June 2017 Moms
Options

Weekend Chatter 4-29

Happy weekend!  We almost made it to May where our first wave of babies will be born!!!  Drop your weekend thoughts and plans here!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: Weekend Chatter 4-29

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ladies night!!! I so badly want a margarita, but I'll settle for chips and guacamole. It's my last ladies night for the foreseeable future.
    Yum...chips and guac :)
  • Options
    Off to our final prenatal class this morning, then we're finally going to watch Beauty and the Beast (to use a 2 for 1 movie coupon that explores tomorrow), and a friend of ours is having a BBQ/party tonight. Tomorrow we are helping move DH's grandma into a new room at a retirement home and then I think we have the day to ourselves. 

I'm hoping this weekend helps DH. I had thought he was doing better because he's been less anxious, but it seems that while I've been away at work 12hrs a day for the last 2 weeks, he's been sliding the other way down the scale into depression instead. He's particularly upset today because some friends were supposed to come watch a movie last night, but by the time they came over, and went out to get food, and finished talking etc etc we started the movie so late that they decided to stop it halfway through because they had to be up early this morning. DH hates when plans change, and can't stop talking today about how no one "gets it", and everyone thinks he's overreacting, and that if he's not constantly reminding people of what he wants to do then no one cares, and he'll just have to "eat it" and either let it go or start a big argument about it. 

Really, really hoping his current mood doesn't trigger the anxiety again while at this prenatal class, I don't think either of us can handle any more conversations about baby being negative, especially when it seemed we were making progress. 
  • Options
    Currently searching for a target gift card my husband got from a coworker for a baby gift.  I can't find the stupid thing anywhere!  After that teeball and cleaning.
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    We are friggin finishing the major project in my son's room that my FIL started, called in his brother, and now has become a 2.5 week long project. 
    Words can really not express how pissed I am about this project! DH now has to paint 3 walls to cover the mistakes his uncle made, the project took waaay longer than it should have, and FIL abandoned DH on this project well over a week ago. DS1 has been sleeping in the baby's room and I had thought that we were nearly done with her room but everything from DS1's got piled in her room and I'm going to have to rewash everything from her room and DS1's room because of drywall dust. Like even stuffed animals. 
    To top it all off, DH and I were trying to have the attitude of "oh well, free labor" but his uncle asked for $50 yesterday to cover costs! Its a drop in the bucket compared to what it would have cost to have a professional come in but we're now going to have to do 10x more work because of him. I wanted to work on the nursery and baby stuff this weekend :disappointed:
  • Options
    After working 40 hours this week and all the rain/storms we are having... I just want to sleep. However, I think it finally hit me that baby will be here soon, so I guess I should finish buying things we need and actually finish her nursery. I'm not usually one to procrastinate on this stuff, but being almost 35 weeks pregnant and working 40 hours a week (on my feet, I'm a nurse) is starting to take it toll. Someone else tell me I'm not the only one waiting til last minute! lol 
  • Options
    I drove back from a bachelorette party in Michigan this afternoon and headed home to shower and then to a first communion party. My drunk friends kept us up super late last night the were up by 8am. Now DH and I are hanging out at my parents head but I quickly need to have a date with my bed for our all day birth class at the hospital tomorrow followed by a baby shower for a family member. Zzzzzzzz
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Wrong thread!

• Options
    @huzzahuzza that is so frustrating! I totally can commiserate with that after having months of bathroom/house renovation!

@TGmomtobe90 I've been doing better the past week or two bc every few days insomnia and energy comes out of nowhere, but I feel like I've been procrastinating and I'm not typically a procrastinator. Work is just so much more difficult and exhausting when you're 8 months pregnant! I need extra rest time. ... but I also have more to do than ever before! 
  • Options
    I've been patiently waiting for that nesting phase to kick in, but I guess I slept through it. Haha