December 2017 Moms
Options

Everything Food and Drink 4/28

So I made eggplant parmeasean this week and threw most of it away! Clearly a total pregnancy fail ( or at least that's what I'm blaming it on ). Three pounds of cheese,  two pounds eggplant and a lot of time in the trash because I was to tired or lazy to deep freeze any of it. What are you eating this week ? 

Re: Everything Food and Drink 4/28

• Options
     I just devoured half a bag of cinnamon churros from Aldi. Omg, so good! They are kind of like Taco Bell's cinnamon twists and luckily mostly air. At least that's what I keep telling myself. :#

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    Those sound pretty good I'll have to pick some up ! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kimchi. Everyday. That bitter/spicy/sour combo is one of the only things I can stomach.  I also am having a difficult time with coffee.  The smell is starting to bother me and I don't know how I will make it through the day if I can't have a cup, ugh. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    @alysapuggles haha, your snack choice together with your siggy made me laugh. 
  • Options
    @ameliabedelia-2 I developed a major coffee aversion with DS. I wanted it but couldn't stand the smell. Such a bummer.

@camomile_june Hahaha I didn't notice that until now! Sounds like me rationalizing though.

Me: 36  DH: 41
    DS: 07/03/11
    TTC #2: July 2016
    BFP: 4/19/17 EDD: 12/31/17
  • Options
    I was craving fried mozzarella yesterday so I got some for lunch.  It was the worst fried mozz I ever had and I was so disappointed. 
  • Options
    I had Swedish meatballs from IKEA today and was so happy!!! I'm attempting to convince DH we need to go out for dinner tonight because I don't have energy to cook. Fried Mozz sounds really freaking tasty right about now. I may cave and have a mini mimosa this weekend. This week has been a struggle and I think i've earned it. But then again, part of me is telling myself to wait until after our first appointment on the 15th.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg, girl, drink the mini-mimosa.  We are taking an impromptu trip to the beach this weekend and I definitely plan on allowing myself a beer at some point. 
    Momma to Amelia Marie (7/14) and Austin Samuel (11/17). Adding baby (girl) #3 on 7/21  <3
  • Options
    I just inhaled chicken nachos. 
  • Options
    moonlady-2moonlady-2 member
    edited April 2017
    @kvacmak Anything with Frank's Red Hot is going to be good!

AFM, I have had french dip 3 nights in a row. Prior to this haven't had it in a really long time! Hitting the spot currently. Other than that I have been really wanting fruit, especially pineapple.
    31 years young
    from Seattle(ish)
    5 years married
    FTM and PGAL
    EDD is 12/23/17
    -- It's a BOY! ---

• Options
    My eating pattern lately is ...
    Morning: Let's force down these dry a*s crackers so I won't get MS today.
    Late Morning: Nope.
    Afternoon: Gag while making DS lunch. Cry from hunger.
    Early Evening: I'm so hungry. Guess I'll drink all the water.
    Evening: CRAVINGS GALORE
    Late Evening: Time for some healthy snacks, I guess.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg @breezybee @kvacmak I want to want alcohol. I used to love whiskey. My husband and I first bonded over it (he's a Scotch man, but I was all about bourbon). Ever since I got pregnant with DD though, just the smell of it makes my mouth water like I have to throw up. I can't do shots anymore either; they instantly gag me. I've had less than a 12 pack of beer since DD was born in J16, which is sad for me because I LOVE a good microbrew. I just get halfway through one and then get so tired that I either fall asleep or lose interest and then it gets warm. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel I've been the same way with beer at home!! I'll start a beer and get about halfway through and then it gets warm. Henry's Hard Soda though has been awesome. I can't do shots either (Jack Daniel and I had a major fight my junior year of college and he won). Sometimes overly strong margaritas can get me too.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My days consist of pancakes, buttered noodles, Veggie Chips, and toast. I've found that all carbs, all the time keeps the violent/spontaneous barfing away. Yet my pants are getting quite tight, wonder how that could be? Doughnuts sound really good today. So does mac and cheese. 

I miss wine in thought, but I'm sure right now it would not sit pretty. I quit tolerating coffee at about week 4. Insert crying emoji. 
  • Options
    Apparently I eat jalapeños now. Totally a pregnancy thing. I've been on a peanut butter & banana sandwich kick for breakfast. I don't have any specific aversions but some smells really throw me off. Like last week I walked in to the teachers' lounge and smelled pickles and almost gagged. But I ate pickles the next day. So strange.

May Siggy Challenge: TV mom

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @brittyclem AHHH, ALL THE CARBS! It's the only thing not turning me off and making me gag. I might have some buttered egg noodles for breakfast.

@lijuan09 Yeah, I thought you were going to say you had jalapeños with peanut butter and banana. Hahaha, blegh!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lijuan09 yes to the weird smell/taste paradox. If I so much think about the smell of an egg at the moment, yikes. But I ate two eggs yesterday, no problem. 
  • Options
    I wanted to ask you all how on earth you're getting enough omega-3 (and especially the DHA one or whatever it's called, the one that's really important in pg). I don't particularly like fish, but I can choke down some tuna in oil if I must. And shrimp. But tuna is on the list of things to limit, so how I'm gonna get to 3-4 servings of fish a week, IDK. Any suggestions/info/etc. (even if it's 'stop worrying') will be much appreciated. 
  • Options
    I wanted to ask you all how on earth you're getting enough omega-3 (and especially the DHA one or whatever it's called, the one that's really important in pg). I don't particularly like fish, but I can choke down some tuna in oil if I must. And shrimp. But tuna is on the list of things to limit, so how I'm gonna get to 3-4 servings of fish a week, IDK. Any suggestions/info/etc. (even if it's 'stop worrying') will be much appreciated. 
    I get it from my prenatals. I do also eat a lot of salmon and overnight oats made with chia seeds. 
  • Options
    @Jellybelly119 chia seeds, that's new to me. Will google their composition today. Thanks!
  • Options
    @brittyclem Pancakes sound perfect right about now. 
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel put a little salt/pepper, and if you're feeling wild, a sprinkle of Parmesan. Living life to the fullest! 
  • Options
    @brittyclem I added some seasoned salt. Yum! I'll have to try some parm next time!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Usually milk makes me really sick tummy upset and body aches but lately I've been craving things like milk shakes and cold yogurt and cheese. Instead of making me sick they have been keeping my heartburn at bay. So weird.
  • Options
    @brittabatwhite typically milk products are really good for indigestion. I usually drink milk or eat yogurt when I get it because tums don't work for me anymore
    Beautiful Baby Girl Amelia Marie
    Born May 25, 2016
    Angel Baby January 20th, 2017
    Baby #2 Due December 6th 2017
  • Options
    @TigerCakes me too. I stopped at sonic to get some mozzarella sticks last week. Wish I could stomach them now. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My grocery list this week was ridiculous. So many carbs, just stabbing st something I thought I could stomach. So far, nope! I had crab stuffed flounder last night with a salad. The salad was amazing. It was just lettuce and ranch with 5 croutons. Now I want to find a really good salad bar!!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brittabatwhite while I'm pregnant all my lactose intolerance issues go away! I take advantage of it.

I've been living off of bread right now. It's the only thing that doesn't sound horrible.
  • Options
    @brittabatwhite I was just telling DH how much I wanted a strawberry milkshake from Steak N Shake.  The weather is so bad today, I was lazy and just had vanilla ice cream at home.  I LOVE ice cream while I'm preggo.

• Options
    I was craving salt and vinegar chips so naturally I ordered a 20 bag package on Amazon and now I can't stand the taste. Same thing with these ramen snacks. I ordered 20. Ate one bag and hate them. I despise salt all of a sudden.  I could start a snack food truck, though?
  • Options
    I had a Krispy Kreme glazed kreme-filled donut today. No shame. And then, DH and I "shared" (he had 2 bites...) a slice of store bought cake. Still no shame. 

But we we had a really well balanced dinner of steak, a fregola sarda pasta side dish and a salad with a white balsamic vinegar dressing.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I usually have a crazy sweet tooth and crave sweets super often, but since getting my BFP I haven't much at all. I haven't had cravings or aversions at all yet, so I feel like it's my fear of gestational diabetes manifesting itself...
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • Options
    I ate a mini bundt cake today that I normally LOVE, but I couldn't even finish it because it was waaaaaay too sweet. Like instant diabetes sweet. Same thing happened with a cupcake last week. Hmmmmm...
  • Options
    It's all about fruit for me right now.  It doesn't matter what kind, I just want fruit.  
    ****Trigger mentioned****
    Us:  37, 38, unexplained IF
    TTC for the second time
    Married 10/21/12 to my wonderful wife
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science
    since 2/2014

7 IUIs, 1 cancelled due to too many follicles, 6 BFNs.
    IVF #1 & 2 Failed
    IVF #3 20 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized with ICSI, 6 made it to day 5
                 2 blasts transferred 7/17
    Beta #1 7/26 ***BFP*** 144
    Beta #2 7/28 271
    Beta #3 8/4 1972
    8/15 - Officially pregnant with TWINS
    9/1 - Baby B no longer has a heartbeat, Baby A is holding on!
    9/29 - MMC
    Genetic testing revealed Trisomy 15
    Next cycle will be FET without PGS testing. 
    3/27 - FET transferred 2 "excellent" blasts 
    Beta #1 4/5 ***BFP*** 107 (9dp5dt)
    Beta #2 4/7  244  (11dp5dt)
    Beta #3 4/14  2038   (18dp5dt)
    4/25 - Confirmed pregnancy. Baby measured 1 day behind, FHR 132
    5/9 - 2nd U/S - Baby measured one day ahead, FHR 178
    12/21 - Baby Boy born
    12/10 - FET transfered 1 3BB blast
    Beta #1 12/19 - 88
    Beta #2 12/21 - 230
    Beta #3 12/18 - 3066
  • Options
    I only want to eat Hyvee Chinese and hamburgers. Neither of which I eat when not pregnant. 
  • Options
    @acgonzalez22 I made nachos yesterday! They were soo good...I was in a food coma for the afternoon/evening!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @jlemons-2 Hamburgers are my fav! I haven't craved/wanted them once since getting pregnant...depressing for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @lablover920 I'm eating your quota for you.  :)