July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    acstec1 said:
    @PurplePoppy424 No way I would go if I were you either! Especially since there was never any acknowledgement for your wedding or babies! That's how I felt... I'm pretty sure neither of them could even tell me the name of my DD. The cherry on top was her registry. Half of it was stuff for her, 6 different pairs of pajamas, giftcards for a chef/meal delivery system, giftcard for manicure/pedicure, labor socks (didn't know that was a thing) etc... while these are nice things, I don't feel like that's what a registry should be made up of for your baby shower. 
    Holy cow. Yeah. That's super tacky. 
  • Options
    I registered at Babies R Us and Target, and I put several duplicate things on both registries with the intention of monitoring them and removing the extra one in case one was bought. My sister-in-law and an aunt ended up buying the pack and plays off each one at almost the exact same time. Then, at the shower, another aunt had bought a travel crib off registry. I ended up with two PNPs, the new crib, and a crib that someone had already given us several months ago. And those were the only things bought from either registry. At least we will get the completion discounts...

My FFFC: I just bought a bunch of Cadbury Creme eggs from the grocery store because they are on sale for 10 cents. I got them home and ate one, and I remembered that I don't really like Cadbury Creme eggs. Oops.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    FFFC: I am so un-sentimental. I have US pics hanging on the calendar right now, but I'll most likely just throw them away when I get sick of them being in the way. I also throw away all of DS's "artwork" from school, and I have printed approximately zero photos of him in his almost 3 years of life. I should do better about that last one.
  • Options
    All of this ones US pictures are in a freezer bag. They will probably make it to a keepsake box that will get lost in the attic until we move. 
    married 7.18.12   DS1 4.29.13   EDD 11.23.14

my happy boy

• Options
    AdaByron said:
    FFFC: I am so un-sentimental. I have US pics hanging on the calendar right now, but I'll most likely just throw them away when I get sick of them being in the way. I also throw away all of DS's "artwork" from school, and I have printed approximately zero photos of him in his almost 3 years of life. I should do better about that last one.
    I also throw away all of the artwork, on rare occasion I will keep one and have a folder somewhere... I have 4 half completed "year books" of dd. I keep telling myself when I get free time I'll do it. Now when do I get that free time? I did make DH backup all of my pictures onto 2 external hard drives so I know they're safe for someday use...
  • Options
    mamadcbmamadcb member
    FFFC: I am not-so-secretly pleased to be converting our guest room into a baby room. I love our family and friends and I appreciate them even more when they have their own place to sleep! Especially so when we've got a baby crying at night. 
  • Options
    mamadcb said:
    FFFC: I am not-so-secretly pleased to be converting our guest room into a baby room. I love our family and friends and I appreciate them even more when they have their own place to sleep! Especially so when we've got a baby crying at night. 
    I kinda feel the same way, haha!