November 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday TTGP Check-in 4/27

This is a check-in for friends from the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member of that board please let us know how you are doing! 

1. Due date?

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 

4. Questions/concerns?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Thursday TTGP Check-in 4/27

• Options
    1. Due date?
    11/18

Physically ok, just anxious for my next appointment. Just trying to remind myself everything is fine and even after my awful pain I still got to see a healthy baby on the ultrasound.

Not til next Thursday, can't wait!

4. Questions/concerns? 
    Pants are getting to be a real struggle. Please come quick, dress weather.

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I've been living in dresses at work. Though I think my bloat has gone down my pants are definitely uncomfy. Thank goodness for dresses.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Due date? 11/8

Pretty good except the work pressure continues.

Tuesday! Can't wait, I NEED to hear that heartbeat and know the baby is okay. I'm so attached already it scares me.

4. Questions/concerns?

Can someone remind me what sunscreen is ok?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 You want a physical sunscreen, not chemical, and make sure it doesn't have oxybenzone. I finally found my face sunscreen btw and am not on the hunt for a body one since now we'll be in GA this summer and not NY, so I'm sure I'll be at the pool more. I hate swimming in New England/ Northeast summers. It never gets warm enough. 

1. Due date? 11/10 but I'm measuring a full 6 days ahead consistently but dr hasn't changed EDD

I feel good. My bump is a bump. A 2nd grader asked if I was having a baby, when I was wearing a baggy LLR shirt. 
    Just had one yesterday. NT measurement is perfectly normal. Next apt is in 4 weeks right before we move.
    4. Questions/concerns? 
    I may be on the hunt for maternity spanx/shapewear. I like to wear them with dresses for my butt and thighs but don't want to squish baby. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @slaven so glad your appt. went well! I'll have to find some sunscreen tomorrow as we're going hiking saturday and I burn soooo easily.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @slaven what kind of sunscreen are you using? I mentioned in another thread I'm nervous about cholasma. I'm darker skinned and tan easily, never burn so I thought it just wouldn't be an issue for me but my research showed it can happen to any skin type and won't go away til after birth. Do not want!

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I just bought this and like it so far. It is safe for pregnancy and gets good reviews. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D6P85FS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1. Due date? 11/23

Awful. No energy, extreme nausea and vomiting and work is chaotic (still working through the employee drama/divorce/affair situation with 3 of my employees). I am so ready for the school year to end and the first trimester to be over. I just don't have it in me to keep pushing along like this.

No, not for 2 more weeks.

4. Questions/concerns? 
    Nothing at this point. I haven't been very active on the Bump for the past week, hoping to get back at it when things settle down.
  • Options
    Thank you @dragonfly87-2! Buying that tomorrow, maybe in a little higher SPF if I can find it. Is it ok to use on face and body? I don't often break out and would like to keep it that way haha. Sorry you're feeling so sick and miserable, wishing you a quick few more months of the school year!

• Options
    @duchessofcambridge it doesn't feel as thin as face sun block, but I have used it on my face with no issues so far. In the comments, people mention using it on their face. It's pricey, but it's a huge bottle should last a while. 
  • Options
    1. Due date? 11/13-11/20 Baby measured 6 days ahead last time, so perinatologist is now going by LMP, 11/13. It's my kid, so it will come whenever it feels like it, regardless of my plans. Haha 

Doing great, just tired. Told my coworkers I was participating in Take Your Child to Work Day yesterday and showed them my ultrasound. They were all so excited!

Had one on Wednesday. Everything was great and HR was up to 170. DH gave this look when he saw baby's legs and I had to shut that down because it was definitely the umbilical cord!

4. Questions/concerns? 

One thing that bothers me about my OB office is they don't call with test results "unless they're bad". But once, they didn't, and I found out I had an abnormal Pap when I called. Things were fine, but I don't trust that they will remember to call if it is bad now.

Just keeping our friends who are having a rough time with their pregnancies in my thoughts. 
    <3 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    1. Due date? 11/9

Physically? Great! Emotionally? Pretty rough. I chose to do an enhanced carrier screening at my first OB appointment.  The results came back that I'm a carrier of Tay-Sachs. I was completely blindsided by this as nothing in my heritage would suggest that I would be a carrier.  My husband was tested yesterday to see if he is a carrier and we should have the results in 10-14 days.  I'm trying to be level-headed and focus on the fact that even if my husband is a carrier (which is unlikely, although I didn't expect to be one either), the baby has a 75% chance of being perfectly healthy -- but that's way easier said than done.  In addition to that news, a dear friend of mine, who is due around the same time as me, received some devastating news about her pregnancy yesterday and it's all that I can think about.  My heart is completely broken for her and I just want to take away her pain.

I had an u/s and check up yesterday. We also found out via NIPT that we are having a little girl! 

4. Questions/concerns? Nope.

@NYTino24 I'm glad everything went so well at your appointment on Wednesday! My office is similarly bad about calling with results.  They told me yesterday that they get over 400 lab results per day and that I should just keep calling to bug them.  I feel like that's totally backwards and annoying.
    @jess0211 I hope that the time between now and your appointment flies by!!
    @DuchessOfCambridge Ooof. I totally feel you on the pants struggle. I've been so happy the days that I've been able to wear a dress! I also bought a few j.crew skirts that have an elastic top (like this) that are super comfy. Elastic waistbands are my new bff.
    Me: 32 H: 32
    Married: October 2009
    TTC#1: August 2016
    BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
    DD Born 10/20/17

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I did some research today and found that the baby coppertone is safe. I ended up getting the baby banana boat brand b/c it has same ingredients, both noted as safe, and it was on sale

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @NYTino24 what a fun and cute way to tell your co-workers!

@julesdp what is your heritage? I recently found out that DH and I could be carriers because a small French Canadian population are carriers and we both have French Canadian in our family. We got tested because of this. Just try to remember, both you AND DH have to be carriers and even then the chance that your child will be affected is pretty low (I can't remember the exact percentage). Try to not worry too much (easier said than done, I know!) until you find out about your DH. I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I'll say some prayers for her.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    @JulesDP Sending more good vibes your way! DH and I had our chromosomes tested the week after I found out I was pregnant for the first time. I was told two weeks for the results and it took 4. It is scary to wait and worse when the results are a surprise, but I am crossing my fingers your baby isn't affected. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @jess0211 I'm English/Italian/Russian, MH is Irish/German.  I've always associated the disease with those of Ashkenazi Jewish descent which is why I was so surprised with my results. Anyway, you're right - I just need to keep focusing on the statistics.
    Me: 32 H: 32
    Married: October 2009
    TTC#1: August 2016
    BFP: 3/1/17  EDD: 11/9/17
    DD Born 10/20/17

• Options
    @julesdp me too! that's why when they said we should get tested b/c of our French Canadian ancestry I was completely thrown for a loop. FX YH test comes back negative and you can stop worrying. I know how hard that is! hugs!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I use a Shiseido face sunblock that's oil free (It's the Urban Environment one). I had acne prone skin prepregancy and even now that my skin is clearer, if I skip my night or morning face routine at least one pimple will pop up. It also doesn't make me oily but it is very white and I'm pale so a white cast doesn't show up on me but if you have darker skin it may. But I hear that about a lot of pregnancy safe face sunscreens, or maybe it's all sunscreens. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018