November 2017 Moms
Options

Progenity Innatal (Verifi)

Has anyone gotten the genetic testing by Progenity done? I'm curious to see how long it took to get your results back.

Re: Progenity Innatal (Verifi)

• Options
    I am getting this test done but not until next week so I don't have any answers for you. I would suggest you post under the Here for the sex post as most of those ladies have already had their tests done and may have used the above test. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I used Verifi with DS at 12 weeks. I think a lot of practitioners still wait to closer to 12 weeks for improved accuracy on the genetic scan, at least as far as I've been told by MFMs.

Anyway, it took about one week to get the results. 

Not it to be snarky but not everyone uses these cfDNA tests to determine the baby's sex, @CubsFan7, since they're primarily a screening for genetic abnormalities. Sex is just a bonus for those interested (which I understand plenty of people are, and that's ok too). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @deeerfauxm your attitude is not needed. I did not say that I, nor anyone else, took the test for the sex so you need to step off. We try to keep this board organized and in doing so, a lot of questions can be answered in other posts. The op question can be answered in the Here for the sex post because SURPRISE! most of them already had their NIPT test done and that is how they found out what the sex is. Next time, please educate yourself before you come at me again. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    deeerfauxmdeeerfauxm member
    edited May 2017
    Wasn't coming at you, @CubsFan7, like I said above. It was just another perspective from someone who has used the test in the past (as in, I'm educated on the subject of cfDNA in my past and current pregnancy and in convos with practitioners). The "here for the sex" thread might not be where someone looks if they have not realized it's about the reveals (like OP). That's not actually in the name of the thread, which could mean a mixture of tests, old wives' tales, or the ups and downs of sex during preganacy, etc, which wasn't of interest to me much when it popped up though I did look at it early on. I wanted to answer OP's specific question so it's easier to find for those of us who are not here for the sex. And my other point was that many practitioners don't offer those tests until week 12 (though I know some will do it earlier), so only half of N17 moms are even at that point this week. 
    Edit for typo
  • Options
    @deeerfauxm That is the reason I suggested she ask in that thread. She may not have realized she could ask there. Again, your attitude is not needed. There was NO reason for you to try to call me out. Her question wasn't getting answered so I pointed her to an area where I could get answered. End of story. 
    Pregnancy Ticker