
  • Options
    18+6 FTM
    Overall I have been liking the 2nd tri energy and generally feeling better, but the last few days I have felt pretty regular discomfort/pulling and sometimes pain down in my lower abdomen--just above pelvis level. It feels like the muscles are getting stretched and yanked, which may mean RL pain. I've called the nurse and reassured myself with my sister and friends that they've experienced the same thing, but it still sucks. Also have gas on top of that, so I'm just feeling gross at the moment. 
  • Options
    22+6
    Feeling crappy today. Not sure if it's allergies, or the mancold that DH had last week that he wouldn't go to the doctor about. :neutral:
    It's also the busiest week of the year for us at work, so I can't be sick right now!
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Options
    21+1 today

I've been having some weird blood pressure/pounding heart stuff happening. I have an appt Monday morning, so as long as nothing serious happens before, I'll just mention it then. My bp is usually about 112/68 (ish), and yesterday afternoon my heart started pounding, but the nurse wasn't available. It happened again when I was laying in bed last night, and I checked my bp, it was 129/85, 94 bpm. So not awful, but high for me. It also brought on a massive headache. It was fine when I got up this morning. 

I just had another few minutes of heart pounding (TMI: when I was having BM, but I wasn't straining), but sitting quietly at my desk seems to be making it calm back down. I debated on bringing our blood pressure cuff to work with me, but that felt too... AW? Over reactive? I don't know. I decided not to.

My heart has also been "fluttering" off an on, like it's skipping a beat. I'm noticing it more often now, instead of the once a week or so that it was happening before. 

I'm still burpy, and the slow digestion struggles are real. I have adjusted my day time meals to be more like 4 big snacks than 2 meals, and that is helping with after-food nausea/grossness.

Other than that I feel pretty decent. No second trimester magic energy, but it could be much worse. 

I read online that in Britain they call lightening crotch "fanny daggers" and that makes me laugh. 
  • Options
    JNR6510 said:
    Pregnancy related tendinitis and carpal tunnel are very common. You might look into getting a brace to help with this. That's what my doc gave me.
    I also had tendinitis really bad after DD was born.....
  • Options
    @jena333-2 I will forever call it Fanny Daggers now!! Sounds way more polite and extra educated!  :D
  • Options
    klcarr19 said:
    @jena333-2 I will forever call it Fanny Daggers now!! Sounds way more polite and extra educated!  :D
    I loove this.. I should have been British!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Feeling fabulous! Got some energy. I always want food. (I'm constantly hungry.) 
  • Options
    Anybody have a recommendation for upset stomach? I feel like it happens almost anytime I eat anything lately. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yup...this is me today. I'm so tired. 21+4 today

April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    @jena333-2 I feel you on the heart fluttering and palpitations!  This has been happening to me often lately.  One of my friends experienced this during her last pregnancy and turns out it's pretty normal and likely due to the increase in blood volume.  

20 + 3 here
    - vomitting has finally stopped this week, however it's been replaced by a nasty cold (good times!)
    - numbness in hands and arms while sleeping and driving - not so much fun but this happened with my first so I'm not concerned
    - minor swelling in legs and ankles but nothing near as bad as with my first
    - today started the beginning of some interesting mid back / rib pain.  Not happy about that at all! 

• Options
    Anybody have a recommendation for upset stomach? I feel like it happens almost anytime I eat anything lately. 
    Does the severity of how much it bothers you depend on how much you eat? I had a couple weeks where every time I ate lunch and them tried to do something (you know, like they expect you to at WORK) I would feel completely horrible. It wasn't happening at dinner because I don't do anything after dinner (just hang out). What I ended up doing is changing the amount I eat and the number of times. So now I eat something small at 11:30-12 for "lunch," then have half a PB+N+J sandwich and a bit of fruit (a few strawberries) at 2, and have the other half and a couple more strawberries at 4. It's working for me for almost a week now.
  • Options
    19 weeks and feeling pretty good other than some serious heartburn, at all times of the day now instead of just at night. I've learned to eat smaller amounts more times throughout the day to avoid nausea and general discomfort. Still having lower back/hip pain but I have a feeling that's not going away anytime soon. Can't complain in general, I know it could be worse!
  • Options
    jena333-2 said:
    Does the severity of how much it bothers you depend on how much you eat? I had a couple weeks where every time I ate lunch and them tried to do something (you know, like they expect you to at WORK) I would feel completely horrible. It wasn't happening at dinner because I don't do anything after dinner (just hang out). What I ended up doing is changing the amount I eat and the number of times. So now I eat something small at 11:30-12 for "lunch," then have half a PB+N+J sandwich and a bit of fruit (a few strawberries) at 2, and have the other half and a couple more strawberries at 4. It's working for me for almost a week now.
    Yes! I can definitely tell a difference when I eat a bigger meal. And usually that's dinner, and after dinner I'm running around chasing a little person. It's like it kind of just started though, never used to happen before. I guess I'll do what you are doing and try to see if I can eat something lighter for dinner. And ugh when it happens at work, it's the WORST. I feel like if I love it's much worse. Did you try any meds like Tums? 

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Has anyone noticed.. that they need more deodorant recently? I feel like I need to apply it several times a day because I get so sticky.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: